• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido / DCI question

T

thamantii

I read someone saying not to use a shield if you have bushido. I don't understand why you wouldnt want to.

Also, is there a DCI cap? I'm currently working on a suit and hope to get it with REALLY high DCI so that i get hit a hell of a lot less.

Thanks for your help!

C

Connor_Graham

I read someone saying not to use a shield if you have bushido. I don't understand why you wouldnt want to.
If you have Bushido, equipping a shield lowers your parry chance by 35% (or 30% in the case of 1 handed weapon) to only a 5% chance to parry, as opposed to a 40% chance to parry with a 2 handed weapon, and a 35% chance with a 1 handed weapon.

Also, is there a DCI cap? I'm currently working on a suit and hope to get it with REALLY high DCI so that i get hit a hell of a lot less.

Thanks for your help!
The cap for DCI is 45% but you can overcap it to account for being hit by HLD.

E

eolsunder

Bushido skill and shields conflict with each other, the bushido skill is purposely made to work without shields, so equiping a shield will make your parry ability worse.

Bushido is made to work parry using your weapon instead.

So the main 2 types of defensive parry characters are the basic parry warrior type who uses a weapon and shield, and the bushido character who uses their weapon to parry.

Both have benefits and drawbacks. The bushido character gains the benefits of greater defense without needing a shield. The basic parry warrior doesn't benefit from the bushido moves, but gains the defensive (or offensive) abilities that a shield can provide.

Both are good depending on your play style. There are some very excellent old school shields that can grant huge bonus's to a warrior, but bushido is an excellent skill in itself. Just pick which you like.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would take bushido not only do you get ability to parry but you get perfection and other abilities!

as for dci if you can get 70 dci or better it will nulify all HLD

K

Kula

I'll assume you're new and that your template is pretty raw right now so I would suggest that you not juice up too much on DCI to tackle skittering hoppers.