• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs and how to fix them

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the common bugs I know of that make people initially dislike EC when they try it, are the following. I will add more as I encounter them.

1. Your character is bumping into invisible objects, when you try to open a corpse you are standing on you get a "I can't reach that" message, monsters seem to be fixated on a spot a couple tiles away from you, etc.

Fix- Open your paperdoll. Your character will snap back to where it's supposed to be. In fact, set a hotkey to toggle your paperdoll so it's quick and easy.

2. You Cannot Pick That Up. You can't seem to pick up or move anything. this bug comes from trying to drag consecutive things, such as moving deeds from one container to another as fast as possible. What is happening is that one of the items is invisibly stuck in your hand, which comes from tryintg to pick something else up before the item in your hand was deposited where you placed it.

Fix- (quickly) drag something that is in your pack to an adjacent vacant square. This will drop the item that is invisibly stuck in your hand to the vacant square, and the item you tried to move will snap back to where you tried to move it from.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I concur with the fix noted above, but the cause may be different. It almost seems as though the client is getting overloaded with keystrokes and pauses to catch up. Sort of like when you hold a key on the keyboard too long and the 'puter just beeps at you until you release it.

Opening the paperdoll may be a solution, but I don't think this should be happening in the first place.

Thanks!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
2. You Cannot Pick That Up. You can't seem to pick up or move anything. this bug comes from trying to drag consecutive things, such as moving deeds from one container to another as fast as possible. What is happening is that one of the items is invisibly stuck in your hand, which comes from tryintg to pick something else up before the item in your hand was deposited where you placed it.

Fix- (quickly) drag something that is in your pack to an adjacent vacant square. This will drop the item that is invisibly stuck in your hand to the vacant square, and the item you tried to move will snap back to where you tried to move it from.
Dosnt seem to work for me at times, having to relog into the game.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an Action you can add to a bar to Drop what you are currently holding....

Ebe

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have to post this bc these 2 things are driving me crazy.
1 whenever I drag something to my backpack and let go it auto picks up my pack and I start moving it with my cursor. Everyrime. Drives me nuts.
2 and most importantly you can follow someone with the EC. PLEASE fix this.

Ebe

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm a returning player and those are enough to make me want to log at times.