• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get some answers?

C

Catwoman1966

To be quite honest Niki, it's only really something a Dev can answer for me, regarding AWOL sims.. but I've kinda given up hope now anyway. So I guess I will just have to let it go, but I'm sure you can understand how it feels to be kinda left on hold with no answer or possible explanation.
I kinda know there would be no way to get them back but it woulda just been nice to be told this and not totally blanked.

Cat.

G

I do understand, been there myself. I'm sure they read your message, sometimes no answer means I looked at it and I'll consider your comments. I know the devs get hundreds of messages a day I imagine its hard to answer them all. Dont let that stop you from sending messages other times tho!

G

<blockquote><hr>

To be quite honest Niki, it's only really something a Dev can answer for me, regarding AWOL sims.. but I've kinda given up hope now anyway. So I guess I will just have to let it go, but I'm sure you can understand how it feels to be kinda left on hold with no answer or possible explanation.
I kinda know there would be no way to get them back but it woulda just been nice to be told this and not totally blanked.

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume that it is an answer that a dev only can answer, but maybe it is a common issue that has been discussed here, and maybe the devs answered it then which is why they might not be inclined to repeat the answer, and some of us that remember the answer might be able and willing to help. What's the harm in asking the question to all of us here, it can't make you worse off than you are right now, right? That's *why* we are here for each other....to pick up slack where there aren't enough devs to cover everything, the same as in the Town Hall when 'regulars' answer questions that are asked for the nth time and then get huffy when somebody other than a dev answers, even if the dev backs them up and says 'yes, she's right, that answer is not a rumor, it is true'. Give it a shot and let Nikki, and anybody else that wants to, have a crack at helping you before you just give up and walk away from the game, which from the tone of your posts sounds like you are dangerously close to doing.

C

Catwoman1966

Thank you for answering me guys.

Ahhh I'm not gonna quit the game, I'm really kinda just blowing off some steam yanno. I really felt as though I had to get my feelings off my chest, which I feel better for now lol.
It was just that a sim got accidently deleted and needed to know if there was anyway to get it back, I know there probably isn't but I needed to hear this from a dev before I give up all hope.
It's kinda hard knowing soemthing that was years old on my founder account is probably lost forever, skills and everything.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Cat.

G

Aww thats a bummer.
It is practically impossible to restore a lost sim, a few others have had that happen too. I feel for you.

If you ever have questions you dont want to post you can always PM me I'll do my best to help out.

I

imported_LFancey

Catwoman1966,

Its me huh

I got your message on 3/3 and I sent one back on 3/5.

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you for answering me guys.

Ahhh I'm not gonna quit the game, I'm really kinda just blowing off some steam yanno. I really felt as though I had to get my feelings off my chest, which I feel better for now lol.
It was just that a sim got accidently deleted and needed to know if there was anyway to get it back, I know there probably isn't but I needed to hear this from a dev before I give up all hope.
It's kinda hard knowing soemthing that was years old on my founder account is probably lost forever, skills and everything.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACK! I know what you mean...my BV sims are AWOL also, I've tried all the tricks listed here to get them to show, and nada...asked the question here and didn't see any replies last time I looked, which reminds me, I need to dig it off page 2 and see if somebody did reply after I looked at it the last time. Those sims are even older than my last hiatus since BV sims don't get wiped even when your account lapses, so I'm kinda bummed about the prospect of them being gone too
. If it makes you feel any better, I too have deleted sims that I realize half a beat after I hit the button that it was the wrong one, once after they changed the order that our sims used to appear on the S-A-S screen. Even knew they'd made that change too and still did it......and turned the air not only blue but a couple shades of purple too, I think

G

<blockquote><hr>

I find it interesting that you say the TSO-E boards are more user friendly than Stratics when all you have to do with Stratics is log in and go right to the correct forum..DUH! Couldn't be easier.......TSO-E is very un-user friendly and has been since the start. Give me a blog/wiki as easy as this and I'd be more than happy to participate since this place is only full of cheerleaders anyway. But I refuse to go to a blog/wiki and post when I can't even figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]Well then, I guess that puts you at the mercy of us pom-pom-waving cheerleaders then.

ETA:
I really can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here! Compared to this point of time last year, the level of communication we've been getting has been nothing short of phenomenal! But I guess some people aren't happy unless they get personal treatment from the Dev team. And then, when one of the devs DOES reply back requesting more information, there's no response.

Just to put things into perspective: In the past 24 hours, there were 442 new posts to Sims Stratics. It takes the entire team of moderators here a substantial chunk of the day to read through all of these messages. If the devs have to take time out of the day to read and personally answer each and every one of our posts - then who the hell is staying behind to actually work on the fixes you all are demanding?

There are a few of you here who seriously need to take a step back and re-evaluate your priorities, because your posts are treading dangerously thin ice in terms of sheer mean-spirited rudeness and violating the Rules of Conduct. There is absolutely <u>no</u> reason to allow yourselves to get this worked up over a game.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

Catwoman1966,

Its me huh

I got your message on 3/3 and I sent one back on 3/5.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi hun,

I'm so sorry but I never recieved the message you sent on 3/5

I have replied to you via private message.

