• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug w/ bone demon & getting gold skull?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I collected 1000 bones, put them on the quest person, summoned the bone demon. I died twice killing him thinking I was supposed to use my undead slayer :/ I put on my demon slayer killed him in about a minute.

Double click the corpse and there is a crap load of items, no gold skull in my pack, no gold skull in the corpse. Unloaded my entire backpack, moved everything in my bank box into a bag, not in either. Closed backpack, reopened it, logged out & back in.

Has this been an ongoing issue or did I screw something up "somehow".

C

Connor_Graham

If you left to get rezzed then you don't get the skull. If you leave Doom at any time before the daemon is dead you lose.

C

Connor_Graham

Anytime, but you know it was never meant to be easy to get the skulls. That's why that rule is part of the quest.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, this change was instituted about 3-4 years ago (about leaving ending your quest). Partially, it was because of a bug that allowed some people to get dozens of skulls for the bones you'd use, solo, to get one.

This isn't something new, so the "lamer & lamer" comment is unwarranted. If you want to talk lame, then consider what the change fixed - THAT exploit was lame.