• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling invasions

Z

ZippyW

Okay, I've done 5-6 CJ's now and I have these invasions, but I have no idea what to use them for, except maybe if I find a toon who needs those cogs that I have an invasion on, which probably isn't going to be really likely to happen, and I am through Dreamland, so I don't get tasks like that anymore. There HAS to be another benefit for them! Could you guys explain to me when and how to use those to my benefit, and just how the whole thing works? Like, say I need some cogbucks and can't get into NR, can I go to another district, go in the bullion, wait until the end, and call an invasion?

S

susan4633

you will not always be able to get into nutty river to take advantage of the invasions when you need those 5500 merits, 8900 bux, 14400 notes and 23300 stock options. as someone who has recent experience *groan* with doing a da and hoping for 1542 notes-just to have the invasion die as the cogs are getting hit, it is SO painful to lose approximately 600 notes because we didn't have a fresh invasion.

and while you may no longer need specific cogs, perhaps some of your friends might..

in my last 15 cj's i got 2 invasions (primarily because my book isn't as full as it could be-i used my blds to help friends out). so enjoy having those invasions, they WILL come in handy at some point.

G

Granjell

How full does the book need to be to get to call an invasion? I'm an Ambulance Chaser 4 and have several summon cogs and a few summon bldgs, and I've used a few summon bldgs to help friends.

L

Little Sadie

I think winning invasions are much easier when your book is getting full of buildings and cog summons. That said, I had no invasion a few weeks ago and very few building summons in my book. In other words, my book is pathetically low! I cjed with a friend and actually got a spin doctor invasion. I was surprised as there were plenty of open spots for buildings and cog summons that I could have gotten.

Z

ZippyW

Now I'm REALLY confused!! LOL! So, just because I have a few invasions in my book doesn't mean I can use them? I have to wait for my book to be pretty full of them first, like when you were getting radar? I'm WELL aware that you can't count on getting into NR and even if you do those invasions are just more often, but not predictable, but my question is if I need bux, merits, notices, or whatever, can I call an invasion while I'm in a factory or mint instead of hoping/waiting for an invasion? And can I just call a single cog invasion or would I have to use a building one? I just can't find any info on the web about effective/useful ways to use those invasions.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

To answer your question. You can call an invasion in any district you are in at any time you would like as long as there is not CURRENTLY an invasion happening. So feel free to use your invasions as needed by you and your friends that you so choose to help.

From what I understand everyone is talking about Summoning buildings and cogs. The more building and cog summons you have the better your chances of getting Invasions as prizes for winning the CJ.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have the option to summon a cog, a building or an invasion.

Summoning the cog or building will not give you double experience points as summoning an invasion does.

Unlike SOS cards, the summon you get is one of those you still don't have. So if you use an invasion and you still have other empty slots for cogs and buildings, you are not assured that the invasion you used will be replaced in your next CJ win.

Z

ZippyW

Thanks for that info!

So, you summon say telemarketers. Do they just suddenly start dropping from the sky on the street you are standing on? And if you are in the factory when you do that, they appear in the streets and you are getting the invasion credit while IN the factory, so you do that when you are close to the end? And if you call a building, do you just stand on the street, click on that, and a building will appear out of one of the buildings on the sidewalk?

And if you summon the telemarketers (or whatever cogs), that is not the same as an invasion? I was told you have to fill up your cog, then the building, in each one to get an invasion, but I was confused about what the difference is between summoning a particular cog and an invasion.

L

Little Sadie

I misunderstood the question! I thought Granjell was asking about winning invasions, not calling them. My mistake! You can call them while in any street, building (in between floors, and in mints, factories and so on. When you call it, as long as there is not one in progress, it will start immedietely.

F

Flippers

Smusher took the alternate route of not calling invasions.

When he earned his BW50 suit last Halloween, he was not considered maxed until two weeks later, when he filled his book.

Now he can call the invasion of his choice and a CJ will replace it.

It's a worthwhile investment.

L

Little Sadie

Smusher took the alternate route of not calling invasions.

When he earned his BW50 suit last Halloween, he was not considered maxed until two weeks later, when he filled his book.

Now he can call the invasion of his choice and a CJ will replace it.

