• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Build suggestion - Rune Bettle

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone please give me advice for this nice 87.06% (3 Slot) rune bettle?

These are the start stats:

1619973733341.png

what abut this templete?:
1619973817511.png

this is my first rune bettle build. I read that if you add magery mastery you lost posinoning.
I can use 120 magery and eval intell anyway or its waste of point?

hope to have some advice :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No real point putting 120 Magery on it. Magery skill only boosts it's Greater Heals (which they rarely use), Cure Chance, and success rate of Poison spell (they already inflict Lethal with their melee).
Instead, bring the Wrest higher to 120. Put 5 SR on it if you can too.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No real point putting 120 Magery on it. Magery skill only boosts it's Greater Heals (which they rarely use), Cure Chance, and success rate of Poison spell (they already inflict Lethal with their melee).
Instead, bring the Wrest higher to 120. Put 5 SR on it if you can too.
thx @PlayerSkillFTW :) , so 120 Wrest and 5 on ST Regen.

Do I also remove Eval Intelligence?
Meditation and Focus its ok to 115 or better 120?
and what about adding Parrying/Tactics and Anatomy?

thanks!

1620022039860.png

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wouldnt it be good to bring strength up slightly higher too? Higher per hit dmg, even if you dont have AI.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldnt it be good to bring strength up slightly higher too? Higher per hit dmg, even if you dont have AI.
yes I know, unfortunately the available points are those (even if the starting base was good 87% intensity!) and I tried to have a balanced pet

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Rune beetle has a bit of a tough time due to bleed, which cannot be taken off. Magery imo is a waste on most pets. One potential benefit of rune beetle is their damage type which has 70% energy. I created a couple rune beetle to exploit lowering energy resist using CB, runic corruption, disco and onslaught. I took magery off as its a waste of mana by going magery master then back to poisoning. They actually do pretty well, however it just makes more sense to use fire beetle or giant beetle because they dont have bleed/poisoning, are rideable and keep RC up better. Still a fun pet tho.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I went with a discord/rune corruption support build on my Rune Beetle. I probably could have farmed a higher intensity one but I was lazy.

Disco RC Rune Beetle.JPG

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rune beetle has a bit of a tough time due to bleed, which cannot be taken off. Magery imo is a waste on most pets. One potential benefit of rune beetle is their damage type which has 70% energy. I created a couple rune beetle to exploit lowering energy resist using CB, runic corruption, disco and onslaught. I took magery off as its a waste of mana by going magery master then back to poisoning. They actually do pretty well, however it just makes more sense to use fire beetle or giant beetle because they dont have bleed/poisoning, are rideable and keep RC up better. Still a fun pet tho.
I agree. I love my RC/AP fire beetle.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree. I love my RC/AP fire beetle.
Yep, i use a RC+AP Fire Beetle on my Disco/Tamer when group hunting. I can pair it with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage's © Disco+CB Triton for massive debuffs. 120 Disco+RC+CB+AP+DR+HLA+HLD, and bosses melt like butter with a group on them. Energy Damage in particular is nasty then.

If i'm just duoing my Disco/Tamer with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage ©, then my Disco/Tamer will use a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Energy Platinum Drake to take advantage of the CB from the Triton. His auto attacks hit almost as hard as AI during CB against most foes then. Tempted to make a 120 Chiv+AP 100% Energy Drake due to that.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yep, i use a RC+AP Fire Beetle on my Disco/Tamer when group hunting. I can pair it with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage's © Disco+CB Triton for massive debuffs. 120 Disco+RC+CB+AP+DR+HLA+HLD, and bosses melt like butter with a group on them. Energy Damage in particular is nasty then.

If i'm just duoing my Disco/Tamer with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage ©, then my Disco/Tamer will use a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Energy Platinum Drake to take advantage of the CB from the Triton. His auto attacks hit almost as hard as AI during CB against most foes then. Tempted to make a 120 Chiv+AP 100% Energy Drake due to that.
If your just playing with your disco and death ray tamer it might not be worth the effort to build a whole new pet. You would have to test it but id imagine the damage wouldnt change all that much in either direction. Could be nice though when your grouping up. My energy drake doesnt have anything except chiv and dragon breath. I left enough points for AP but havent put it on because I get it from my archer or one of the beetles i usually play with. When everything is stacked up, cb, rc, onslaught, disco, dr, then a plain chiv energy drake is the highest damaging pet in the game. Perhaps a fire drake could give it a run for the money with all the fire debuffs stacked. Ive got to get a chiv fire drake fully trained up. While inferno only does -25% the fact the beetles are 100% fire and corpse skin can drop lower as well prolly makes it a better setup than the energy debuffing one.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Another setup that I havent seen mentioned on the threads thats worthy of note is using giant beetles with rc/ap and grasping claw pets to drop phys resist. While this cannot drop resists nearly the way that energy or fire can be reduced its not all that hard to get really nice legendary physical double axes. My sampe has a 70 stam leech, 100 mana leech, 81 life leech, 30 hit fatigue, 50 hit mana drain, 6 mana regen, 5 lmc double axe that really makes the mob struggle for stam and mana. Ive been using hiryus for grasping claw, prolly a better alternative but still fun to have a utility for my hiryus.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another setup that I havent seen mentioned on the threads thats worthy of note is using giant beetles with rc/ap and grasping claw pets to drop phys resist. While this cannot drop resists nearly the way that energy or fire can be reduced its not all that hard to get really nice legendary physical double axes. My sampe has a 70 stam leech, 100 mana leech, 81 life leech, 30 hit fatigue, 50 hit mana drain, 6 mana regen, 5 lmc double axe that really makes the mob struggle for stam and mana. Ive been using hiryus for grasping claw, prolly a better alternative but still fun to have a utility for my hiryus.
I would suggest a pack of five 1 slot Blood Foxes to use as Grasping Claw pets to pair with your RC+AP Giant Beetle that's tanking, but 1 slot Blood Foxes were the result of the stat exploit, and can't be obtained anymore. One of my guildies has a pack of Blood Foxes, and they completely tear apart low Phys Res opponents, which made them King for killing the Invasion Generals, even better than my five 1 slot Wolf Spider pack.

