• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get Soul Stones to say 'to whom they belong'?

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets just say I lost a Soul Stone and someone else grabbed it, there is no way for that person to find out who it belongs to. I'm sure the ID Num on the SS can identify who it is, can't we have that shown on the SS? or would that be showing the acct name perhaps?

Just bringing this up because I see lost SS's all the time... maybe we can get a vendor to 'purify' the stone so we can use it? :D

Just shooting ideas out there for the thousands upon thousands lost Soul Stones

B

Blackadder

1000's of lost soul stones?
Could they possibly be just stones looted from IDOC'S and dumped by the looter because they have no use or value to them?
Ive only ever seen SS dumped around the bank or left on the ground by an IDOC.
How would you lose such a big colourfull thing anyway?
Just thinking aloud ;-)

M

Mark Knotts

I approve of this. I myself haven't lost any soul stones but a friend let his house idoc awhile ago and lost 2. Not saying they're still out there but you do still see other people's soul stones on vendors for deco. I believe some people on Catskills collect them incase a returning player comes back and is looking for their lost SS. The only thing is that it would have to be one of their character's name -- no one wants their account named displayed on their soulstone. :p

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the idea. i have 3 accounts that share a house. each account's ss's are in separate boxes, but it'd be great to have them named, since sometimes i get them messed up and have to click them with each account to figure out who they belong to :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always thought it would be nice if you hovered over the soulstone and or when you saw those belonging to your account they would highlight orange or something.....

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a good idea. Throw in the fragments as well. I'm real bad about just throwing a fragment in a box and then to figure out what account it belongs too, I have to log into each account and see if it lets me use it.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think that soul stones should be transferable.. if there is a skill on it, it will need to be wiped before it will work with someone elses account..

i dont understand why i cant use a blank bue or green soulstone.. if its a vet one or a fragment, i understand, but not the blue or green ones.

make an extra drop down choice.. wipe stone for use with your account.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They should be made to where they state what character the skill was removed from:

For example, "76.9 Parrying from Gamlin"

That would at least give a clue as to which account it's for, for a person with multiple accounts, and give others an idea of which player they might belong to.

Another will be a craftable tool that will track account bound items (including character-bound items that are owned by or PBD). It will list them, and give their coordinates, as long as they are on the same facet.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a craftable SoulStone Engraving Tool?

You could engrave a message on your stone, like Basara's example, '76.9 Parry from Gamlin'. Since the tool gives you the ability to label them as you like, each player could have a naming scheme they would recognize easily without giving out any account names.

I think the ability to engrave messages and labels could even add another dimension to using old stones and fragments as decorations. :)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You could engrave a message on your stone, like Basara's example, '76.9 Parry from Gamlin'. Since the tool gives you the ability to label them as you like, each player could have a naming scheme they would recognize easily without giving out any account names.

I think the ability to engrave messages and labels could even add another dimension to using old stones and fragments as decorations. :)

this is the best idea i have seen. it solves the problem for owners, and its simple to code for the devs (or at least seems it would be). The only addition i would like to see, however wouldnt be a requirement is that only the owner of the stone should be able to engrave it. this would prevent possible scams and so on.

D

Der Rock

i like the idea. i have 3 accounts that share a house. each account's ss's are in separate boxes, but it'd be great to have them named, since sometimes i get them messed up and have to click them with each account to figure out who they belong to :)
easy fix:
use container engraving tool,each acc. his own container ;)

and for lost soulstones, i would like to see, that if someone click on a soulstone,in a vendor or as deco elsewhere,then if it is his lost soulstone, the player should be able to remove his skill
then he could buy the soulestone back from the new owner. :)

L

Lord Kynd

good idea , would make it a little easier to remember which stone goes to which account :p a little bit anyhow

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as containers go I have 8 accounts each account has it's own chest each chest has bags which I've labeled for each of the characters that are on that account plus there is one other bag in there for the soulstones for that account....

So that kinda solves some of the problem for me. But I really think it would be nice for folk who have come back to the game and "lost" their soulstones if the stones that work for your account would highlight a special color when you hover your mouse over them.

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your idea exceeds mine :scholar:

That is why I love discussing here with sensible people. I vote this idea! Do it devs! :hug:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice idea. Not only do you make regular players happy, but you also give the game another craftable...la

M

MR_CLEAN

I think they should make Soul Stones fully transferable.

And I really like the idea of a Soul Stone ingraving tool!