• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing/Boats Bulletin Boards in Private Houses

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure, if it is a bug or not. But I think if an item has granted security for everyone and is next tile to any player character, it should be usable, independent from the status of the house.
Special case 1: Bulletin Board
If a bulletin board is locked down on the outer wall of a private home, and is toggled free for everyone, the private status of the house should not block access for non friended characters.
Special case 2: Secure chest on stairs
Some people wish to donate stuff to passing by persons. So they put a secure container on the outer stairs of a house and set security to anyone.
But as soon as the house is private, a container with access for everyone is considered as "secure".
Special case 3: 12th anniversary mailbox
This item has been designed with the fact in mind to allow non friended characters to drop stuff for the owner of the house, just as a regular mailbox. Wonderful, but this does no longer work, if the house is secure.
I could not test runebooks, crystal portals etc, but I assume the behavior is the same.
(Btw. whoever came up with the design to default runebook security to house owner only, did not really understand the sense of locked down runebooks or did not care about player inconveniences. Reading should always be possible, only using charges should be restricted.)

In my opinion the container/item security should override the private status of the house in cases like in those examples. I think sometimes owners of private houses wonder, why there is nobody ever posting on their bulletin boards, which are near the door outside.

*Salute*
Olahorand