• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling All Collectors Part II: A Few Of My Favorite Things!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello All, occasionally I like to post a thread like this to welcome all new and old visitors to the Stratics Rares Forum. It is very easy to lose sight of our common goal of making insane amounts of gold and sitting on top of our massive massive collections like dragons...

Uh, Wait, no thats not it! I mean its easy to lose sight of what is really important, our community! This particular community has grown quite a bit over the years and appears to be growing still. Anyway, I'll stop stammering and get on with the purpose of this thread!

Name: Athelas

Home: Ocarina Island (Trammel), Treasure Trove Museum (formerly the Treasure Trove Mall) Atlantic Shard

Things I like to collect: Old Footwear, Seer Items, Event Items, old weird tagged items, historical rares, generally Atlantic specific, but I'm a sucker for anything with a good story attached to it.

A Few Of My Favorite Things: As I mentioned I love old footwear, here are a couple of my favorites. These in particular combine my love of old footwear with the old tags.

http://i62.***********/2lywzp.jpg http://i60.***********/vfwne9.jpg

Beyond old footwear this particular item is indeed an old favorite. Possibly a seer item, based on how old it is, but who really knows. All I know is it isn't actually sigil, as it appears to be, its a few shades off. Anyway, here it is.

http://i57.***********/fx846q.jpg http://i57.***********/27wrcr4.jpg

I urge everyone who takes part in this thread to post pictures of a few of their favorite things, a visual is always nice. I'd also like to again welcome all of our new users to our community. If you ever have any questions regarding items, don't be afraid to post. There are a lot of great people here that are always happy to help.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Greetings!

Name : Captn Norrington
Home: The Acropolis Auction Hall And Rares Museum, south in town luna at the crossroads, Atlantic shard
Things I like to collect: wearable rares, more specefically, wearable rares relating to the virtues

A few of my favorite items:

By far my number one favorite item is this Champion Of Luna 1/1 sash I obtained from Goodmann last year (thank you Goodmann!!)

Luna.png
Luna1.png

My number two favorite item is this 1/15 A Codex Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata I obtained from Olcher about 6 months ago (thank you Olcher!!), I especially love that it is in the form of a chivalry book, since honor is my favorite virtue, and Trinsic is my favorite city. I also love it due to the fact it was one of the first Crux Ansata items, and in my opinion the Crux Ansata embodies the spirit of the Atlantic shard.

Codex.png
Codex1.png

My third favorite item is this 1/14 talisman named Defender Of The Virtues I obtained from Bon Iver a year ago (thank you Bon Iver!!)
since I have always been interested in the Ultima virtues this item interested me immediately, plus it has my favorite talisman shape.

Defender.png
Defender1.png

Thank you for reading! :)

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I LOVE these kinds of threads! Thank you for starting one up, Athelas!

Hi everybody, I'm Adeka.
I live in Toad Town which is north of Luna and a wee bit to the east.
I collect Candles Blessed by Love for... and I too like wearables.
I think the ability to carry a candle that not only looks cute, but displays a name of a player from history, or even a fun or silly name is really enjoyable for me. At this point, in my collection of over 130 Candles, my favorite name is:
Real Woman.png
I am working a deal for one that makes me squeal with excitement over owning. It will replace this one, but I will not reveal it's name just yet! I also really like the Candle for 'SniffinKool-aid' that I recently got. It makes me laugh each time I read it. :D

I also have this wonderful card displayed along with my collection of candles:
candle collection.png

Here is my favorite wearable rare item I own, it just happens to also be a Fancy Dress, which is by far my favorite piece of dress up!
2xexcept 2x bless.png
I got this dress from Caveat Emptor, and as he no longer plays it also holds a strong, fond memory of a good friend! :)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome, I too enjoy all of those things as well.

My personal favorite wearable is my Robe Of The Mad Mage. Purchased from the original owner from Arirang, it is believed to be one of a kind, but I haven't been able to get a solid confirmation from anyone else besides the original owner. That said, no others have ever popped up in the 4 years since I purchased it.

http://i62.***********/330xv0i.jpg

And here we have my favorite Candle of Love! Wynn The Woeful, my old guildmaster and one of the founders of the Treasure Trove Mall! It was rescued from Aspen's (DVI) Idoc after his house fell.

http://i58.***********/5k2fsz.png

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all. Name is Angel Dust. I collect anything Pub related. Currently have over 200 different types of bottles, jugs, etc filled with liquor.
House is located West of Umbra at Malas University if anyone remembers.
My favorite items at current moment are "An Earthen Jug filled with Zombie Juice" and "Hercules's Wreath of Hangover Cure" zombie juice.png

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone!

Here are a couple of my past favorite items. I'm not a collector anymore (in fact sold just about everything off) so I don't have all those glorious items ya'll do.. but here are past screen shots of my favorite items owned..

*I believe these were both 1/1 items, not 100% sure. It was an event that took place around Trammel Yew bank*

*Still own these*

*Not rare, but funny. Anyone remember this event? She wore the cloak the entire duration*

Last item...

*I can't remember where I got the tie-dye set, I think an event around 1969*

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Name: Lady Decadence
Home: Atlantic Luna Museum, Atlantic (Closed Temporarily)
Things I like to collect: Rare Pets, Lanterns, Wearables, and anything that will give me a chuckle.
A Few Of my favorite things:
This was hard, I love so many of my items and am a complete hoarder!

I love all of my lanterns, one of my favorites :
Light of New Year (Thank you Blend)

This bag is one of my most cherished UO items!
I have had it since I believe year 2000, it was painstakingly made and given to me by my husband before we were married. ( Yes hubby is a little warped ^_^)

This Puppy Vest, given to me by @Sadie- She knew I wanted one, and she gave me a gift box with the puppy vest hidden in side. Completely had me in tears! She is a sweetheart!