Many thanks,

Cat.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I find it interesting that you say the TSO-E boards are more user friendly than Stratics when all you have to do with Stratics is log in and go right to the correct forum..DUH! Couldn't be easier.......TSO-E is very un-user friendly and has been since the start. Give me a blog/wiki as easy as this and I'd be more than happy to participate since this place is only full of cheerleaders anyway. But I refuse to go to a blog/wiki and post when I can't even figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]Well then, I guess that puts you at the mercy of us pom-pom-waving cheerleaders then.

ETA:
I really can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here! Compared to this point of time last year, the level of communication we've been getting has been nothing short of phenomenal! But I guess some people aren't happy unless they get personal treatment from the Dev team. And then, when one of the devs DOES reply back requesting more information, there's no response.

Just to put things into perspective: In the past 24 hours, there were 442 new posts to Sims Stratics. It takes the entire team of moderators here a substantial chunk of the day to read through all of these messages. If the devs have to take time out of the day to read and personally answer each and every one of our posts - then who the hell is staying behind to actually work on the fixes you all are demanding?

There are a few of you here who seriously need to take a step back and re-evaluate your priorities, because your posts are treading dangerously thin ice in terms of sheer mean-spirited rudeness and violating the Rules of Conduct. There is absolutely <u>no</u> reason to allow yourselves to get this worked up over a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont want so many new posts to moderate then ask the devs to remove the mention of this form from the EA-Land website, seeing as there is no other forum for people to try and get any answers, they see stratics mentioned and just assume that this is the place to come...the blog and wiki are too complicated for a lot of people, they just want a simple to use forum such as this to be able to ask a question and expect a reply....

But you wont do that, it doesnt make sense to loose all the traffic here does it ??

Everyday there are new people commenting that they are being ignored, do you see a pattern here ?

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

You might as well forget about voicing your opinion. If you don't kiss EA's *** then you are disposable around here. They don't want anyone in the game that doesn't agree with them. This is what I have found out. I don't know how many time I have gotten PMs that I should leave, and that I'm not wanted here. And most are from the pom pom squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sometimes I don't know why I even bother. They might as well put a sign on the front page saying "Only positive comments and praise welcome here".

And I got one of those PMs yesterday...Funny how when I hit "Reply" I got an error saying that person doesn't accept PM's. I guess some people can dish it out, but can't take it.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps you are getting the blog and the wiki mixed up. They are two completely separate things. While the wiki can be confusing, even an 10 year old could register and post on the blog site.

http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not getting them mixed-up. I know which is which.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you dont want so many new posts to moderate then ask the devs to remove the mention of this form from the EA-Land website, seeing as there is no other forum for people to try and get any answers, they see stratics mentioned and just assume that this is the place to come...the blog and wiki are too complicated for a lot of people, they just want a simple to use forum such as this to be able to ask a question and expect a reply....

But you wont do that, it doesnt make sense to loose all the traffic here does it ??

Everyday there are new people commenting that they are being ignored, do you see a pattern here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the EA-Land website ....where exactly did you find a link to or mention of Stratics?

I see a link to the blog, the wiki, the AvatarBook, even TSR....but no link to Stratics......

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the EA-Land website ....where exactly did you find a link to or mention of Stratics?

I see a link to the blog, the wiki, the AvatarBook, even TSR....but no link to Stratics......

[/ QUOTE ]

here ya go, taken from ea-land.com, and like i said its a mention not a link :

We have already implemented many features designed by the users! The stratics forum community continues to be very active.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have already implemented many features designed by the users! The stratics forum community continues to be very active.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the blog gets linked, mentioned and promoted, repeatedly and we get an off hand comment (not even capitalized!), but you interpret that to mean:

"seeing as there is no other forum for people to try and get any answers, they see stratics mentioned and just assume that this is the place to come."

That is a huge stretch and the lamest excuse I have ever seen, to justify yelling at and badgering the Stratics community.

The forum created by, linked to and posted in, by the Development Team, is the Blog.

Stratics is and always has been a volunteer created, and maintained site. Any other response or help that they (the dev team) offer to posters in this forum is totally an act of graciousness on their part.

But beware of hounding them....they may stop posting here at all....they did for almost 3 years.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the blog gets linked, mentioned and promoted, repeatedly and we get an off hand comment (not even capitalized!), but you interpret that to mean:

"seeing as there is no other forum for people to try and get any answers, they see stratics mentioned and just assume that this is the place to come."

That is a huge stretch and the lamest excuse I have ever seen, to justify yelling at and badgering the Stratics community.

The forum created by, linked to and posted in, by the Development Team, is the Blog.

Stratics is and always has been a volunteer created, and maintained site. Any other response or help that they (the dev team) offer to posters in this forum is totally an act of graciousness on their part.

But beware of hounding them....they may stop posting here at all....they did for almost 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame excuse ?? thats how i found these forums so how is it lame or an excuse ?? , i had never herd of this place until i read about the stratics forums comment on the EA-Land website....

Now whats your next accusation directed at me ?? , and please show me yelling or abssuing done by me

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]You're missing the point. The mods here have a job to do - reviewing all new posts is part of that job. It's not the developer's job to review any of the threads here or to even post here - they have an official venue for that. My point was, if you place the requirements onto the devs that they review and personally reply to every post here, there will be nobody left to actually work on the game.

And, before anyone tries to go there again: The Stratics Staff, which includes the mods, do NOT work for EA.