• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot Join Thiefs Guild, lets give them a database

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below just post Shard, Facet, location, char age, theif guildmaster name, and their response.

Make sure your char has over 60 real stealing, and over 48 hours logged in game time.

Atlantic
Tram
Skarea Brea
Outside Shattered Skull
approx 130 months
Paullette

answer too young

YES please send in bug reports i fogot about that :)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic
Fel
Serpeants Hold
Outside Serpeants Arms
approx 130 months
Gary

Too Young

A

Arnie QuickPalm

This is Great Idea lets be sure everyone that post also sends in a bug report

i am on my third shard napa/origin/pac
every city Fel/tram
too many guildmasters to name

i have even tried to pay after they said too young hoping the message was just broke

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes
Tram
Skara Brae
Inside Shattered Skull
10 months (at LEAST 80 hours game time)
Forrest

Too Young

C

concernedplayer

Great Lakes
Fel
Vesper
Bank
10 months
Lawrence

Too young
I don't know if this is related, but it might be ...

I have accounts that are paid for with a gametime code. When logging into the UO store, even though my account is 11 years old, it won't let me buy a single thing ... it says my account is "too young".

I don't believe you can buy a single thing from the uogamecodes.com store unless your account is paid for with a credit card, which is part of their loop-check to see if your account is old enough to buy stuff from their store (can't buy under 30 days old).

So my question is, are these people with thieves who can't get into the thieves guild playing on accounts that are paid for with game time codes? Because maybe their system checking account age for purchasing from uogamecodes.com and for determining age of thieves to enter the thieves guild use the exact same system, and are perpetually "too young" if an account is paid for with a game time code.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
118 actual Stealing put on from a stone.....

108 months old.....

Shard: Great Lakes

Guildmaster: Jhelom......

Too Young (First response 2 weeks ago) Now..... "You want to join the guild?" No further response at all..... Am I in the thieves guild???? NO....

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah well another day Malg you have to say the Master name and Join not just guild?

Today

Moonglow tram
Ayaluna
still to young

was online 4 hours yesturday

D

D'Amavir

Catskills

Trammel

Skara, Cove and Britain

60.1 stealing real

approx 1 year old (has burned off a murder count and still unable to join. Got count as a test to be sure it was of a proper age)

Several different gm's over several different attempts at various towns in Trammel

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seem to be a problem with timer on char, maybe it is till the 30 day limit of houseplacing?

P

Prodigal Son

Legends shard tried in Skara

100.7 real stealing
11 months old account
left Toon in Luna backsitting for the last 4 days to make sure enough in game hours

Too Young

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah anyhow keeping this rolling another try

Serpeant Fel Britiana Herbs
Gabe
and i am still to young?

getting VERY OLD

another bug report sent again

R

Ryix (europa)

Just out of curiosity how many of you have stoned the skill on? Perhaps there is a point at with your char suddenly becomes oldenough "skill wise" and if you skip right past this (via stone) you bypass that check and show as not having old enough stealing?

Just to contribute really (incase it helps)

My char (who used to be in the theif guild incidentally but left)
Europa
Tram
Cove
Wayyy old enough (has joined before and has since trained alch/blacksmith(again)/LJ/Inscription/carp all from 0 to gm also has done mmmaaannnnyy heartwood quests and countless hours LJ)
Thief gm: Marcy

Too young!

Hehe maybe they have made another step in removing thiefs from the game by not allowing new ones. I laugh but ill quit if they do...

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid ? but do u guys have the gold on u to join? I tried joining a bit ago, cant rmemeber what it told me, but wheni came back with the gold, i was able to join... its unjoining i have a prob with

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You must have 60 real skill.
You must be 48 hours old in playtime. I have 110 month-old characters that ARENT 48 hours old. Trust me, 48 hours is longer than people think.

I just created a new thief on Chessy.

First thing I did was get a murder count. As soon as my 1 longterm count ran up, I went and got a 2nd murder count. By the time my short term ran up I was exactly 48 hours old.

Said, "name join", handed him 500 gold, VOILA. In Thieves guild.

Not sure whats going on for all you folks.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

dude i stayed loged in for a week did you not read the FOF ??there is an issue they are working on

D

D'Amavir

dude i stayed loged in for a week did you not read the FOF ??there is an issue they are working on
Same here. I kept a laptop on the table beside me with the longest macro I could create going and I just hit a button every few minutes to be sure I didn't go afk. Still too young. Also, I gave the character a murder count that has since gone away. Still too young.

If the devs can't reproduce this, I can volunteer my account so that they can see it in action if it helps them. I will even put another murder count on him so that can be sure that he is old enough. But we know that is not how it works. heh

At least they are looking into it, or so they say.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

the FOF said they had a work around for it with next puplish

S

ShadowJack

tell them while they are at it, to fix the disguise kit messing up your macros

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brit Bank Roof
Jason

Still to young

Humm isnt this enough of a reproduction?

Get off your buts and figure it out.

Schouldn't be lal that hard to find a bunch of us and ask us to try in fron of a GM. Damn I have paged on two other issues within this time and spken with GMs both times but when they ask if they can do anything else they wont touch this subject.

BAH

Just a quick vent

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the problem you are all having. I am the Thief Guildmaster. The people you see at the banks don't have the authority to grant you entry into my guild. They kinda take your names and send them to me for my review. this takes a little longer than the old way. I do prefer this way though, it helps keep the riff raff out...la