• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling all banksitters!

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
last night, (june 18th) I came back from afk to find myself dismounted and my white swampy gone. If anyone could shed light on who dismounted me, please PM me.

Thank you for reading :)

Edit

after talking to many people who were there when i lost the swampy, I figure one of two things happen. Either a GM deleted my swampy, or it went wild from under me.

It was always my understanding that if you were sitting a mount, it wouldnt go wild. or at least not for a very VERY long time. I fed the white swampy a min of like a week before i lost it. while i highly doubt it actually went wild from under me, i accept it as a possiblity.

Out of the people i talked to, it seems i hopped off it. and within 30 sec it was gone. Some say they saw a guard whack it, some say they didnt. So its really hard to tell if it went wild, or if it got deleted. after checking my email i had no message, though i am not sure they would have either.

I wanna take a min to publiclly apologize to anyone in my guid/alliance who took me dropping guild offensivley. Most however, understand what it looked like from my end, and understand that taking a precaution to a possible greifer was a good move.

basicly, if you love ur mount, feed him snackies once in awhile! lol Just in case :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
never attempted to dismount anyone, but wouldn't that be an act of aggression and therefor you are unable to execute move in Tram? unless guilded or in a guild war..... are there other circumstance where hostile acts are possible in Tram?

hope ya get your swampy back.... is there a name I can holler while riding about that he would answer to?

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Did you keep him well fed? if not he could have dismounted you himself and went wild. I've had that happen to me before with a blue beetle.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was most likely someone in my alliance that did it. I have since dropped guild. I wont get the swampy back devils, it went wild and got guard whacked. :/ and yes tov, it was fed enough to no go wild. however i wasnt aware they could go wild whie you were sitting on them. i thought you lost con while not on your beetle when you lost urs?

either way, I'm just looking for a simple answer. I liked that dragon alot. was a gift from my Pariah. :(

E

eolsunder

yea they can go wild while sitting on them, happens to me alot of times especially on beetles on my smith.

I doubt someone dismounted you, after all your a permenant feature at the bank, like crazy glue, doubt they would wait until this time to do it. Just a slim chance it went wild. I don't think it would have gotten guard whacked, swampies aren't normally agressive are they?

Maybe someone else tamed it.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better part of valor actually. I mean you could kill everyone in your guild or alliance :gun: Think she did the right thing and if it turns out that it did just go wild then there are no hard feelings because she didnt do the above by taking it out on peeps that were not involved. Its alot easier to get re guilded then to try and rebuild bridges once they are burned.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

it was most likely someone in my alliance that did it. I have since dropped guild. I wont get the swampy back devils, it went wild and got guard whacked. :/ and yes tov, it was fed enough to no go wild. however i wasnt aware they could go wild whie you were sitting on them. i thought you lost con while not on your beetle when you lost urs?

either way, I'm just looking for a simple answer. I liked that dragon alot. was a gift from my Pariah. :(
Different Beetle different char :p, I'm not talking about the horrible event that happened due to connection issues :/.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno, I fed it more than i feed most my mounts. including Mica's proxy dragon. Who hasnt been fed in like.... god six months. and i bank sit on her from time to time, and he dies in combat, gets ressed, and remounted quite often without a snack.

I sincerly doubt it went wild. I dont think I've EVER heard of that happening to a mounted animal (before this thread that is). but even if it is a possblitly. its slimmer still. cause i fed that white swampy more than any other mount i own. (probally once every couple a weeks)

example, my ridgeback? Once that thing bonded, i dont think i EVER fed it. lol

and yeah Cuda, I pretty much figured that if i dropped untill i figured out what happen would save everyone a headache.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate it when animals go wild. I had two Cu's go wild on me in back to back days. Now Im a freak about feeding them. Thank god for Faith and Iago. I dont know what I would have done with out them.

Blesh I hope you find the culprit who did this.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I NEVER feed any of my pets...except when i first tame/receive them.

hehe, that's years without food for some of them.

P

Pennywise

Or maybes I should hav put dis picture here. Whisperin Rose Radio DJ Lil in town dis night.

Had to make meez introductions.

Recognize anybodys self bank sitting?

P

Pennywise

alright, I gotta ask... where do you buy your underwear?
I-I-In dem der Painted Caves, near da back. Ders a treasure chest der, and when you pick da lock, and say da right werds, you sometimes get a pair, just like cloth rewardz for fillins' da tailor bods in Lunaz.

P

Porky Pig Inc.

blesh leaving guild actually didnt make waaay too much sense to me because no one killed u. also tell me does it make sense that someone just goes around dismounting. and another thing it had to go wild to get guard whacked so no offense but u might have over reacted a little

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or, maybe, she was being smart and just making sure that there wasnt some butthole that was griefing guild members?! Maybe she didnt want it to happen and her get killed and looted? Maybe, well you get my point.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, maybe, she was being smart and just making sure that there wasnt some butthole that was griefing guild members?! Maybe she didnt want it to happen and her get killed and looted? Maybe, well you get my point.
Bingo. ty omni

K

Kula

Or maybes I should hav put dis picture here. Whisperin Rose Radio DJ Lil in town dis night.

Had to make meez introductions.

Recognize anybodys self bank sitting?

WTF, is this new? How do you get tatoos?

LOL NM :(
You edited the picture ;/

W

Wulfgar

I was there blesh when you fell off mount and it went poof. I would say it was a gm because no one was even near you when you fell off it. No more than you hit the ground it was gone.