• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] cannons

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a question, what is the difference between heavy and light cannons ?
And specifically are there some boats that can only carry the heavy ones while other only the light ones ? Will the heavy cannons slow boats down ?

And maybe do the cannons sell and at what price ? :p

Thanks for any info you can give me about those !

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Heavy do more damage, take more resources to make, and the stuff to fire them is more costly. Light cannons work, just take more shots to do the damage that the heavy ones do. They do not slow the boats down at all and I think all High Sea ships can use the heavies.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you now I can work on crafting heavy cannons without worrying :D

Still wondering if it's worth putting some on a vendor or if people just craft them themselves ?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It may be, High Seas stuff moved slowly for me but did sell. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I may put my vendor back up.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as I have enough resources to sell some i'll try and let you know :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know I looked for stuff myself for a few weeks before giving up and crafting my own (and it took me forever to figure out which skills did which items, though thanks to an ASH, I was able to make it all with one character)