It's a worthwhile investment.

Just curious but do you consider not being maxed at RB50 til you get all unites possible? How about HW50 til you fill your sos cards til it is full? CEO is maxed once you get the most pink slips possible? Is that actually the way you play the game? I know Trish and others don't consider gardening maxed til you max your shovel. I am such a slacker! I haven't attained any of the above yet have maxed 4 suits. I don't have the patience to do what you do. LOL!

F

Flippers

Just curious but do you consider not being maxed at RB50 til you get all unites possible? How about HW50 til you fill your sos cards til it is full? CEO is maxed once you get the most pink slips possible? Is that actually the way you play the game? I know Trish and others don't consider gardening maxed til you max your shovel. I am such a slacker! I haven't attained any of the above yet have maxed 4 suits. I don't have the patience to do what you do. LOL!
Apples and oranges? *shrug*

I can't compare these with the CJ prize. They are very different.

While you may have limits to SOS and ultimately the Unites, the prize for CJ is very finite.

IMHO just being able to CFO without having to endure a stinking mint is reward enough.

S

susan4633

Thanks for that info!

And if you call a building, do you just stand on the street, click on that, and a building will appear out of one of the buildings on the sidewalk?

just because you stand in front of a building, it doesn't mean the cogs will take over that building! believe me i KNOW. i burned 5 building summons from my book...every one of them appeared around the corner from where i was standing. it was ttc, so of course by the time, i and my friend got to the building it was already swarming with little toons who often don't get the chance to do buildings in ttc. so finally on the 6th building summons, it was behind us, and we quickly went into it...in typical toontown fashion, 2 other toons came with us in that 5 story building. my 16 laff friend lived until the random toon pulled an aoogah on the 5th floor on LURED cogs...naturally, even tho the 16laff played NO gag (she was out) the cogs hit only her...and the entire building was a waste of time for me and her.

re the invasion...that i think is variable. last night for my key run, i got a big wig building. i didn't have the single cog, so i was surprised.

L

Little Sadie

Apples and oranges? *shrug*

I can't compare these with the CJ prize. They are very different.

While you may have limits to SOS and ultimately the Unites, the prize for CJ is very finite.

IMHO just being able to CFO without having to endure a stinking mint is reward enough.
There is a finite limit to the number of pink slips you can get though I can't remember the number now. I was just wondering if you play all your toons that way if indeed there are a finite # to the rewards you get.

F

Flippers

There is a finite limit to the number of pink slips you can get though I can't remember the number now. I was just wondering if you play all your toons that way if indeed there are a finite # to the rewards you get.
Couple of them. There's only one of each type of prize for the CJ, and to ensure you get the one you need, you must have all the ones you dont need.

This means helping people get specific cogs, during or not during an invasion like on Halloween, doing the Bossbot cog gauntlet for their suit (smusher took less than 10 min to get the first 8 suit parts), to helping people with keys. Working gags on an unmaxed toon by triggering a small cog invasion of a type and soloing 5 lvl bldgs... etc etc etc. The benefits of filling the book are great, and that's where its power lies as a resource.

IMHO of course.

L

Little Sadie

I got my suit really fast too for boss. I just summoned every cog I needed then summoned buildings. Didn't even have to leave the Nautical street for the first eight either. I do know there are huge benefits to having a full book. I just used all mine because, well I benefited from it. LOL!

Z

ZippyW

I wonder why they don't have more buildings in TTC? I actually remember that when I first started, not being the type to RTFM first of course, I had never seen a building just sitting there before. I had seen a couple of elevator doors open and no toons in there and ran in, only later figuring that there had been toons there before and they hadn't survived! I actually thought you had to jump up and down in front of the elevator doors for them to open!! LOL! I thought the lights above the door were to show you how close you were to the doors opening. I see toons doing that in TTC now and I always laugh. :blushing:

G

Granjell

Thanks, Joe - you DID answer my question, which was when the heck will I win an invasion summons. My answer as I understand you is someday.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Thanks, Joe - you DID answer my question, which was when the heck will I win an invasion summons. My answer as I understand you is someday.

Probably the same day as me. *sings* SomeDayyy my dreams will come!