• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

But how will it affect PvP? Wah Wah

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK! I'm am tired of people saying it...Everytime EA or someone else comes out with an idea theres always someone who comes along and start complaining about how it will affect PvP. Well i have news for you... Theres a great deal of people who will enjoy pvm and could care less about PvP so shut up and stop ruining all the good ideas with your worries of some leet pker using it against you.

Just because you hang out at moongates and jump on people doesn't mean the whole game is about you. Have fun and stop crying and complaining all the time.

V

vinncent

Yeah.. it's a GAME... relax and enjoy.
I would PVP myself, but I REALLY suck at it. Why should I go into Fel and give someone my insurance money over and over?

I think more people would PVP if there was no chance of loosing any of your stuff or gold. It's not like there aren't any monsters or dungoens to hunt in. There are ways of earning gold in UO.

I

imported_Spiritless

A game's balance is often defined by PvP because that is the only real true reflection of what's balanced and what isn't. In PvM, balance issues are practically non-existent. Monsters don't whine about overpowered skills or spells, nor do they have their games wrecked by the latest flavor-of-the-month overpowered skill. Players, on the other hand, do. If things are balanced in PvP, they'll usually attain balance in PvM too from my experience.

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah.. it's a GAME... relax and enjoy.
I would PVP myself, but I REALLY suck at it. Why should I go into Fel and give someone my insurance money over and over?

I think more people would PVP if there was no chance of loosing any of your stuff or gold. It's not like there aren't any monsters or dungoens to hunt in. There are ways of earning gold in UO.

[/ QUOTE ]Find a friend, get a decent suit, turn off your insurance and practice on the roof of their tower or something. Not really hard to do. You're missing out on an entire new aspect of UO if you don't really try and get into PvP, tbh.

It's not like gold is hard to come by either, so I have no idea why someone would be worried about a few thousand per death. It's practically nothing these days, especially considering that when you get better you'll actually be turning a profit, or at least breaking even.