• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can this suit be made?

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking to make a suit - 100 % LRC, max LMC, 70 resist with Mage property on all items

Is this even possible? Is there anything that I should put on first?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're doing no artifacts and just want 6 pieces not made out of leather?

Option 1. The most expensive way to do this would be to craft pieces out of normal wood, POF as desired, imbue LMC, resists, and LRC, and then enhance with Heartwood hoping for the Mage Armor property. You'll want to use the forged runic tool charges to prevent breakages, but will have to spend a lot to get what you want.
Option 2. A cheaper option is to craft exceptional samurai plate armor out of normal iron. It will start with Mage Armor property and cost you 140 of your 500 intensity possible through imbuing. POF it up, imbue LMC, resists, LRC, and then enhance with the appropriate metal. I suggest forged metal tool charges again...but this time you would only need 6.

When imbuing, do the properties requiring relic frags first, enchanted essence next, and magical residue last.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Looking to make a suit - 100 % LRC, max LMC, 70 resist with Mage property on all items

Is this even possible? Is there anything that I should put on first?
Can you explain why you want to make this? It seems to me you would have a more powerful suit by just crafting with leather and freeing up the imbuing intensity taken by Mage armor.

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a bard that I am working up but he seems to run out of mana al the time when I am battling some of the mobs - and I cant use meditation consistently. if there is another work around I be open to hearing some suggestions

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Frodo - part of your PASSIVE med (where you gain back mana without actively meditating) is influenced by non-med armor - especially if playing a human (where you get the effects of 20 med even at 0 real skill).

BTW, I'm currently running a suit on my mage that is near-70s (would be all 70s if I had a reforging tool to enhance my shield) that's overcapped on a lot of stuff. 110% LRC, 40% LMC even without my scrappers, FC2/FCR6 without the scrappers, MR 17, 43% SDI (68% with scrappers), +25 INT, +8 MI. It's a mix of low-end (1-5 million gold) artifacts, reforged stuff, imbued stuff, etc. It even has the Pendant of the Magi (0 resists) instead of a gorget.

Doing something similar for a warrior type, substituting other properties for the LRC and using a gorget, should be easy.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo, what shard do you play on? This is a very helpful community that I am sure could assist you, even in game.

In the meantime, I think most would say that what you are looking for is a leather suit (no need for mage armor property) with 70's resists, 100% LRC, 40 LMC, 10+ MR, FC 2, FCR 6, and the rest in whatever else you need tailored to your style (i.e. Hit Point Regen, Int/Mana, skills, spell damage increase, etc.). Depending on the "extras", you could mix in some artifacts. However, generally speaking, artifacts aren't as critical for PvM bards/mages/tamers as they are for warriors. At least, that's my experience.