The LuT guildstone (Liberators of Loot) given to me by hubby. It was an old historic guild of Sonoma and Atlantic, that used to do the Galad Episodes (looters lair) . Major nostalgia for hubby and I.

Another favorite rare

I remember when I was really little, sneaking into my older brother's room, and opening his Ultima Game box. In it was an ankh and a cloth map, which I was completely fascinated with. This started my love for Ultima games.

I have tons more items that I completely love, but the topic is a "few of my favorite things". So I will end here unless I come up with something and I can't resist but add to this list ^_^.

Ty for reading, ty for sharing, and ty for the topic!

Last edited:

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all are so funny! (Nice items too btw)

While looking at my screen shots, I came across this. An EM was using it at an event (Can't remember shard, not Atlantic I know. Actually, the more I look at my backpack I want to say this was GL or LS) and I tried to buy it.. he said I didn't have enough gold in the world.. and he was right! Too bad the poison resist is only 6%, surely thought more could have fit. I guess I need to practice on my imbue calculations..

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! So many awesome items in this thread (Decadence i LOVE that lantern!)

It took me awhile to narrow mine down, but i decided to stick to my themes that i collect:

Wearable pirate gear: Pirate Boots (bought these from Decadence!)

Blaze colored items: Tall Golden Heirloom Candelabra of an Ancient Style
Posedion's Treasures (ugh.. that spelling)

My new favorite blaze "item", this Momma Duck that I won from a recent event on Chessy, not really an item, but still a very proud part of my blaze collection, she stands outside my castle:

And if you say "greetings" to her:

And last but not least...

Pies: this is one of my favorites:

(I also collect cows, but I think my 78 vet reward and 102 wooden cow collection is pretty boring, lol)

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey!!!!

Name: Alexander
Home: West of Zento City - Araneae Auction House - Atlantic Server
Things I Like To Collect: Anything that goes with the decoration of my house.

Item Set #1

About 5 Years ago, EM Bennu was first introduced to the server of Atlantic. One of the very first events he held had to do with spiders. There was a whole story arc having to do with this. Unfortunately, this was during the time I could barely be online because of some real life issues - so i missed quite a few events. Anyways, when I saw these 4 spiders, I fell in love with them. They are considered my most prize possession. I was able to track down the 4 owners and was able to purchase these spiders from them. Thanks @Faeryl @Olcher @Nails Warstein @EM_Bennu

item1.JPG

A Crystal Idol Of Huuteth The Spider Queen (1)
A Crystal Idol Of Jountaal The Spider Queen (1)
A Crystal Idol Of Dresheth The Spider Queen (1)
A Crystal Idol Of Pthorath The Fallen Spider Princes (1)

Item #2

Right around when EM Nestor was about to leave Atlantic, he concluded with one of his event story arcs. I remember being in the swamp and seeing his beauty laying on the ground. I couldn't pick it up!!! Well, I decided to hunt the creatures of the event and die MANY times. I opened up one of the corpses and saw this harp. I was so excited!! I went to pick it up and the corpse disappeared!! Like.... WHAT?!?! So ever since, I was bound and determined to acquire this nice piece to add to my collection.

item2.JPG

An Ancient Lyre Resembling a Coiled Serpent (6)

Item 3:
A Couple months ago, EM Willow of Sonoma dropped this amazing item/pet. The reason it is in the top 3 of my favorites is because, even though it is a simple item, it is a brilliant item. It is original and it is awesome! Excalibird!! I love the hue of the parrot, even though it is the base color. I also love that this graphic hasn't been used before. Those two combined into one made a very amazing item! :)

item3.JPG

Last edited:

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Dungeon keeper gem...there were about ten of these dropped in a contest the very first year of UO. You could turn them in for a a new game. This may be the only one left.

Gem. Great Lakes

Attachments

Last edited:

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My Dungeon keeper gem...there were about ten of these dropped in a contest the very first year of UO. You could turn them in for a a new game. This may be the only one left.

Gem. Great Lakes
I have one of these and I know of one more on Lake Superior in the Glowing Orb museum. Those are the only 2 I have seen until yours now. Very nice item indeed. :)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Greetings,

Name: Piotr
Home: Hunter's Museum on Ocarina Isle (Trammel), Drachenfels.
Things I like to collect: Everything with old tags, server birth items and other old items, representing the history of my shard.

My number one favorite item(s) is the unique set of War Drums in the picture below. They are Quest items from an early 1998 Orc quest. I don't know much about their whereabouts, until I inherited them around 2004.

WarDrums.jpg

My number two favorite item(s) is my rubble mushroom ring!

HekseCirkel.jpg

My third favorite item(s) are my houses.

The Keep on Ocarina Isle.
MyHomes3.jpg

My 17x17 at the Bridge of the two Kings.
MyHomes4.jpg

And finally my 3 houses at the end of "The Strip" NW to Britain Cemetery and my Tower at the other end.

MyHomes2.jpg MyHomes1.jpg

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I used to collect things but have lost so much over the years...I do have a few favorites..though not rare they are special to me.

I have a red mug crafted by Merry Elves from Great Lakes 2010
2 Fur, one in each direction I was lucky enough to find an an Idoc
1 light

These are cool just cus..the armor I have no clue about..got it from an Idoc..and the *blackrock* I've had for awhile.

http://i62.***********/1zb7w9k.png

These items are on napa...all of the armor in the backpack is tagged the same
http://i62.***********/sazjhs.png
Also the 2 rings are labeled A Diamond Wedding Band
1000 Diamonds Earrings
1000 Diamonds Necklace

A meager collection I know but it's one I am proud of considering I've had 2 castles and an 18x18's worth of stuff lost over the years.