Kiddo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, but what is a Energy Dragon/ Fire Dragon? Normal Dragons trained a special way?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry, but what is a Energy Dragon/ Fire Dragon? Normal Dragons trained a special way?
There are Crimson Drakes and Platinum Drakes that come in the four types of elemental damage.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would suggest a pack of five 1 slot Blood Foxes to use as Grasping Claw pets to pair with your RC+AP Giant Beetle that's tanking, but 1 slot Blood Foxes were the result of the stat exploit, and can't be obtained anymore. One of my guildies has a pack of Blood Foxes, and they completely tear apart low Phys Res opponents, which made them King for killing the Invasion Generals, even better than my five 1 slot Wolf Spider pack.
Lol, well theres zero chance of me getting one slot blood foxes. With that said the one set up I still havent messed with is the 5 wolf spiders. Im in the process of planning another tamer and am going to make him for 5 slot wolf spiders. Plan will be magery, med, focus, taming, lore, vet. This will allow me to get vet off my other char when playing with him. Any alternative build advice would be appreciated.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, well theres zero chance of me getting one slot blood foxes. With that said the one set up I still havent messed with is the 5 wolf spiders. Im in the process of planning another tamer and am going to make him for 5 slot wolf spiders. Plan will be magery, med, focus, taming, lore, vet. This will allow me to get vet off my other char when playing with him. Any alternative build advice would be appreciated.
I have a Disco/Tamer with five skill trained 1 slot Wolf Spiders that i'll pair with a 4x120 Bard/Mage. The Disco/Tamer runs "As One" on the Wolf Spiders to split their damage taken, while the 4x120 Bard/Mage runs Inspire/Invigorate (Provo Mastery) to buff and heal up all the Wolf Spiders. With "As One" splitting the damage taken between the five Wolf Spiders, and "Invigorate" healing them all back up, they were able to take on even Frost Dragons and Ancient Wyrms during the Town Invasions. The only danger to them was AoE damage such as Generals using Frenzied Whirlwind. Against lower Physical Resist opponents, they deal absurd amounts of damage then. My pack of Wolf Spiders was dealing 500-600 total damage every 1.25 secs to Invasion Generals with that setup, easily out damaging everyone else but my guildie's 5x Blood Fox setup.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seems easier to just bring two tamers with strong 5 slot pets to deal damage, than risk one wolf spider dying to accidental FWW.

Also bloodfoxes is an edgecase considering they are exploited. The builds that are interesting should be something that is attainable through normal means.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems easier to just bring two tamers with strong 5 slot pets to deal damage, than risk one wolf spider dying to accidental FWW.

Also bloodfoxes is an edgecase considering they are exploited. The builds that are interesting should be something that is attainable through normal means.
120 Chiv+AI 5 slot pets were only dealing 200-240 damage every 1.25 secs to the Generals. The Wolf Spiders were doing more than twice that (500-600), and that's not counting the 30-40 damage Lethal Poison ticks against the Generals, or how casters were kept on the defense spamming Cure due to the Lethal Poison spam. One FWW wasn't enough to kill the Wolf Spider pack, but multiple in short order would. Very few Generals could do that.
In situations where the highest damager gets the reward (such as the Invasion Spellbooks), i was practically guaranteed the drop due to the damage output of those spiders against the Generals.

I'm experimenting with how a 4 pack of Wolf Spiders performs on TC. One Wolf Spider is leveled to 2 slots for more Resists and Armor Pierce, and the three others are 1 slot. The 2 slot Wolf Spider is pulled out of the stables first, so it ends up being the primary tank when saying "All Kill". With 80 Physical/80 Fire/70+ Energy Resist, it takes far less damage when hit, which is lowered even further when split to the other 3 Wolf Spiders (they end up taking less damage as well due to the main tank's resists).
I tried experimenting with a 2 slot Wolf Spider with Slashing, but they don't seem to use Onslaught at all (wanted the Physical Resist debuff, to try to mimic Grasping Claw), so that was a bust. With 4 Wolf Spiders, the Pack Instinct Bonus is +75% Damage, instead of the +100% Damage of a 5 pack, hence why i put AP on the Tank spider to try to compensate for that.

The 4x120 Bard/Mage could also utilize a leveled Vollem with Armor Pierce as well, for more damage output. The combo of a Tamer with a 5x Wolf Spider pack and a 4x120 Bard/Mage running Inspire/Invigorate with an AP Vollem would deal absurd amounts of damage against lower Physical Resist foes (around 50% or less Phys Res), more than 2 Tamers using 120 Chiv+AI pets. Against high Phys Res opponents though, the 120 Chiv+AI pets would win out. Different tools for different situations.

Last edited: