• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bye UO

• Thread starter Masumatek
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

Masumatek

I'm leaving Siege, which means UO, most likely permanately. I'll be on to pack up/give away in the next few days, and then I'll be gone.

I won't bore you with the many details of why. It's enough to say I don't enjoy this game anymore, haven't in a long time, and have lost the little hope I had for Siege. Since hope for an improved Siege was really the only thing that kept me here wasting my time and my money, I'm leaving.

I won't be posting on or reading the boards anymore either. I think it's futile trying to convince the devs to make the necessary changes to UO (and not make the bad ones) and even more futile to convince the community.

-Freja and Max, sorry about not being active with the alliance. I should have never agreed to start one with my activity. Good luck to you.

Thanks to everyone who made the fun I had on Siege Perilous possible. Most of you are gone, but thank you to the few of you who are left.

I guess there's not much else to say. I hope to see some of you in DarkFall. I also hope not to see many of you.

PS: If you want Siege to survive for however long UO does, if that's possible, you need to be agressive. You can't wait for problems to get worse. You can't let the problems you can avoid occur in the first place. You must always anaylze new changes, predict their effect on Siege, and immediately oppose them if they're harmful. Most importantly, you need to stand united. Even if you're united in that you agree there needs to be change, you need to be united on what that change needs to be.

We agreed we needed a ROT change, after having stupid debates for years, and then we weren't united in what the change needed to be. Now we got a small change that will accomplish little. Small changes will do nothing for Siege at this point. Population is the key to saving Siege, and it's only going to get worse with the release of games like DarkFall and the increase of lands in future UO expansions. I don't really care what you do anymore since I won't be coming back. If you care though, you'll ask for the pointless change to ROT to be made into a major ROT change (such as a 10 point a day gain cap and a 1-2 minute timer).

Farewell Siege. I left a long time ago and just didn't realize it...

*is reabsorbed into the collective*

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be because I played in Fel on Napa for so long, but I see about 10x as many people as I did before. You want to see dead? Go to a production shard. I also think UO has been slowly dying for a while now. No changes surprise me. No changes give me hope or false hope. Just riding it out 'til the end.

(Btw, I was that person named "a borg" who ran around for a few days, maybe almost a year ago, just messing around. You gave me a few bows.)

:scholar:

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm leaving Siege, which means UO, most likely permanately. I'll be on to pack up/give away in the next few days, and then I'll be gone.

I won't bore you with the many details of why. It's enough to say I don't enjoy this game anymore, haven't in a long time, and have lost the little hope I had for Siege. Since hope for an improved Siege was really the only thing that kept me here wasting my time and my money, I'm leaving.

I won't be posting on or reading the boards anymore either. I think it's futile trying to convince the devs to make the necessary changes to UO (and not make the bad ones) and even more futile to convince the community.

-Freja and Max, sorry about not being active with the alliance. I should have never agreed to start one with my activity. Good luck to you.

Thanks to everyone who made the fun I had on Siege Perilous possible. Most of you are gone, but thank you to the few of you who are left.

I guess there's not much else to say. I hope to see some of you in DarkFall. I also hope not to see many of you.

PS: If you want Siege to survive for however long UO does, if that's possible, you need to be agressive. You can't wait for problems to get worse. You can't let the problems you can avoid occur in the first place. You must always anaylze new changes, predict their effect on Siege, and immediately oppose them if they're harmful. Most importantly, you need to stand united. Even if you're united in that you agree there needs to be change, you need to be united on what that change needs to be.

We agreed we needed a ROT change, after having stupid debates for years, and then we weren't united in what the change needed to be. Now we got a small change that will accomplish little. Small changes will do nothing for Siege at this point. Population is the key to saving Siege, and it's only going to get worse with the release of games like DarkFall and the increase of lands in future UO expansions. I don't really care what you do anymore since I won't be coming back. If you care though, you'll ask for the pointless change to ROT to be made into a major ROT change (such as a 10 point a day gain cap and a 1-2 minute timer).

Wow never thought that would happen, I figured you'd be one of the more stubborn people and stick it out till the end. Im kinda dissapointed to see ya go. I havtn seen ya on much lately, nor have I been on... But it was always fun to fight you... You were a very honorable foe, and even moreso friend. Farwell and goodluck with life and finding another game that keeps your interest..

RESIST IS FUTILE!

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you should just try another kind of gamestyle before quitting, Masumatek...
Things do change ! You have to adapt and look forward... Crying and praying for Eletronic Arts to do their jobs will never have any results.
Do you think I was happy when they added instanced corpses to Siege ? WHat about the self ress ??? Smoke bombs,.,.?? Its pure trammelization.,.Discount your anger on blues !! Cut their armor, trash their equipment like I do !!
I am the danger EA should have applied on SIege ! WHoever dies to me is gonna suffer somehow ! I will make blues lives as miserables as they can be to compensate all the advantages they receive from our designers !!

You are responsible for your fun in the game. If you cannot create your own fun you will always have the same problems on any game that you choose.

Darkfall online is great theorically. It has everything an online game should have : freedom ! But it certainly is going to have some flaws... And guess who will be there complaining about those flaws instead of enjoying the god damn game ? YOU !

B

Black magick

Cya later mate, been fun playing with ya since ... Hope ya find a good game to keep your interest, and I'll see you in Darkfall.
Signed Wolf

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sad to see you go Masu. Best wishes to you where you go. Just take down the alliance, I will restart it, so don't be worried about that :)

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, I'm truely saddened.
I just recently reclaimd my
land back in the dark forest
and was thinking of you &
how all you reds wanted me out
to build your evil city.
Seems like forever now but you ,
Dark and the others really
made a hudge infulence on
me playing and staying
on Siege Perilous.

Good luck to you friend ... :hug::bowdown::sad4:

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We realized it.... thats why no one could stand listening to you complain about a game you didn't even play any longer. Don't let the door FINALLY hit you in the arse on the way out.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Masu - We haven't always agreed, but you will be sorely missed. Our first years on Siege were a lot of fun because of you. The fights in the Stonehaven desert were always fun... until we'd invite you in and you'd start with the withering!! lol I look back on those times with a smile, though!

You fought the good fight, both here on the boards and in game. You will be missed and definitely not forgotten.

Fare the well, friend.
*Raises an ale*
And in the words of the late Aeric Horn... Cheers!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bye Masu.

while its sad to see you go i can fully understand you...

i have been kinda quitting over the past 2 (or more) years aswell...we'll see how long it'll take until i will get to the same point that you're at right now...

take care

A

ayahuasca

Yaalahn. Didn't know you, but remember that no bridges are burned when you leave. I've seen many people leave and come back. If Darkfall isn't what you hoped for and you get bored, another face on Siege is always welcome.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will make blues lives as miserables as they can be to compensate all the advantages they receive from our designers !!
Gonna start making them go on a date with you? :lick:

Be safe Masu...Best of luck!

O

Ole Cheapy

Bye, Mas, you were a true sieger, brother. Hope to see you again someday.

M

Magnolia

Perhaps you should just try another kind of gamestyle before quitting, Masumatek...
Things do change ! You have to adapt and look forward... Crying and praying for Eletronic Arts to do their jobs will never have any results.
Do you think I was happy when they added instanced corpses to Siege ? WHat about the self ress ??? Smoke bombs,.,.?? Its pure trammelization.,.Discount your anger on blues !! Cut their armor, trash their equipment like I do !!
I am the danger EA should have applied on SIege ! WHoever dies to me is gonna suffer somehow ! I will make blues lives as miserables as they can be to compensate all the advantages they receive from our designers !!

You are responsible for your fun in the game. If you cannot create your own fun you will always have the same problems on any game that you choose.

Darkfall online is great theorically. It has everything an online game should have : freedom ! But it certainly is going to have some flaws... And guess who will be there complaining about those flaws instead of enjoying the god damn game ? YOU !

Ok.. I can't let this comment slide without a reaction... It is the "not getting involved because it doesn't concern me... I'll take it without complaining, kind of personalities that has help bring Siege down to the sorry state it is in right now... Not the players like Masu who fought to have an awareness of what was going on and the consequences of horrible decisions to force us to play differently than how we wished to... Instead of standing behind his stances... you attacked him and blamed him for trying so hard... I have nothing but contempt for this lack of unity we could have had if we had put our voices together instead of attacking each other and critizing each other.. when in reality we all wanted the same thing.. A great strong community with lots of players where we would not have to look all over tarnation to find them other than a few spots... and even then... them too afraid to come out and fight if the odds were against them...with the miserable few still left trying to pvp...

This is me patting Masu on the back for his caring so much and trying...

I always had fun playing with you.

Ibichi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magnolia said it pretty well.

The only thing I have to add is that everyone complains about the lack of players in UO and on Siege, but yet you push them out and celebrate their leaving. Makes not one bit of sense. New players for the most part are not helped along and encouraged. The old "It is Siege" get used to it, is a load of crap.

Mas good luck and even though I no longer play UO will always have a special spot in my heart. I have found a game I enjoy and people I enjoy being around, hope you find the same.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*tips hat* I hope you find what you are looking for. Farewell and I hope the wait is not too long.

I will try to fit another candle in my window, it is getting crowded. My candle is burning rather dim. The light to find your way home... *sighs*

M

MoonglowMerchant

Be well Mas.

I'll keep beating the drum on RoT and hope that we get a better system...until my drum wears out I guess.

It was a pleasure sharing Siege with you.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see you leave.

I still have the parrot you gave me one day by Ocllo bank and I often name the parrots after whom gave them too me, so your name is still ..on Siege even if on a bird.

I know there were times even I did not always agree with all of your posts, but many times I have agreed fully as well.

EA UO has some problems, we all hope and wait for some former similar UO glory years promised land to return to us, old vets, I guess, but sooner or later folks tire of waiting and exit UO and UO Siege Perilous. It is always a loss when anyone leaves, loss of revenue too for them as well but they oft do not see nor fathom Siege is oft their last chance for them, to hang onto their EA UO customers base. :sad4:

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok.. I can't let this comment slide without a reaction... It is the "not getting involved because it doesn't concern me... I'll take it without complaining, kind of personalities that has help bring Siege down to the sorry state it is in right now... Not the players like Masu who fought to have an awareness of what was going on and the consequences of horrible decisions to force us to play differently than how we wished to... Instead of standing behind his stances... you attacked him and blamed him for trying so hard... I have nothing but contempt for this lack of unity we could have had if we had put our voices together instead of attacking each other and critizing each other.. when in reality we all wanted the same thing.. A great strong community with lots of players where we would not have to look all over tarnation to find them other than a few spots... and even then... them too afraid to come out and fight if the odds were against them...with the miserable few still left trying to pvp...

Here here , I agree with you...
People like Wyrm are whats making Siege Perilous
a thing of the past.

I'll kill you every chance I get "Wyrm", my dragon
loves your foul blood... Attiudes like yours "Wyrm"has no
place in a community thats trying to bring new hope to a slow dieing world.

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only thing I have to add is that everyone complains about the lack of players in UO and on Siege, but yet you push them out and celebrate their leaving. Makes not one bit of sense. New players for the most part are not helped along and encouraged. The old "It is Siege" get used to it, is a load of crap.

Not everyone !
I dont complain about the lack of people in UO and Siege. Have you ever seen any post of mine complaining about it ?
I rather pretty much more to have few "decent" good players on Siege than to have one billion cry babies and whiners who will beg for EA's help everytime something bad happens to them.

As for Masumatek, Im not celebrating his departure. I wish he would stay and actually PLAY. But the point is : the only thing Ive ever seen him doing was to post complaints on these boards instead of adapting and playing the god damn game !
And my message to him was for him to pay attention and not do it again in Darkfall Online !

By the way, if he played the game he would increase the number of current players by one, at least ! Muwhahahaha :] :blushing:

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a thing of the past.

Honestly, milord, I think people like YOU (Tamers) are the problem here, not me !
PwNeD ???
Muwhahahahaha :lick:

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Wyrm :

I guess you do your part , being EVIL and all .
But you could let the noobs get a foot hold
and make some roots before you baptise
them in their own blood .
Think about it and kill me instead . ;)

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, milord, I think people like YOU (Tamers) are the problem here, not me !
PwNeD ???
Muwhahahahaha :lick:

You are the only person I ever kill with
my 1 tamer, who is mostly a Pvmer for the most part.
I made it in mind not to PVP .
Pvping with a tamer is lame and slow. I said it !
I am a pvmer with my tamer ,
what it was meant for ! ;)

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Wyrm :

I guess you do your part , being EVIL and all .
But you could let the noobs get a foot hold
and make some roots before you baptise
them in their own blood .
Think about it and kill me instead . ;)

