• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you truthfully say you LOVE your job.

S

SwordBlaze

I sure as hell can! I love my job a lot. I wake up and cannot wait to get into work! Anyone else as awesome as me?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I DO get to sit and play video games and surf the internet 90% of my shift, so... eh, I can live with it, at least.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up to 5 years ago, I wake up every morning enthusiatic about what new problems and challenges awaits me that day, and what longterm plans/solution I could put in place to prevent similar problems from happening.

There's less enthusiam now, my team did too well a job...we now spend 90% of our time surfing the net, smoke breaks, tea breaks, reading the papers, online chats, blogs etc... and of course replying to forums :D At least until the project budget is unfrozen.

Ohhh, and trying to look busy when the boss comes around to chat with us (his job has gotten alot easier too from our efforts) heheh

I love my job!

T

Tycolby

Liquorstore Manager at a Liquorstore next to a college campus FTW!!!!!

:shots: MAS TEQUILA

M

MoneyMaker

I own my own buisness, so yeah, I love my Job but hate my boss (he is a real a$$). :D

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My last paying job, yes I loved it. I worked at an elementary school. I loved those kids and teachers. I was a teachers aide and playground/cafeteria monitor (trust me it's harder than it sounds) Broke my heart to leave it. But I got to continue the thankless but much rewarding job of raising my 2 girls and taking care of the fella I love that comes home from the job he loves to hate to love lol. Now that the girls are older I get to play a bit more too so benifits are worth it lol.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, what a great shift for your life. Being a productive member of society to being a brood mare.

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I DO get to sit and play video games and surf the internet 90% of my shift, so... eh, I can live with it, at least.
This.

In all seriousness, I love my work. However, some of the individuals that I have to deal with at my job weigh heavily on my opinion of it.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i truthfully do love it...always nice to wake up and get to go to work. gotta love I.S....and i own my own consulting company as well so yay me!! :danceb:

debii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i drive a medium sized bus that can seat 33 students and 2 wheelchairs, but is not the smallest bus in our fleet. we also have a full sized special needs bus that can accommodate 8 wheelchair students + the other students that sit in a regular seat. it is truly rewarding to serve these children and their parents.
thank you for asking.

debii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i stand corrected Aran thank you for your asinine comment and reply.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until the end of this week, I have three jobs. Two I love, one I don't like at all. The two I love I'm self employed on, so I set my own schedule and things are done when I choose. The third is working for someone else and it's just reinforced my belief that I shouldn't do that - I hate running things to other peoples timetables!

Aran, mothers are the most productive members of society. After all, you wouldn't be here without one!

S

SUPRsalad

Gardener/landscape designer/horticulturist/master gardener course instructor here,

Yes. I love my work.

anyone need advice for your yard/business? post pictures! (normally consultations run 70 an hour, but for UO players, its free!)

P

Pindershot

I love my job description. Too bad I don't get to do any of that stuff.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aran, mothers are the most productive members of society. After all, you wouldn't be here without one!
It's funny you mention that.

Mine had to be kidnapped and held hostage through the last five months of her pregnancy, as she was attempting to get an abortion.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny you mention that.

Mine had to be kidnapped and held hostage through the last five months of her pregnancy, as she was attempting to get an abortion.

OOooh, poor woman :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gardener/landscape designer/horticulturist/master gardener course instructor here,

Yes. I love my work.

anyone need advice for your yard/business? post pictures! (normally consultations run 70 an hour, but for UO players, its free!)

I am so tempted to throw you a curve ball here. I live in the Outer Hebrides :)

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My last job I hated it. I would have kept it and just moved to another position at my plant but that got changed for me.

Now my current job is about like Aran's mom. Nobody will let me work and if I'm not home my cellphone is ringing like crazy. I'm officially an incubator now!
The broodmare part I can understand!

Nobody told me the time we decide to sit back and enjoy being childless we'd get a two fer one!

B

Belanos/Icicle

absolutely!
I'm a forward observer in the US army's 82nd airborne. I have 100% job security, great pay, opportunities that don't exist in the civilian world, full medical and dental, and free college education, not to mention some hefty bonuses for staying in. (and I get paid extra just for jumping from planes).
People buy video games to experience my job :)

J

JasonOne

I sure as hell can! I love my job a lot. I wake up and cannot wait to get into work! Anyone else as awesome as me?
Surely, I can! I love my job. Choosing a career and landing a job — these are important events in one's life.

While we all need to choose a job, and have been `training' for it since we leave school, not everyone lands a job, which they would love to do. There are a good number of people who feel trapped in careers that they do not enjoy. It is especially frustrating when a person finds himself working in an area, which is at total variance to what he has been trained for. This makes him feel that he has somehow wasted all those years of learning! What is more, he may find himself ill equipped to deal with his job and compete with others in his workplace, as he has actually been trained for something quite different. After all, when you love your job, you do not just have a career, but a passion, and being paid for it is a bonus!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is not supposed to enjoy their job, otherwise we wouldn't have janitors to clean up the **** when someone misses the toilet.

The only way I can see myself enjoying what I do would be if I ran my own business.

A

AtlanticSalesman

I make those 5 dollar footlongs everyone won't stop buying!

Yes.. ima Subway Sandwhich artist and college student =)

I don't hate or love my job, but it's better than some other places or things I could be doing.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can say for the most part i enjoy my job, i mean, im playing uo at work right now.....