• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido Does Not Impress Me

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried bushido on my lesser hiryu. Got it to GM Bushido, and I don't notice anything different from regular combat. He uses lightning strike a lot, but damage is minimal. Armor Ignore seems to be a better option. His parry is about 103.6~ish.

What am I missing? What should I be looking for while i fight with this pet, what things does he do?

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If its got true Bushido it should also be using whirlwind attack that came with it for AOE. If you have sound on you should also hear it popping the stances. I couldnt help but laugh the first time mine popped Evasion pre-emptively against Rikktors deep breath

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"True" Bushido?

I know about whirlwind attack, and the other abilities, but the damage output is nothing compared to armor ignore

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
By "true" bushido, i mean you gave it bushido through the magical ability menu where you add magery or chivalry etc rather that it being added from getting a special move like feint.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Eric, when it comes to pure bush pets ya will not see a notable change until the 115.5 mark and then again at 120.. that when it jumps damage thresholds...and becomes a lot more tanky as evade, and con get a nice effectiveness bumps... its also around that time you will start to see grasp buffed lighten strikes hitting well into the 240-270 range.. .. just keep at it my friend.. bush is one of the slowest skills to train on a pet... but worth the effort.. =^-^=

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon Eric, when it comes to pure bush pets ya will not see a notable change until the 115.5 mark and then again at 120.. that when it jumps damage thresholds...and becomes a lot more tanky as evade, and con get a nice effectiveness bumps... its also around that time you will start to see grasp buffed lighten strikes hitting well into the 240-270 range.. .. just keep at it my friend.. bush is one of the slowest skills to train on a pet... but worth the effort.. =^-^=
Thanks for the information, do you have comparative values for damages at the following levels :
Bushido : 100
Bushido : 110
Bushido : 120

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So many questions would be answered IF Devs put a couple of "SKILL GATES" in TC1 N.Haven?
we would be allowed to see damage levels and pet effectiveness at different skill levels. This would save some of us the pain of complete time waste, and dump present pet after we found it not working at skill 120, after we put an exp 120 PS in it? Why not put the skill gate? The game and taming is challenging enough, and I love it bugs and all, but why not put a skill gate on TC1, and allow players to "skill up" skills that they with to test? It may open new pet testing possibilities, and catching bugs AHEAD OF TIME, and have a lot more happy player base.

Devs PLEASE ALLOW PLAYERS TO CHANGE SKILLS AT WILL ON TEST TC1 SHARD!!!!!

Thanks

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ive found that from Gm to 105.5 its about a 5-8% increase until 120 when it gets closer to a 7-10% bump. It carries on like that from most of the skills that are stand alone increase( skills that don't required a skill like eval, spirit speak, Etc to increase damage) every 5.5= 5-8% after GM.. =^-^=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Donavon, you mean 240-270 damage with just lighning strike at 120 Bush, or with some buffs? The other question is at 120 Bushi, is there still a spam of feint, def stances, confidence, whirlwind against a single target, and occasional LS at 240? Does Bush 120 help save mana?
Also does Bushi LS stack with armor ignore?
(PS: We need skill gates at N.Haven to make everyones life easier)

Thank you for your fantastic work.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
good evening, Celticus, The 240-270 lighten strike are from the hiryu using Grasping Claw to lower the targets phy resist.. then the added bonus damage from it being at all 120 skills.. when those 2 over lap ya will see some truly high numbers.. it also buffs the armor ignore too.. Moves that are built into the bush AI will see a nice increase in effectiveness(like feint,D stance, evade, conf, Whirl,LS) as ya reach 120 as well.. You will see the AI of bush get super defense if you pet drops below 50% until it evades, and conf.s its way back to the 80% mark.. then it gets abit more offensive again.. Sadly the Lighten strike will not stack and fire the same time as a armor ignore.. but they can fire back to back to each other for some impressive burst...Bush as a whole kind of saves mana.. as the moves for it are far cheaper on mana Vs other schools of magic.. so when it fires off a few bush chains moves it allows your pet to regen mana back for the more costly moves like armor ignore... Hope this helps, Mate.. if ya have any more questions feel free to ask. =^-^=

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to add armor ignore to my lesser hiryu after i put bushido on him, but it wouldn't let me do it

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The skill healing its self no.. but bush has moves like conf that gives it 102ish hp ever sec for 10 sec at 120.. and chivi will heal a hiryu for 50-70 at 120.