• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Buggy Name for Niter Deposits?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mining for saltpeter tonight on Balhae, I mined up what should have been called a "massive niter deposit." However, both the label on the deposit itself and the message in the journal referred to it as a "clumsy niter deposit."

Edited to add: The deposit renamed itself, as expected, as a "huge niter deposit," "large niter deposit," and "small niter deposit" as it decreased in size. Haven't hit a gigantic one yet tonight to see if it has been renamed.

Another edit: If a "huge niter deposit" spawns inside of a hillside so you need to use Control-Shift to locate it, the label on the deposit shows up as "huge niter deposit"; however, the text in the journal refers to it as a "clumpsy deposit of niter." (And by the way, once you know the deposit is in the hillside because you're paying attention to the messages that show up in your journal as you're walking along and mining and make the deposit show up just one time using Control Shift to mine it the first time, it is no problem at all to mine the deposits inside a hillside using a Last Object / Last Target macro, just like any other spot you want to mine! I also use Control-Shift periodically as I mine where I might possibly get niter deposits just to make sure I didn't miss any hidden deposits. It's really just a matter of paying attention to find them.)

Last edited: