• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs that need fixing

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Classic Client, I don't know if it is a bug but it only started after the last pub. 77. In house customize mode my game will freeze up. Every time. It is one of the only things I still use Classic Client for, and now I can't even count on it. What happens is the background flashes, like that weird plant change you see if you stand in one place for a long while. Little scenery changes ( one bush becomes a different type, mushroom, flowers etc ). Then my char kind of skips a tile as he walks. Then the game freezes.

2. Enhanced Client - don't even think about using the moving crate to get items out of it. Game will freeze up and go into non-responsive mode. For this I am absolutely forced to use Classic Client. I believe it to be related to item 3, below.

3. Enhanced Client- open a container once, you're fine. Close it and then open it again, and you start to have problems. The game freezes and it seems the lag to open the container is based on how many items are inside it. On my Tokuno ship I have to frequently empty the hold of fish if I don't want to stand around 5 minutes waiting for my hold to open.

4. Enhanced Client- Laggy house customize mode, and you don't get as many options as you get with Classic Client. Tell me why the game is moving backwards in this respect?

5. Enhanced Client ( not tested in Classic )- if I have a ship rune in my runebook and I recall to it, it un sets my default rune. I have to set my house rune as default over again every time. I thought this bug was fixed a while back, but it looks like maybe not. Either that or the classic theme of " Fix, Pub, Unfix " is still going on.

Editing in adds:

6. In Enhanced Client, the game just randomly closes when I am moving, mounted or not. There doesn't seem to be a reason. I am doing nothing but walking, running, or riding on screen when it happens. Been going on for over a year.

7. Enhanced Client - Empty pitchers sold on NPCs are displaying with the name "water pitcher". When I buy one, it says Empty Pitcher like it is supposed to.

8. My blue dragon scales read "Sea Serpent Scales". Thought that was supposed ot be that way. That isn't my problem, my problem is that I can't deed it with a commodity deed. I get a message "that is not a commodity the bankers will fill a deed with". So looks like I'm hoofing them the old fashioned way til it's fixed.

Wasn't sure where else to post these. If it needs to be moved, sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this helps the devs.

Last edited:

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9. Enhanced Client - bad glitch here and so far random. I have had it happen 3 times. The first time, my backpack which had been open, disappeared from my screen completely. No little icons anywhere. I resized and moved things around but could not find it. I could not re-open it either, as the icon in both paperdoll and menu bar both highlighted blue to indicate it was already open. The icons wouldn't close them, either. I paged a GM on this one, being a serious one. They registered that it was already open and were unable to help me. The only piece of advice that worked was to delete my char's information file. And that forced me to remake all my macros and hotbars once I logged back in.

This happened again with a pet bar, the next day. I think stabling it fixed that one.

Today, I lost my character sheet. The one with all my stats and everything. It just vanished when I clicked it. It still highlights blue as being open. I can't re open it ( it won't close/come unhighlighted) . I think I will end up having to delete the char file yet again. This is a huge PITA. I like the ease of using the character sheet to build suits but I hate having to go through the process of remaking my macros. - What I ended up doing that didn't work for the backpack issue, was re-sizing my whole game window. This forces the paperdoll to close, in turn forcing the stat sheet shut. I was able to reopen it afterward.

Last edited:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EC UI.
If you have new containers open and scaled to a large size, and use a macro to switch to legacy containers, they can leave behind a drag-able gump the size of the scaled new container.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug is now back, as of the latest patch:

1. Classic Client, I don't know if it is a bug but it only started after the last pub. 77. In house customize mode my game will freeze up. Every time. It is one of the only things I still use Classic Client for, and now I can't even count on it. What happens is the background flashes, like that weird plant change you see if you stand in one place for a long while. Little scenery changes ( one bush becomes a different type, mushroom, flowers etc ). Then my char kind of skips a tile as he walks. Then the game freezes.