• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug with alliances and VvV

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't check the button in VvV but I get the messages in the towns warning me if I stay I can be attacked.??
is VvV automatic and we have to turn it off? or does it just apply to everyone as we do not have tram

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plus I am no long in an alliance I use to be in. the old alliance members are orange

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It look like you stayed a little to long in a town with war zone. You have to die to a VvV to get blue again.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I too got the warning window and the YOU ARE NOW ATTACKABLE, but my character was not tagged perma orange, because I didn't hang around to see. I think the problem here is, non VvV players are getting that message and they chose to continue to stealth around town and ignore it, and now they're orange because of it. When you see the warning, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. Pvprs complained about blue healers/blockers etc, and this was clearly the way to combat that. So simple, leave when you see the message, dont think you have time to go ahead and complete your trader quest. Come back later and complete it, or become orange.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
At least give us a chance to see ourselves orange instead of someone telling us we are.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
plus I am no long in an alliance I use to be in. the old alliance members are orange
The VvV system kinda kicked you out. Talk to Hoffs when you see him ingame.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't know if they got it fixed, think I heard some guilds with inactive alliance leaders was added back in the alliance.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's sort of a tough call. I feel for the innocents that are affected by being in town when VvV kicks in. But on the other hand I can also see half a dozen ways to exploit the VvV system with a short timer on oranges who weren't VvV when they entered town.

Quite a conundrum.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well who'd have thought
Well bless my soul
Well who'd have known
Well who indeed
And who'd have guessed they'd just turn orange on their own
It's so peculiar
We'll wait and see
a few days more
There may be someone orange that wasn't orange before
You know perhaps there's someone orange that wasn't orange before
There may be someone orange that wasn't orange before

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this hasn't been fixed, do what a lot of old thieves did when perma grey was part of the game. Bank your loot and suicide yourself. Not sure if you'll go into stat lose...but it is a way to take care of the orange...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if they go into stat loss; it's only 2 minutes long. I don't think that'll ruin anybody's lumberjacking.