• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cadence - A nifty sounding browser demo

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if it seems that I am a "new-thread-hog" but I tend to find things interesting to me and I am compelled to share what I find! -)

This is a demo of the game Cadence which is being developed by creator Peter Cardwell-Gardner who was formerly a sound engineer. It is a nice sound puzzle.

I found the article on Rock Paper Shotgun. The article has a video from the creator describing the game and why he is developing it. The article also has a link to the demo, which runs in Unity in your browser.

I've been mucking with the demo and really like the idea...mostly because it reminds me of riffs from many techno-music artists I like. Plus, with some creative work, you could sample your creations and almost make songs by stitching and looping the pieces together!

Other than trying to achieve each level, I've tried to create a loop that lasts a long time. So far, the longest loop I've created lasts 10 seconds before repeating on one puzzle! -)

Have a look and see what you think! I love it but then I love pretty much every kind of music I hear! But...wait...I'm an old fogey...that doesn't sound right...GET OFF MY LAWN...much better! -)

Link = http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/05/cadence-where-physics-and-music-fall-in-love/

Link directly to Peter Cardwell-Gardner's site where there are more demos/ideas!
http://www.madewithmonsterlove.com/

TQQdles™

P.S. My longest loop played twice...

Last edited:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED