• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Bulk Coal Ore

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have been holding on to this for far too long and now its time to let it go.

I have 400 coal ore for sale located on Atlantic.

I will take the first reasonable offer. Please no joke offers...

ICQ# 111881853

Attachments

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I do no know how you got that amount of ore.
But I just wanted to say that that ore is not the original coal ore.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks more like shadow iron thats missing a tag.

can you post with shadow iron and that ore side by side?

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its not the christmas gift coal ore which had the tag "Coal Ore". It was the type you could mine before they had shadow iron. I will try to find some shadow iron to compare.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

I have been a smith and a miner since the start of UO.
And I did not receive any other ore than iron before all the new ore was introduced.

Regards
The Scandinavian

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well if its not coal there a bloody lot of it for sale with the ....olde coal tag...so pllease someone decide if its real or a scam..and yes i bought one....is it trash??? is it another rares fest scam???

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well if its not coal there a bloody lot of it for sale with the ....olde coal tag...so pllease someone decide if its real or a scam..and yes i bought one....is it trash??? is it another rares fest scam???
This has been circulating in UO as coal ore for well over 8 years. If this is a scam its a damn good one! I have had this ore sitting in my bank for 6 years. Im not able to find any shadow iron ore to compare with but it looks very similar to the coal ingots I have that I know are real.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a time when you were able to remove the ore type tag and along with leather too... I have piles of verite/valorite ore that just says ore.

It is the same exploit used to revert items to their original names, example birds/feathers/lucky coin version of eye of newt/two toned versions of roll of string etc etc etc

The one posted above definitely is not the original coal from xmas.

LOTS of exploit items at the fest right now be cautious.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

Christmas coal ore has a tag that says coal,not coal ore.Only coal.
It is not possible to lockdown the coal ore.

I have run around and checked vendors and auction.
I found 2 vendors and one auction with ore for sale,none of them have correct tag,none of them advertise the ore as chrismas coal ore.
But all of them has a selling note that says coal.
The one at auction was lockdowned ofcourse.

About the colour.
I did only check one of the vendors and that one have the same colour as the coal tagged ore.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Even if it isn't coal ore, it is a relic from the past. You could say it is "pre-patched" because modern shadow iron has the tag beneath it.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are screen shots of the coal in the naughty bag.

I mined up some shadow to see if they look different. The shadow iron ore is shown in the bottom row.

BlissMarie

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can we compare the so called coal ore to the 2 above?? pretty sure the so called ore i bought does look like the darker coal rather than te shadow...alas i hate being ripped off...lol....oh well....tis uo

i was under the impression all coal was turned to ...ore when the cooured metals were introduced...as viergedarkmoon suggests

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also i think the "coal" ore is hued shadow dancer black (tested with Pinco's EC interface) and shadow ingots are, well Shadow in the hue mod so the two are different

and if the naughty bag "coal" is still tagged "coal" then there is another type

one thing its not, is a kind of pre patch shadow different hues!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this stuff and the blood tiles on the silent auction reminds me to a guy named crazyninja

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Flash,

yes you are right.UO love to reuse colours.

Shadow dancer black is the same colour as coal tagged ore and ore without tag sold by Viergedarkmoon.

And for all of you ore/ingot lovers I can say that shadow colour is the same as the darkest of the old black/blue npc ingots.

the crazy amount of coal ingots that suddenly arrived some time ago came from a glitch,bug,exploit that let people make a lot of ore and then smelt it to coal ingots.

Regards
The Scandinavian