• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brit Bank in Atlantic is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mairut

Yay! :love:
The moongate wasn't put in, but EM Kanmare said that they *might* still do that.

I'll be getting some photos up as soon as I get them cropped and in Photobucket.

Anyone else who got photos is welcome to put them in this thread, as well as any comments...so long as the comments are in good taste (please).

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one of Draconi when he popped out for 2 seconds to make a comment to me :D was well chuffed he said it was a good idea after i said the hitching post should be usable.
:D was well please :D

So the stable does work, either say it or click the post :D

K

Kula

err let's get a screenshot of the bank for those of us who don't want to make a char to go see it :D

M

Mairut

Here's some of the better pictures I got.

The Steps going in right after the grass was added

Water being added

Floating Water Tiles

Somebody got kicked off the roof :p Dex was stuck there for a little while...hehe

I guess Draconi got tired off us being on roof and everywhere else, so he threw us all in one spot.

Draconi on his lunch break...he had added the lunch basket

I don't remember getting this pic of Draconi *plays freaky alien music*

Re-opening of the Rooftop

From Draconi

I'm trying to find my pictures of the EMs. They didn't get saved to my desktop like the other photos :(

*Edit*
I found the one I got of EM Kanmare!

I'm still searching for the other pic :(

B

Bc-

*claps*

Very cool stuff, I love how interactive this is, reminds me of the old days with the seer ran quests. I can't remember the Lichs name but I remember fighting a seer controlled lich in Trinsic during one invasion.. man that was fun.

Very cool and a great step in the right direction of community planning. Do you have a RUP degree Draconi? :D

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if the bank is now LEED accredited. I mean, its about as green as you can get! :D

G

GhostGL

I caught one fish and a pair of boots off it! I wonder when he'll be doing Greatlakes.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda makes me wonder. Did people vote for the design, or for the gate? :/

L

Luna Lagger

Wow, this design doesn't look that great, did only 1 person enter?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this design doesn't look that great, did only 1 person enter?
Aw thats not very nice on Vlad, but your probaly right even though its the most populated shard...

i was a lil naughty when i turned up while draconi was building it hehe

right from under his nose... But then i am a theif.... La

EDIT* No your not getting it back :p

M

Mairut

Kinda makes me wonder. Did people vote for the design, or for the gate? :/
Wow! I didn't know there was a vote on it... :-?

The gate was supposed to be considered a plus. Doesn't look like they're going to put it in, but I'm not too bummed about it.

C

Crack Head Bob

Looks nice, just a little problem. Part of the stairs dont work.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! I didn't know there was a vote on it... :-?
I... I honestly can't remember...

But since you mention it, I'm pretty sure the dev's chose the design.

... Move along people, nothing to see here... :D

R

Ravahan

rtl

Yeah, it looks a bit cluttered on here, but its actually pretty nice when you're there. Its perfect for bank sitting... Something in the spirit of old Haven.

I like it.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow no public arcane circle? Guess there goes any hope for weavers wanting to circle at a semi-public place...go figure.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw thats not very nice on Vlad, but your probaly right even though its the most populated shard...

First, its spelled "thief".

Second, im sure it'll be confiscated the moment its displayed publicly, and I hope you get a temp ban for your stubbornness. Getting a rare item from a screwy map patch (like a daily or original true rare) is fine.. taking one out from under a dev working on his day off to make a bank prettier for the general public (as well as finishing the promised prize of an official contest) isn't.

Anyway, figured I should point out that most of the water edge pieces have sunken into the grass.. really detracts from the look of the thing. Hopefully it can be fixed properly.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

thats funny stuff, hope they dont take it from ya

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
We had a guy jack the marble table from the Wedding area. Yeah the GMS were all over him within 48hours and that thing was gone hehe.

If he was smart he wouldnt have posted a pic and wouldnt have said anything and in Five months sold it heheheh

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is there a river on the roof how does the water get up there?

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need pics of the EMs with that Very attractive thief, Aaron...He produced some very interesting conversation pieces! Although he was still scammed in the end.

colonel41

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job!!! Sadly everyone is back at Luna Bank... MAybe we should design Luna Bank too...

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, all i have to say is WTF no Gate?
Always gotta be some punk saying wtf......

I say leave the gate out,........reason being...It just spoils the players more and more. Getting around used to be part of UO, now, heaven forbid, someone can't recall to a spot, they cry nerf and revert.

