• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot get UO to work

Zebediah

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appear to have gotten the patch but when I hit the OK button UO begins loading then I get this error : "Ultima Online Client has stopped working"

Any suggestions?

Zebediah

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once I hit ok on the patch screen a small box appears showing UO loading then i get the error ...cant even get to login screen

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but which client are you using? (classic or enhanced)

(you tried a second time and it did the same thing? Sounds a bit like what happens if you use Vista and don't run as administrator)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone else got any ideas? I'm out and I don't have the classic client installed to poke around.

T

Teiwaz

I can still get into UO just fine even after my 2d client download some new content, but I cannot purchase that dang'nabit upgrade code because I get an error message saying they are getting to many orders and cannot prossess my order at this time and gives a phone number ,and so after a little over 2 hrs of trying to purchase the dang-nabit upgrade code I decided to call and the friggin' recorder said EA Games is closed..beep beep beep beep beep beep beep... So yeah I'm greatly upset right now after a hard day at work I come home to more aggravation, hmmmmf. I better be able to get my order through in the dang-nabit mornin' or I'ma gonna get even angrier and have some words with EA's Head about being better prepared (his obviously lack off it for the SA release).

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug in the page: even though it allows you to put up to five in your basket, you can still only complete the purchase with 2.

T

Teiwaz

Bug in the page: even though it allows you to put up to five in your basket, you can still only complete the purchase with 2.
But I'm only trying to purchase just one. I cannot offord to get more until thursday when I get payed agin.

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I'm only trying to purchase just one. I cannot offord to get more until thursday when I get payed again.
Same here, can't log in to the Classic SA. Need to log in using my old UO. So don't uninstall your version like I did on second machine, No more UO :(

Not sure what the problem.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uh ... just in case there is any misunderstanding ... the old UO is the classic version you want to use. The special version for retribution isn't needed any more.

(a few weeks back I said something different, but as sometimes happens, I was completely wrong)