• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug Please Fix

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Garden Shed roof grows through raised garden bed. The shed is supposed to be one floor below!
How am I going to see the middle row of plants?
It's a bug. Please fix @Bleak. Suggested fix would be to make the garden shed model less than one floor in height.
UO_ShedThroughFloor.jpg

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A lot of items in UO are taller than one floor, and so they poke through the floor above … many wall art pieces, for example, and you can’t lower them so that they aren’t visible … you adjust your deco to compensate

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its a garden shed.
not a 2nd floor shed.
you can just look at the garden shed and you know its gonna poke through a ceiling, its hella tall!
this is not a bug at all.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Still a bug.
Lord Denthe's Journal. I picked one up at Shimmering Effusion this year. It's stuck in my backpack. I can't get rid of it.
@Bleak @Misk Please fix.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can just look at the garden shed and you know its gonna poke through a ceiling, its hella tall!
this is not a bug at all.
It's a bug. When you place it, it should be checking three dimensions, not just the floor X,Y.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You need to post about bugs on the official forum. Still no guarantee they will do anything but posting this here will not help at all unfortunately.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of items in UO are taller than one floor, and so they poke through the floor above … many wall art pieces, for example, and you can’t lower them so that they aren’t visible … you adjust your deco to compensate
Not so fun but exactly this. Have to hang a picture and see if it goes up to the next floor.

If I have a really nice one that does that. I make a wall on the N wall on the roof and hang them there.
Or put some items on the floor that are tall enough to cover the show through.

Last edited:

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or put some items on the floor that are tall enough to cover the show through.
This is often the best workaround.

Another option is to put gozas where the garden bed will be and raise them to see if you can place the garden bed above the offending roof.
If you can, you could then use short stone walls or stone blocks underneath the south and east edges to make the garden bed look like it is sitting on the stonework. Although based on the height of the garden shed, this may not be an effective solution.