Bank looks good too, at least the exterior does......inside coulda used a mr drysdale or miss hathaway.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chessy bank is gonna look 1000000000000000000000x better :)

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I avoid Luna if I can. Brit is usually my first choice of banks, then Vesper and Skara. As of today, that changes. Brit will not be among the top 5 banks I choose to visit in game. It looks horrific. There is too much going on and why is grass on the roof, never mind a fountain. No offense to Vlad, I just dislike this design and a little bit more of the game has died for me.

G

GhostGL

Yeah! I mean people don't hangout in Luna cause theres a moongate right there or anything. Heck Luna is always dead.

I say leave the gate out,........reason being...It just spoils the players more and more. Getting around used to be part of UO, now, heaven forbid, someone can't recall to a spot, they cry nerf and revert.

Bank looks good too, at least the exterior does......inside coulda used a mr drysdale or miss hathaway.

PorkChopSammiches

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first time some invasion spawn crops up, everyone will be crammed back into Luna and forget this exists. Way to go UO.

PorkChopSammiches

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never mind, there are still more people in Luna even now. May as well have decorated Minoc bank or something. *sigh*

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to outright destroy Luna... just remove the stable, minter, banker, innkeeper, and town crier NPCs and things will quiet down, aside from the typical player vendor shoppers.

T

The Home Guild

i'm in favor for the gate putting in at brit.
Bring more player there like it used to have and get away from overrated luna.
ty.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*imagines Thunderz returning home with his prize to find a bare foundation where his house used to be along with a note saying "two can play this game"* :)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You bet sport, If you do not like the option of recall and gate feel free to waste all your game time walking.

The whole point was to help revitalize wwb.

Without the added function of a gate, stable master and Arcane circle why even bother? Within a week the banks will be deserted again.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like your typical waterfall obsessed custom house. Not fitting for a bank at all.

G

GreyPawn

Can anyone spot what's wrong with this picture?

If you said-
A) Why, GP, that bank has a waterfall on top of it!
B) There appears to be a campfire perched atop that financial institution.
C) Those wooden stairs are huge and ungainly.

You'd be right!

In what is perhaps one of the worst cliche's of UO's customizable housing system, the "roof garden with complimentary waterfall" is now permanently affixed to Atlantic's historically most frequented bank. Rather than accentuate what is by adding architectural elements suitable to an actual bank, the winner of the decoration contest (to which no ill will is meant) has repurposed the bulk of the bank as a babbling brook.

The destruction of immersion could not be more complete. Would you head off to Wells Fargo or CitiBank with your trusty fishin' pole, intent to catch yerself one of those elusive Red Pacific Northwest Salmon on the 14th floor? I hear tell that bankfish is a tasty supper. Know of anyone in any fantasy book, ever written, that roasted marshmellows on the rooftop of a fantasy kingdom's largest financial institution? You'd be hanging by the toenails before dawn.

To compound matters, the actual inside of the bank has not been touched. No, since its earliest inception way back yonder in beta, when orcs lurked precariously just over that western bridge, the innards of the bank seemed to sacrosanct to transform. Though perhaps this is a boon in disguise, as the cliche' which follows the infamous "rooftop waterfall" tends to be the "Hall of Monster Statuettes and Singing Crystal Balls" which would produce a chorus of screeching horror.

A request for recall of the WBB Deco has been raised in Atlantic's forums.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*imagines Thunderz returning home with his prize to find a bare foundation where his house used to be along with a note saying "two can play this game"* :)
Haha that would of been funny, *hopes he'd do a trade back*

:D

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That pic is so funny im glad you took the time to make it... the bank really doesn't need to look like a park, thats why we have parks.

D

Duke X. Winter

To all the nay sayers:

The Chicago City Hall
And look, it has a garden on the roof.

An article about the White House having a rooftop garden....here.

An article with several different rooftop gardens in Manhattan....here.

It's not unheard of to have them people. Everyone got a chance to design something. If you didn't take the chance, that's your fault. The design won. Deal with it.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of you have ever seen a skyscraper with a rooftop penthouse that has a garden and pond/fountain? I don't necessarily mean in person, either... I know I haven't seen one up close and personal but I sure as heck HAVE seen them.

Also, since when is it not normal for logic-defying and, indeed, "magical" things to happen in UO? One of the exhibits in Ultima 6's Britain Museum was a "magical fountain" that had no water source feeding it.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys can like it if u want, Alot of us think it looks like crap. Its not gonna change so I guess were all gonna talk alittle trash for a few days and still hang out at luna. Anyways they added the moongate by that black statue that you can hardly tell is a statue... but the moongate is only one way. The inside of the bank is starting to look alittle different as well.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course its only one way.. like I keep saying, it would have to be patched in to all shards to be a normal moongate. Did you miss the 20 or so times I said it could only be one way?

Status
Not open for further replies.