• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can I keep these armors?

B

blust3

I was wandering in Luna in late hour and found 14 armor pieces stacked at one spot. It is clear all these pieces are made from valorite runics. Some have over 85 resistances with mod! The best one is a 22/21/10/23/9 in resistances with 19% LRC and Stamina Increase 8. It is far better than any piece I ever had and could be worth at least 5m at Luna vendor. Actually all 14 pieces I picked up at that spot could be sold at very high price.

My question is why they are on the ground. Do EA delete someone's account and leave these armor pieces? Is it safe for me to keep them? Thanks for your inputs.

S

Satanatra

If a GM were deleting an account over duped items (or armor made from duped items), they would also delete the armor. They certainly wouldnt live it on the ground.

Mostly likely someone either dropped it on the ground, or perhaps a beetle/packhorse being used to transport stuff went wild/died and the stuff it was carrying dropped onto the ground.

It is certainly safe to keep that armor - thats my opinion anyway.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, anything on da ground be fair game!! It sounds ta me like someone were craftin' at that spot and hit their weight limit, at which point the items start to stack on the ground (and can cause much lag)!

B

blust3

Arrrrr, anything on da ground be fair game!! It sounds ta me like someone were craftin' at that spot and hit their weight limit, at which point the items start to stack on the ground (and can cause much lag)!
They were on Luna bank upstairs. Not a spot a smith can craft armors.

H

hashman21

They were on Luna bank upstairs. Not a spot a smith can craft armors.
if they were at luna bank near the anhk (above the anvil/forge), then a smith can still craft armor there. Not sure why it works or what kind of sense it makes, but if you're 2 or 3 floors above or below a forge and anvil, you can still craft on them.

K

Kiminality

People often drop runic armours that don't meet their standards.

W

Wilde1

looks like its your lucky day! I'd keep it, if its on the ground, its fair game

B

blust3

if they were at luna bank near the anhk (above the anvil/forge), then a smith can still craft armor there. Not sure why it works or what kind of sense it makes, but if you're 2 or 3 floors above or below a forge and anvil, you can still craft on them.

Hehe. It is exactly the spot near the anhk above the forge. Mystery solved. Some super rich guy just wanted exactly what he is looking for. So he dropped anything else.

C

Connor_Graham

If you're on Pac and want to sell any of that armor, like that LRC piece, send me a PM.

R

Rix/\

I remember a player that all he did was run around picking up others junk they through on ground. He's got billions now worth of old school rares.

C

Corrupted Goblin

If it was found on the ground its fair game they can not ban you for something you picked up off of the ground. All they could do is delete the items at a later date.

T

T_Amon_from_work

nice armor find! if it's on the ground it's fair game for anyone getting it. You took it and I hope you make good use of it!

R

RavenWinterHawk

There are still tons of runic hammers of verite and valorite. Always on sale.

There are so many people toss out the crap they dont want.

Just happens crap now-a-days is yesterdays uber.

Enjoy.

They want mana regen on most stuff. So lots gets dumped.

U

UOKaiser

Indeed I pick up anything i deemed usable or sellable I love those litterers.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was found on the ground its fair game they can not ban you for something you picked up off of the ground.
That’s not true. You could very well be banned for possessing any number of illegal items, regardless of where you got them from.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, people say funny things.

Ok, if the armor was all in one spot at the same height, then someone was crafting and hit the weight limit and they all stacked on the ground like that. Which means they probably had more than one hammer, since you'd think they would notice that kind of thing unless they were crafting a lot, but thats' neither here nor there.

If they were stacked up like someone placed them there then someone was probably trying to make a specific piece and just dumped what they didn't need for whatever reason.

You *can* get banned for picking up something off the ground, if it's an item that is illegal to own. AFAIK right now there are no illegal crafted armor pieces, except possible some of the old bugged ML armors that gave tons of resists, and I believe those get deleted on sight, not sure what happens to the account.

So you are probably safe keeping the armor, since I doubt it is possible to track armor crafted from duped runics (if this is what that is).

BTW that banner add with the girl grabbing the guys nipple is very distracting, so I'm ending this post now in hopes I'll get a different add when I hit reply. Here goes!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh anything on the ground belongs to me!

R

Rix/\

That’s not true. You could very well be banned for possessing any number of illegal items, regardless of where you got them from.
sorry but thats just stupid, no offense. You must be mislead by something.

first off he's talking about armor someone made and left on ground, to my knowledge crafted armor wasn't duped.

Say now if it was an item that is well known tobe a possible dupe, when in doubt page GM. I advise taking screen shots of you paging a GM explaining you found something and you want to make sure it's a legal item. Now depending on if the GM actually checks it for you or not is why I say take screen shots to cover your butt. Say he blows it off and tells you you keep what you find. You have that on record in case another GM comes alongs and wants to slap the ban on you without wanting to hear any excuses.

I would think a GM would be understanding in this type of matter and if the item was illegal then they would delete the item and thank you for bringing it to their attention.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry but thats just stupid, no offense.
OK, so that how it works? You can insult people (or what they say) and just put "no offense" at the end and it's all good? LOL

Sure the discussion was about armor found on the ground, but the person I quoted was making a blanket statement that anything found on the ground cannot get you banned. And that is simply not true. If you feel otherwise, it makes you a freaking idiot.... no offense.

R

Rix/\

OK, so that how it works? You can insult people (or what they say) and just put "no offense" at the end and it's all good? LOL

Sure the discussion was about armor found on the ground, but the person I quoted was making a blanket statement that anything found on the ground cannot get you banned. And that is simply not true. If you feel otherwise, it makes you a freaking idiot.... no offense.
I'm sorry

I'm refering to the possibility of being banned for picking something up off the ground. Now that is stupid. If it is true then UO has a problem. I don't believe it is and like I said I think your being mislead to believe that.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm refering to the possibility of being banned for picking something up off the ground. Now that is stupid. If it is true then UO has a problem. I don't believe it is and like I said I think your being mislead to believe that.
If it weren't true, people could simply start up a new account, dupe stuff, drop it in a secluded area, pick it up with their main account, and never have to worry about losing their main account.
It would be a ridiculously huge loop-hole for dupers to prevent themselves from getting banned.

If you find something on the ground, and think it's suspicious - page a GM about it.

R

Radun

:scholar:Unless I'm mistaken, armor that comes from an illegal duped hammer is just as illegal as the hammer that makes it.. or at least it should be, if you think about it logically. After all, the ONLY reason for a hammer to be duped, is so you can craft with it.
Having said all that, I'm not sure GMs or even the dev team are currently able to distinguish between armor that came from a legit hammer, and armor that came from a dupe hammer.... If my sources are correct, they don't even know how to tell the difference between a legit hammer and a dupe hammer, because the hammers themselves weren't duped, but rather the BODs that give them were duped.

The chance of those armor pieces ending up on the ground if they came from a legit source is very small... The crafter would have needed to be crafting many multiple hammers worth of armor before they end up falling from his pack. If he was purposely tossing such valuable items from his pack, it means that he tossed 14 out of the 15 pieces that one hammer can make.... so wastefully that it should really make you think. The pieces tossed are clearly not junk, they're actually very valuable. The only reason (that comes to mind) why such high-end items would be considered junk by the crafter is if he knew they came from a dupe, thus making them worthless.
The chance that they even came from a legit hammer in the current atmosphere of rampant duping, and the widespread availability of duped val hammers, is infinitessimal.
anyone who thinks otherwise is a doo-doo-head.... offense intended.

R

Rix/\

If it weren't true, people could simply start up a new account, dupe stuff, drop it in a secluded area, pick it up with their main account, and never have to worry about losing their main account.
It would be a ridiculously huge loop-hole for dupers to prevent themselves from getting banned.

If you find something on the ground, and think it's suspicious - page a GM about it.
Did you read the post I made before that advising when in doubt page GM. So now the GM gets 500 pages about every item picked up of the ground?

One more thing a UO player has to worry about, not only can your account be hacked or you can be scammed trading in game due to poor game mechs or have insured items droped in pvp but now you can't even pick up items left on ground for fear of being banned.
I don't see a GM tolerating being paged every 5 mins when someone find a piece of armor on the ground. Banning them for ASSUMING they are trying to pass off a dupe without proff just is going to drive off more players.

I want to enjoy the game not run around in fear if I buy/or pick the wrong item I'll be banned. If there are still illegal items in game remove them before you make an exspansion allowing these illegal items tobe carried over.

