• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get another access level in houses?

• Thread starter Demon Killer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Do you want one more access level with houses?

• Total voters
D

Demon Killer

ok having owner only access. co-owner access, friend access. guild member access if there is that access level i dont know because i am not in am not in a guild and access to anyone which is good but i really believe we can use just one more level of access like perhaps family, or aquantances, or renter or something else.
  • the problem is that you can only co-own up to 10 players per house at this time and i have 3 accounts so 4 of my characters have to be friended and my main house is a 18x18 vendor house too and i have to leave my chest open to friends only so all my characters can access the chest well i have friends yes but i don't trust them enough to give them access to my chest i tried that before and was robbed that way from a friend.
i am also not in a guild so i want friends comming in but not strangers but like i say i dont want my friends having access to my chest. and one other problem you can only be co-owned to one house per character which should be changed i believe when these rules where made players with multiple accounts werent considered at the time so i hope this changes

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HUmm

You can grant access to many many people without making them freinds or anything.

I do like the Idea of co owner to more than one house thow

D

Demon Killer

HUmm

You can grant access to many many people without making them freinds or anything.

I do like the Idea of co owner to more than one house thow
well like i say i dont want strangers comming in but i want my friends comming in with out access to my chest of course my 18x18 is in malas no not a luna house i wish its in an isolated area my other two i houses are keeps one is in a swamp so i need to keep that private dont want monsters comming in my other keep is in an isolated area but reapers spawn there so i i keep that private too all my chest in all 3 houses are friends only because of the cuurrent rules and limits so perhaps you can understand why i want this if only keeps or castles could be costumized and vendor houses could be private that would help too.

H

Harb

I'm a "no but..." guy, it adds a level of height to already obscurred terrain (or goes subterrainean, which back in the day was taboo supposedly due to coding) and further reduces value/ "goal" of castles/ keeps. I don't believe our environment should be restrictive unless infringing on others (such as height), but think I concur with what may be your goal of expanding housing capability. It's actually a good time to talk this through, Mythic put out "feelers" during the last town hall regarding housing in new SA lands. I'm all for that, and would like for everyone to be able to attain a larger house should they desire. My recommendation would be for castles/ keeps to be customizable where possible, including new ones in new lands. In effect, you could "creep up" to 18x18 incrementally, then jump to 24x24 or 31x31 space permitting.

D

Demon Killer

i just want to add my keeps are really for storage mostly so i am hardly at my keeps i am almost always at my 18x18 when i am not hunting so my friends always look for me at my 18x18. if keeps where costumizeable i would make one my main house instead.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot of games have a security section for "guild" too which would be nice.

R

RenaLynne

Current system seems ok to me. RL friends are friended, UO friends are accessed. House is private. Works for me...

D

Demon Killer

Current system seems ok to me. RL friends are friended, UO friends are accessed. House is private. Works for me...
well like i say i have two keeps and a 18x18 if you put vendors in a keep once you open the door anyone can just run in your house because you cant costumize a keep or add teleporters or extra doors or walls plus my keeps are in dangerous areas so it wouldnt be safe or prophitable to put vendors in my keeps my 18x18 however is in a safe non spawn area so i made extra doors and lots of teleporters but i cant friend my friends and only i can enter it now because all my chest are friended and i dont want strangers in but i want my friends in like i say so thats my delema.

D

Demon Killer

oh and keep in mind all vendor houses have to be open to the public so you cant have a vendor house that is private too as the rules are as of now.

C

Connor_Graham

i have friends yes but i don't trust them enough to give them access to my chest i tried that before and was robbed that way from a friend.
A friend that would steal from you isn't a friend.

They're called Con Artists.

And...IMO, they should be hung upside down by their short hairs, then neutered with a rusty soup spoon, after which they should be tied naked to a tree and introduced to a hungry calf.

:gun:

D

Demon Killer

A friend that would steal from you isn't a friend.

They're called Con Artists.

And...IMO, they should be hung upside down by their short hairs, then neutered with a rusty soup spoon, after which they should be tied naked to a tree and introduced to a hungry calf.

:gun:
i am not friends with that guy anymore but after that happened i guess you can say i have become a bit paranoid as the saying goes dont trust anyone none of my real life friends or family members play uo so i am not that trusting anymore after what happened to me.

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

The only change that I would dearly love to access is ........

Access All Areas, level 1 - Interior Decorator :D

The person granted this level of access will have total control over the house and house design (including customisation)

Many times I have been asked to help decorate houses, however, for some of the more detailed displays you need home owner type access level - too difficult to otherwise. Would be much easier if your decorator could be granted TOTAL access to all aspects of house design that is required.

Thanks Mezzac

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not house security as much as container security, but there is an issue with containers set to guild access - regardless of the character that secures/locks them down, it is only the guild of the NAMED house owner that can access the contents. So if my THB character locks down something in my house owned by my MHC character, only MHC characters can access the box - including making it to where I can't access it with house owners in the wrong guild, at least in my previous experience.

house security and container security both need an overhaul.

1. Co-owners should be 10 accounts, not 10 characters - if you co-own a house to someone, what difference will it make which character has access?

2. Add Alliance members to container/door access

3. A higher level of security should ALWAYS override a lower one.

"Friends" can use things with "friends" or Anyone" access
"Alliance Members" would be able to access the same as friends, plus "alliance member" secures
"Guild members" can access those, plus "Guild members" access
"Co-owners" would be able to access all the secures not set specifically to "Owner only". This would mean that a co-owner could access "guild-only" secures, even if not in that specific guild.
characters with "Owner only" access should be able to open anything in the house, even if not in the right alliance or guild.