Pfftt,,.., Its good to kill them when they start. Then we can all see what kind of players they are : if they start complaining and crying on boards, we already know that its better if they'll stay in Trammel !! :_[}

As for killing thee, we could arrange that ! Eh :_[+]

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfftt,,.., Its good to kill them when they start. Then we can all see what kind of players they are : if they start complaining and crying on boards, we already know that its better if they'll stay in Trammel !! :_[}

But most come here with no idea of what the hell is
really going here.
I've had noobies come to me and ask wheres the option
for insurance. They have no clue about Siege Perilous.
That's why I started a move to Siege Perilous campaign
on Pacific. Mostly to educate the masses of the rule set
and game play here on Siege.
In the Trammie shards they know nothing of us
except the horrible rummors they get from time to time.
I have brought over 5 new people so far, and they are
good people to bring here.
Willing to learn , willing to die, and willing to play !
I'm always willing to die , you never hear me complain
about reds killing me or just plain asshatery . lol

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Speaking of arrangments... Would 25K get you to work a party? Like a clown? You could walk around and hiss at everyone. *smiles*

Wyrm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah.,., Insolent !
We all have our own "correct" feelings and thoughts on how things should be... But lets get back to the thread's topic or soon the whole Shard is gonna eat us alive !!

BYE MASUMATEKZ !!! :_[+] Its always sad to see a RED leaving.,., gasp,,
And remember : DO NOT COMPLAIN ON DARKFALL ONLINE !!! Enjoy the game instead !!!!!

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah.,., Insolent !
We all have our own "correct" feelings and thoughts on how things should be... But lets get back to the thread's topic or soon the whole Shard is gonna eat us alive !!

And remember : DO NOT COMPLAIN ON DARKFALL ONLINE !!! Enjoy the game instead !!!!!

Yes yes.

Bye Masu, you were loved and will be missed by many.
Much love and respect . Your Buddy , Elf !

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Bah.,., Insolent !

*nods* You are right, Dark Lord. I miss them all as they fade away. You are constant. A rare commodity.

*lifts a glass* To you, Mas... You fought well. *pokes the dying fire searching for sparks* I drink to you all. Siege warriors, no matter whether a crafter, a combatant, explorer... *drinks and broods*

O

Ole Cheapy

a thing of the past.

You people need to calm down, I don't see where Wyrm was being rude or wanting Masu to leave, I saw just the opposite. *shrugs*

G

GreyRobe

I rather pretty much more to have few "decent" good players on Siege than to have one billion cry babies and whiners who will beg for EA's help everytime something bad happens to them.
Couldn't agree more.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the heck...how many posts in this thread and no "can I have your stuff" reply yet?

Can I have your stuff?...la

Q

Quira

Take care Mas, was fun having you here.

Come back whenever you feel like it.

Kind regards

F

Felinious-CWS

Farewell Mas... you were always an honrable opponent, and sometimes ally to the Shire.

Maybe we will cross paths in Darkfall, hopefully along the same path.

*salutes*

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take care Mas, and if you try another game, I hope that it provides you with an enjoyable experience. :)

I always found it ironic that you brought a very individual element to a game while role playing the head of a collective that rejects individuality. At the risk of insulting the borg queen, it is such individual distinctiveness that I enjoy about MMORPGs most. ;)

-Skylark

P.S. @Rico: if you wanted his stuff you should have stolen it when you had the chance, n00b. :twak:

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take care Mas, and if you try another game, I hope that it provides you with an enjoyable experience. :)

I always found it ironic that you brought a very individual element to a game while role playing the head of a collective that rejects individuality. At the risk of insulting the borg queen, it is such individual distinctiveness that I enjoy about MMORPGs most. ;)

-Skylark

P.S. @Rico: if you wanted his stuff you should have stolen it when you had the chance, n00b. :twak:
Wow every post you have to beat some one :hahaha:

R

Rykus

QFT - Always thought this myself..

Mas, please be sure to PM me here when you get your Darkfall invite, and again when you buy the game and land on a server there. I'll be happy to join you, and make a guild there that neither of us could ever have on Siege.

I feel the same way as your post above. I've left for months at a time, with a spark of a desire to return again, only to be snuffed out once I set foot on Sosarian soil again. The memory of the real UO (pre-AoS) kept me coming back, but I never found what I truly sought.

Won't say goodbye, just 'see ya soon!'

*salutes*