R

Rix/\

:scholar:Unless I'm mistaken, armor that comes from an illegal duped hammer is just as illegal as the hammer that makes it.. or at least it should be, if you think about it logically. After all, the ONLY reason for a hammer to be duped, is so you can craft with it.
Having said all that, I'm not sure GMs or even the dev team are currently able to distinguish between armor that came from a legit hammer, and armor that came from a dupe hammer.... If my sources are correct, they don't even know how to tell the difference between a legit hammer and a dupe hammer, because the hammers themselves weren't duped, but rather the BODs that give them were duped.

The chance of those armor pieces ending up on the ground if they came from a legit source is very small... The crafter would have needed to be crafting many multiple hammers worth of armor before they end up falling from his pack. If he was purposely tossing such valuable items from his pack, it means that he tossed 14 out of the 15 pieces that one hammer can make.... so wastefully that it should really make you think. The pieces tossed are clearly not junk, they're actually very valuable. The only reason (that comes to mind) why such high-end items would be considered junk by the crafter is if he knew they came from a dupe, thus making them worthless.
The chance that they even came from a legit hammer in the current atmosphere of rampant duping, and the widespread availability of duped val hammers, is infinitessimal.
anyone who thinks otherwise is a doo-doo-head.... offense intended.

then just do a clean whipe deleteing all items start from scratch, if there are 12 hammers making 15 items each thats alot of illegal items you have to sort out. Why continue playing in fear you might have an illegal item without knowing.

R

Radun

Why continue playing in fear you might have an illegal item without knowing.
well... the worst that can happen is they ban you and you can never play again... closing your own account also means that you can't play anyways... you wouldn't actually be 'getting around' the punishment by 'not playing'... 'not playing' is the punishment.
And having your account inactive isn't going to stop it from being banned if it turns out there was something illegal about it. It just wouldn't matter that it was banned, because you already were never going to play again.

P.S. to put it into simpler terms....
IF
it turns out you had something illegal (without knowing), and you end up banned, you're in the exact same position as if you closed your own account and never played again (and your account ends up banned anyways). You're actually even a little better off, because you at least got to continue playing for a little while longer.
I shouldn't have to explain how you're worse off cancelling your account if it turns out you had nothing illegal... maybe I do... but I'm not going to.

P.P.S.:D
The fact that you know that the vast majority of a particular type of item is illegal (val hammers are supposed to be so rare that you'd probably never see more than one at a time, yet there's a place in game that I know you can see at least 16 of them right now - so we know they're being heavily duped), does basically mean that acquiring anything of that item type (without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was the legit one - get it yourself), is a 'bad faith' acquisition. If you know there's next to no chance of it being legit, even if there's a very slim chance it could be legit, you're better off not buying/taking the item.
To the original poster: I would trash them... If you page a GM to deal with an illegal item in your possession, they still take note of it, and it can have an effect on future cases... for example: Instead of a warning, you get suspended... Instead of a suspension, you get banned... etc

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW that banner add with the girl grabbing the guys nipple is very distracting, so I'm ending this post now in hopes I'll get a different add when I hit reply. Here goes!
thanks, scrolled all the way back up to see what you were talkin' about before I remembered I don't see those things

:D

S

Starla

That was a really neat piece of armor. Most likely the player was over his backpack limit and the crafted items fall out the pack.

C

Corrupted Goblin

No you cant you must have direct contact with either a vendor purchase or a trade window in order to be banned for it. Anything found on the ground is fair game. I wont go into the specifics as to why i know this. just trust i am not leading you astray or dont i really dont care.

Person who got the armor enjoy

H

HiroProtagonist

Heh, people say funny things.
Yes, they certainly do........

I would have never guessed Sarsmi would be discussing nipples in UHall. :p

R

Radun

Anything found on the ground is fair game.
If you're caught with an illegal item it doesn't matter where you got it from.. all that matters is that it's illegal.
When the GM told you 'anything on the ground is fair game', they mean that you can pick up anything that's not locked down and if someone says "hey that's mine, give that back", you don't have to give it to them.
The OP isn't asking "Hey can I keep these, or do I have to give them back?", he's asking "Hey can I keep these, or are they illegal?".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like you made a good find. Congrats!

M

Mitzlplik_SP

LOL 4gregu

I got a kick outa yer sig,made me LOL IRL. Good work =).