• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Can someone explain the various Damage Eater mods, please?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been saving up Neo-Covetous loot to build a suit that has the following mods:

70/70/70/70/75
Soul 30%
Reflect paralysis
Damage Eater - 15%
Kinetic Eat - 15%
Cold eat 15%
Fire eat 15%
Poison eat 15%
Energy eat 15%
DCI 45%

I know that the 6 different "eats" don't stack but my reasoning is that any type of attack directed to me will trigger one of the Eats - correct? I live in Covetous 3rd Floor area, trying to get the different slayer glaives (so far Terathan and Snake) and each critter in the various spawns seem to have a different primary damage attack, so I cannot make a "target specific" suit like I usually do.

Should I just stick with Damage Eat 15% and Soul 30% on shield, or continue collecting 15% eat parts? Taking up some serious storage space, and I can always unravel most pieces for relic frags...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage Eater covers all of the resistances - so if you have 15% Damage Eater and 15% Cold Eater for example then they both do the same thing. The difference is that specific Eaters are capped at 30%, whereas Damage Eater is only capped at 18%, so if you have over 18% in a specific Eater it will heal you for more.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage Eater covers all of the resistances - so if you have 15% Damage Eater and 15% Cold Eater for example then they both do the same thing. The difference is that specific Eaters are capped at 30%, whereas Damage Eater is only capped at 18%, so if you have over 18% in a specific Eater it will heal you for more.
OMG - I thought only Soul was capped at 30% and all else was 15% - wow, so now I need 30% in the 5 standard damage type eats to make my "Good Eats" suit:( That will be rough ...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's possible to get 15% Eater just from a Spined runic kit, and as far as I know (only tried Fire) 15% is only 90 Imbuing weight so it's not too hard to work it into a suit somewhere :)