4. The decorator access idea has merit, but if implemented, it could only be implemented on a house with ZERO items in secure containers at the start of the project, and decorator access expires in 24 hours if not cancelled sooner. Secure can be added during the decoration - but just can't be present when the access given (this would prevent a scammer from cleaning out a house of more than a few lockdowns). A home owner, after all, can safely put away 1500-2100 items easily in character packs, banks and beetles (theoretically as high as 2800, with 7 characters and increased bank storage) on the non-SP-ruleset shards, and the character kept out to supervise the decorating of their home could have another 250 (2 packies) to go with the beetle, or forgo the beetle for 5 packies (500 more than just a beetle). Add to that possible co-ownerships and other accounts' houses, and the possibility of a decaying house the new one is replacing (keep all the stuff not being used to deco there - it will be there for a few days, anyway), and there is no reason, other than on SP & mugen, to have anything in the house at the start of a deco project.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am not friends with that guy anymore but after that happened i guess you can say i have become a bit paranoid as the saying goes dont trust anyone none of my real life friends or family members play uo so i am not that trusting anymore after what happened to me.
Arrrrr, paranoia be da spice o' life!

F

feath

Demon Killer, generally I'm not a nit picker with posters ability to use the English language, BUT...

Periods are your friend. Embrace them. I couldn't read a single one of your entries because my brain shut down after the second or third subject in a paragraph long 'sentence'.

Sorry! Back to the thread topic...

D

Dungeon Explorer

Demon Killer, generally I'm not a nit picker with posters ability to use the English language, BUT...

Periods are your friend. Embrace them. I couldn't read a single one of your entries because my brain shut down after the second or third subject in a paragraph long 'sentence'.

Sorry! Back to the thread topic...
maybe you need glasses i can read what he wrote just fine and i agree with him completely.

G

Gwendar-SP

One thing that really needs to be addressed is managing the access list.

In 2d once the list reaches a certain length one can't remove folks from the end of the list.

KR is worse in a way since one can't even see folks at the end of the list.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've said for years that the housing "ownership" system is in dire need of an upgrade.

With 8 accounts I pretty much don't have friends... Or at least my Real friends in game have NO access to my homes. Hard to give them access unless I don't ever store anything in my house.. kinda ruins the point of having one...

Fixing it so you can have more co-owners is only half the battle Since I can only be Co-owned to one house that sort of defeats the addition of co-owners even if they did finally let you have more....

There are only a few things that could "fix" this situation... one would be to allow you to be co-owned to more than one house.... and allow as many co-owners as friends.....

Another would be to have more choices for access... I like the idea of the access being all encompassing and the higher you go up the list the more access you have... I definitely agree that Friends and Co-owners should have access to anything set to guild.... I like the alliance idea as well

As far as a house deco idea.... I think what would help would be to have a "home decorator access" But this access I think you would set your house to a special mode in the custom window.... this would act much like custom "used to" and all the stuff would go into the "moving crate" ...... anything you want the "Designer" to have access to you would have to move from the moving crate to a special "deco" crate..... then if you could "target" a designer that person would be able to design with the custom menu.... and access anything in the "deco" crate... I think the house owner would then be able to "end" this contract at any time.... How I'm not so sure but I think it wouldn't be that difficult to come up with..... So anyway that's just an idea.... As it is now folk need to be Extremely trusting to have someone else deco and design their home. Since that is one of my true loves in-game I think it would be a very nice addition...

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you want one more access level with houses?
I'm not sure why a Yes or No question requires 8 poll options, but I guess you paid so you can have it your way.

Seriously though, I think any group of people who are paying for enough accounts to care about this kind of thing deserves probably deserves some attention from EA.

L

Lore Master

I'm not sure why a Yes or No question requires 8 poll options, but I guess you paid so you can have it your way.

Seriously though, I think any group of people who are paying for enough accounts to care about this kind of thing deserves probably deserves some attention from EA.
i think the guy was trying to get every possibility in his poll so there is no uncertainy. instead of leaving any possablity out i think he did a great job. personally i love the idea i voted yes to all of the above. i have wanted this for years myself.

M

Mr Fix It

I absolutely agree with you Demon Killer. i have 4 accounts so to me this is must needed. i voted yes to all of the above.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know someone mentioned it, but it didnt seem like you fully understand the "grant access" function via you house sign. Someone who has "access" vs. being "friended" cannot log out safely in your home (5 min timeout) and they only have access to boxes or chests set to "anyone" or "guild" (assuming they are in your guild and their guild level is "member" or higher, "ronin" doesnt work).

Also, someone who is "accessed" cannot access someone else, while someone who is friended can.

Because of the dificulty of having 3 houses on 3 accounts, my Friends list on my keep consists ONLY of mine and hubby's characters from other accounts. All friends are only accessed, and only have access to my runebooks (the only thing in my house that is set to "anyone")

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Grant Access is only on your house as a function if you keep your house private... When you make your house public like all mine are EVERYONE has access to your home so there is no reason to Grant Access.... as everyone is allowed in.

However it would be nice if they could not only come in but log out safely and quickly there... as they can if they are friends... which is sad cause I can't have any friends at my homes because that's the access that I have to assign to all my own characters.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

It's probably worth pointing out....

you can actually have as many co-owners and friends as you like in KR!!!

However, it's currently bugged such that you can only amend the co-owner/friend list if your house is private!

So, useful if you've got KR and not in a vendor house!

Don't see why they can't just allow you to add as many as you like in 2D.

Oh, and I think the restriction of Co-ownership to only one house is also mysteriously lifted in KR too!!

:)