• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Anyone Tell Me The Rewards from The Elf/Christmas tree

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and from the amount she gave in points for a quiet shard, she had like a 99% chance of a gift! But there are more rounds and you can enter multiple characters from the same account for gifts.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and from the amount she gave in points for a quiet shard, she had like a 99% chance of a gift! But there are more rounds and you can enter multiple characters from the same account for gifts.
doesn't even have to be from same account. I turned in bods with many of my chars on different accounts and they all got gifts.

jackie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Awards
FYI if you donated to a tree you should double click the gift Bag on the ground near the elt, then a gift box will appear in your back pack which then you will have to double click that to gt your reward gift and the box with your name on it

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should really look at siege and if there is a way of making it easier to obtain the gifts by donating bods they should do it.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happened to anyone else? Did one account on LS this morning . Got the red faces on a character who is notable. Put the drama face sculpture in a secure on the floor with other gifts in Clicked faces so they were flashing red inside the box. Did rest of same account. I am one million bazillion sure i did this account. Logged back later to see faces. They are gone. All other items in that box are still there.

ALL characters on that account had no gift boxes in packs. All. I went back to elf and got new ones on all of them. What happened? LS did not revert. This was not anywhere near server up time. This was the only gift I liked alot. Gah! What happened?

Forgot this, some players think there is a raffle with the tree and one person gets a grand prize Thought raffle was if tree wasn't done. I see that didn't work on Origin. Larissa turned in bods and got nothing????

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege only made it to a little small green tree, we tried hard to get to next stage, but failed. I used lots of hours and lots of ingots, think i may have turned in 300+ exp weapon bods and some tailoring exp cloth bods too only to get one lantern.
The box is nice, no idea how the others looks. It is sad a lot did not get anything just because we could not finish that tree.

upload_2016-12-4_18-30-36.png

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shard 2 and shard 3 ..all 5 chars got gifts they and LS and Chezzy......5 chars handed n 2 some 3 tailor 125 point bods....looks like u need the tailor bods at 100+....THE shards i dropped like 10 point smith bods failed... so go tailor and u will be rewarded i guesss

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I believe this is how the system works:

1) If your shard gets to stage 5 (star on top of tree) before the big bag appears. Everyone one who has participated will receive a gift regardless of the amount
of points you accumulated.

2) If your tree only grows to stags 2 through 4 then its determined partly by luck but mostly but the amount of points you have accumulated,

3) I tested this out by having characters donating colored smith bods and accumulated over 5000 points each and they all received gifts. I had a number
of characters donate like 10 each of the small tailor bods totaling around 300 points each and only like 10% of those received a gift.

4) Bear in mind on each shard the amount of participates will vary and also the median level of points will also vary as well for receiving gifts.

5) If you did not have time to participate on the first round there will be many more rounds through the month of December to receive your gift before
the event is over.

6) My question that I have is if your character received a gift already, can you receive more gifts when the tree moves to a new town or are you done and no
longer be contributing bods, unless you are trying to help your shard have a fully grown tree.
that would make sense for europa.. did the europa tree not mature to the star stage???i got gifts on other shards with 2-3 tailor bods

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have 6 characters on one account it is possible to receive 6 gifts get those bods ready for the next round :)
yes if u have 5 -6 or 7 chars u can get 5-6 or 7 boxes but go for 200+ points...my experance only.... iam told if the tree matures to star all get gifts... alas smaller shards like europa this wont happen it seems...if it doesnt reach the final stage then iam told its highest bod givers only???

my expieance first 3 shards
europa - 5 chars ...zilch using 3 x 10 smith point bods
LS 5 chars 5 boxes..using 2x 125 tailor point bods
Chez 5 chars 5 boxes using 2 x 125 tailor point bods

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another observation.... europa chez shards havent gone to the next town.. u cant hand bods in... the criers still say britain ...but the likes of LS have moved to jhelom

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and @Larisa i cant give u a origin bag and gifty .....i can give u another shard box and gift ..... alas it wont say larisa on the box..... but the offers there...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
and @Larisa i cant give u a origin bag and gifty .....i can give u another shard box and gift ..... alas it wont say larisa on the box..... but the offers there...
Aw thanks THP! you rock! I do have a home (Well shared home) On Legends and I have a ton of stuff on LS so either of those 2 if you have...

Also to whoever is being MY Christmas Elf, thank you!

MyElf.jpg

I got a BOD elf leaving me gifts! :heart:

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw thanks THP! you rock! I do have a home (Well shared home) On Legends and I have a ton of stuff on LS so either of those 2 if you have...

Also to whoever is being MY Christmas Elf, thank you!

View attachment 58089

I got a BOD elf leaving me gifts! :heart:
I know a wonderful woman from Baja who was transferring over to Origin to drop off completed BODs for you. I wonder if that's her work? I wouldn't put it past her because she's quite the treasure.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i was a gm in game ....i would have made it for shard to make all 9 towns recieveves the tier 5 .. yes it would be atlantic

but t would it more intersting,,,,, most shards wont botther when a tree disapears after the hard work.. the tree should stay for all xmas... DOING THE THE 9 cities should have been th incendivite but quicker.. very good in cprinciple.. als the quiwt shards need the handicap...lesser

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I know a wonderful woman from Baja who was transferring over to Origin to drop off completed BODs for you. I wonder if that's her work? I wouldn't put it past her because she's quite the treasure.
Aw :heart: I am using all of my free time filling BODs...am I crazy? YES!

