• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CAn anyone make "moving" sigs?

G

The problem is file size. When you make an animated gif, you have to duplicate each frame that will change. The smoother the animation/transition, the more frames you need. The new slight sig size limit increase makes doing animations easier, but they are best limited to things such as flashing eyes, gems, light beams, etc. where you don't need a whole lot of different frames to create the effect.

If you recall Feyre's "happy fun" sig, with the stick figure drawings, that was super cute but as limited as it was, I think he barely got it under the old sig size limit, but he kept his canvas area pretty small so it worked. Same on the one he made for someone else with the giant foot that stomps the stick figure.

-Skylark

G

Here is an example I have on hand. This was back when Mr. Stinky fancied himself a Jedi orc. *rolls eyes*

I think as it is, it is right at the limit, maybe a bit over, and I really compressed it down from the original draft.

-Skylark

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have made them but my photobucket is down till 19th. Someone linked one of my files and used up all 25gig of down load in 2 days

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one sig that is over 3 meg. It happen to me once before.This time I didn't change the file name when i got the warning