• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calendars in UO..

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that there should be calendars in the game, where it will say what dates that all these events start on, and we can set dates of our own for guild events, like a guild calendar.. :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

Don't get crazy, Cal, you have a LOT of broken things you need people fixing before you have resources to start assigning to build a "nice to have" Calendar inside the client. :(

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, but it is true. We do desperately need some better form of guild communication that makes it really easy to see messages delivered while offline or planned events.

Yes there are bugs that need fixing and I'll let the team set priorities for what goes in when.

Thanks for giving this consideration Cal.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Many (most) guilds for MMO games have guild websites of some sort? There are hosting places dedicated to gaming guild hosting... have tons of features for them such as calendars...

I'm not saying it wouldn't be "Nice to have" inside the client... Just that the UO team has a really bad habit of adding more "Nice to have" flash at the expense of fixing what we have that doesn't work... and nine times out of ten, the "nice to have" that they add doesn't work that well at deployment either.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If mine could have pics of fire fighters then ok, if not then no calendars. :grouphug:

C

Clarifier

I think that there should be calendars in the game, where it will say what dates that all these events start on, and we can set dates of our own for guild events, like a guild calendar.. :)
Similar to the one they just added to WoW? :)

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one in WoW isn't anything new. We were using a guild calender mod months before Blizz added theirs. I am surprised how nice they made it, usually anything Blizz adds is inferior to previous existing mods [like the "threat meter" in LK lolz]

To get back on topic...I think it would also be pretty useful for guilds in UO. Not needing an external website or forums to schedule stuff anymore.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have only one complaint about it - it doesn't allow you to post PUBLIC events. It would be so cool to log on and check the calendar, only to see that a public wedding, festival or pub night is coming up. How much community interaction that would encourage!

Now those organizing them have to keep on doing it the old way: posting info on the boards. Only problem is that not everyone reads those.

My only guess is that Blizzard didn't want to give spammers and other naughty folk yet another channel to do their evil work. Then again, the same dangers are posed on the boards and on the channel chats anyhow, so it's not as if that helps.

A similar calendar for both public and private events for UO? That would be great, yeah.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm might be worth a ticket over on the Exchange.

We've put in a stopwatch and timer... why not a calendar... I'll check on it.

G

GAMBIT35

It would be so cool to log on and check the calendar, only to see that a public wedding, festival or pub night is coming up. How much community interaction that would encourage!
Wow, you guys really need to get out of the house more often. Publc Wedding's and "pub night". Very sad.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, you guys really need to get out of the house more often. Publc Wedding's and "pub night". Very sad.
Hehe, yes I suppose it would seem at first strange to a person like yourself who has never roleplayed and doesn't understand that style of game play.

We all do different things in these games. Some spend hours grinding so they can get that certain piece of armor, others spend hours interacting with each other - much like they would be actors in a play.

The most ironic thing about your comment is that Ultima Online is classified as a MMORPG.

Let me just translate that for you:
Massively Multiplayer Online ROLEPLAYING Game

So when you really think about it, this is our (the roleplayers) realm and you are the odd one out - the visitor.

Give it a try some time, you may just find it may enhance your game play. *gentle smile*