Thank you Gidge for all of the gifts! And to whoever else is giving me pressies, thank you! I will return the favor when the need arises :heart:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thank you Gidge for all of the gifts! And to whoever else is giving me pressies, thank you! I will return the favor when the need arises :heart:
You are very welcome! Keep the love alive! :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is Origin your main shard and is that the shard where that house near Luna is located?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If anyone is selling any of the rewards on Atlantic, please let me know.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is Origin your main shard and is that the shard where that house near Luna is located?
Yes and yes! I have been on Origin since the day it was created and won't ever ever leave :)

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
On Baja we were able to get the Stage 4 - Ornaments. Thanks to the efforts of some very dedicated players.

I will post a picture later.

WildStar

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pacific didn't get the star, only to stage 4... and I got a pillow for my efforts.
So am collecting BODs like crazy.... will see how goes with the next tree...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would have been cool if the trees stopped in each town...and the shard needed to make all 9 trees.....

with a lesser bod count of course!!! scaled for smaller shards too

would have been way cooler if each town city had a tree....than just erase the tree and move to another random town.....after all the hard work.....doh...maybe next year

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i mean scaling events for smaller shards is pretty easy for the devs to do methinks ... they will know numbers of players... jeeepers i can have a educated guess as shard numbers.....nfact the first tree gives an immediate indication of shard activity

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Something like balance the need for bod points vs the number of chars turning in bods. So a shard as Atlantics would need more points for each stage than smaller shards, Sure that would also mean more gifts would drop on Atlantic but they do have a lot more bods turned in too.

It would work like a triangle (Christmas tree) the wider the base, the more bods to build it up.

I would like all shards to be able to finish the tree, it's not fair players on small shards have to put many times more time and resources each than players on the large shards.

@Kyronix can we get a fix before next town so us on small shards like Siege also can enjoy this event. I hear players on other shards use more chars on an account to get advance and more rewards from a finish tree. we only have one char on an account. That too do give us a disadvantage

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We got to level 2 (small bare tree, as opposed to the Charlie Brown tree) on Lake Austin.

One of my characters turned in about 200 cloth small BODs (mostly normal, but a few exceptionals) already filled I got from an IDOC, plus a few LBODs

I turned in about 3000 points of cloth LBODs on another character.

Both got rewards.

I really hope that they based this on points, instead of the fame, that the BODs give, because 10 & 15 count normal BODs of base materials are ZERO fame.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If it is points, is it the turn in points or the banked pints that it goes on? Is it worth the effort of doing LBODs, or just throw in the small?

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay I'll save my LBODs then for my own use, and stick to small BODs. I thought some people said they were turning in LBODs though. Seems like a waste.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I'll save my LBODs then for my own use, and stick to small BODs. I thought some people said they were turning in LBODs though. Seems like a waste.
4 part Cloth LBODs and the weapons LBODs are probably what they are using, if not then they are VERY DEDICATED to growing the tree.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They were on LA. To get their tree to level two, three of the crafters, Weegie, Geran, and Mora, worked together to bribe and fill two large excellent 20 piece val plate armor bods. All three said they won't do that again. From what I heard only 6 crafters worked on the bods. Pretty discourage bunch. They told me they didn't do it for the rewards, just wanted to see the tree fully grown. :(

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
4 part Cloth LBODs and the weapons LBODs are probably what they are using, if not then they are VERY DEDICATED to growing the tree.
Well, my 6 part 20 ex weapon LBOD is worth 550 points. If I turned in the 6 small BODs separately at 250 each that adds up to 1,500 pts. LBOD totally not worth doing. On the other hand LBOD bank points are 110, but turning each small BOD would only net a grand total of 30 points. LBOD totally worth doing in that case.

They were on LA. To get their tree to level two, three of the crafters, Weegie, Geran, and Mora, worked together to bribe and fill two large excellent 20 piece val plate armor bods. All three said they won't do that again. From what I heard only 6 crafters worked on the bods. Pretty discourage bunch. They told me they didn't do it for the rewards, just wanted to see the tree fully grown. :(
Ouch.

Last edited:

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested on Atlantic and found once the red bag is displayed players that have not participated in the earlier stages will not be able to donate any bods in that
city to receive gifts.
where on Atlantic is this?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event moved from Britain to Jhelom now need to take the bottom transport pod to get to the new site and its on the SE side of the city.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

For those cities that does not have sufficient funds, the town criers are still saying the city "..Festival has begun..." and the Elf is also ACCEPTING BODs! This is on Formosa.

I have turned in some 100 mid quality BODs (300 points each) so far to Jhelom Elf and was reminded by a friend about this. Please say my BODs are not wasted.

From patch info:
The Artisan Festival occurs in any of the Governor cities with a treasury balance of at least 1,000,000 gp.

The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.

SS_873.jpg

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

For those cities that does not have sufficient funds, the town criers are still saying the city "..Festival has begun..." and the Elf is also ACCEPTING BODs! This is on Formosa.

I have turned in some 100 mid quality BODs (300 points each) so far to Jhelom Elf and was reminded by a friend about this. Please say my BODs are not wasted.

From patch info:
The Artisan Festival occurs in any of the Governor cities with a treasury balance of at least 1,000,000 gp.

The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.

View attachment 58147
The money has already been deducted, so the festival will proceed as expected.