• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring The Guards Back To Towns On Siege Perilous....

Put The Guards Back Into The Npc Towns On Siege Perilous.

• Yes Put Them Back Please

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • No It's Part Of EA's Very Long Joke Of An Event...

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • This has to be fixed immeditally please it's ruining the server for our crafters...

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has greatly effected our crafter population. It pretty much driven everyone of them away because they can not go into these towns without the guards. They are not safe. This is not a shard like every other production shard we do not have a trammel here. The guard are what protects these people in the npc towns. They need to be brought back Immeditally. It's ruined a lot of players motivation to craft on our server.

H

Hugibear

Re: Bring The Guard Back To Towns On Siege Perilous....

How has the lack of guards in about 7-8 towns ruined the crafting population?
Can you not buy all the same stuff in other towns where the guards are on?
If you are crying about prices being better in faction towns and your crafter getting killed becuse the lack of gz, I would simple say risk vs reward. You took the reward of a better price and the risk of death.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Bring The Guard Back To Towns On Siege Perilous....

How has the lack of guards in about 7-8 towns ruined the crafting population?
Can you not buy all the same stuff in other towns where the guards are on?
If you are crying about prices being better in faction towns and your crafter getting killed becuse the lack of gz, I would simple say risk vs reward. You took the reward of a better price and the risk of death.
I do not care about the guards myself Hugi. I am not a crafter. From comments i've heard about others they do like to be able to go to certain towns. They have their runes marked out their ways of business they dont feel it shoudl be restricted because of this ever last event that has taken place that doesnt seem to be moving to quickly at all...

Have you seen many crafting vendor outs and about keeping their stuff stocked daily. I haven't most dont have the drive to anymore because of this crap has gone on. It's just ruining their way of playing Hugi. I dont see why you would encourage it. But regardless we need to bring but the non PVPers the NoN PvMers and bring back the heart of the crafters on Siege Perilous. They all slowly faded away because of the all these terrible changes that took place and no not having the guard is what im talken about their has been others as well. I dont see what the big deal is by putting them back in place to make a good amount of people happy within the server.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that guard zones should be restored on EVERY shard, not just siege.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though I don't have a faction char on siege I chose no. The reason for the no guard zones is due to the faction changes. Faction members need some way to cast fields. You run into issues with red faction members casting fields and random blue chars running into them.

Perhaps they could keep the guard zones and change the red vs blue flagging. As long as your fields work against other faction members. But then you run into an issue of non faction players working with a faction to control a town. Too many variables to look into for this so the easy solution was to remove the guard zones completely.

Perhaps they could add guard zones to certain hot spots in the towns like banks and area's less likely to see faction fighting. Faction fights in Britain can span from the castle to the sigil post and the Britain moongate. This wouldn't exactly "save" the siege players ability to buy resources and work in every location of a city but it could give you a possible escape route and a semi safe banking trip.

What other solutions can you think of to allow faction fighting and guard zones in faction ran towns?

L

Llwyd

Personally, I think it's a good idea, especially if those who play Seige really want new crafters and resource gathering types to join the shard.

I spent approximately two hours on Seige with a newbie miner. Was standing at Brit bank, putting my first few ingots away, when someone rode by and killed me. Then when I went to rez, the same guy came by and immediately killed me again. I realize this is all allowable with the Seige ruleset, but it convinced me that I had certainly wasted my time to start a crafter on Seige.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The guards aren't turned off in every town. Not sure why this is an issue.

H

Hugibear

Soul you believe it is the lack of guard zones that has driven away the pvmers and crafters. I think it is the cheating, scripting farming and speed hackin that has made most honest people say f-it. Funny I dont see you here trying to get help on those things, I wonder why?

If they turn back on the gz the need to move all faction bases out of guard zones. This is especially true for siege its not like we could all just log on another non red, non faction character. The 1 character per account kinda of makes that difficult.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl... thats exactly what I tought when Siege first started... I tried to create a character on the first day and I wasn't a noob.

I knew how to train.

But when I saw people already GM alchemist giving noobs the DP on the very first day... I tought.

Oh great. Then the speedhackers were as you say, running by and whammo, not even a hint of RP or even usefullness in killing, they didn't even loot ! Just went around like mindless automatons...

Then the rest were simply not there, true robots playing their char.

I tried hanging around for a week or so and tought I'd never step there again, because I tought, whats the goal of making it harder (I liked the idea) if people cheat out of it. And they did...

10 years of technological improvement later, they still do ?! This is ridiculous...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Though I don't have a faction char on siege I chose no. The reason for the no guard zones is due to the faction changes. Faction members need some way to cast fields. You run into issues with red faction members casting fields and random blue chars running into them.
That's the price for being red, you are not safe anywhere. Why not move faction out of the towns. On Siege we do not have 2 set of the towns so the non faction blue is losing their towns.

Perhaps they could keep the guard zones and change the red vs blue flagging. As long as your fields work against other faction members. But then you run into an issue of non faction players working with a faction to control a town. Too many variables to look into for this so the easy solution was to remove the guard zones completely.[/quote]

Maybe let fields works different in town. If a blue, red non faction cast fields in town, it will only hurt warring enemies (guildwar), greys and chars flaged on them.
If a faction player cast fields, it will hurt factions enemies, warring enemies (guildwar), greys and chars flaged on them.
This way fields from non factions won't hurt reds unless they already are flaged to the caster or the caster do target them or are in war with them.
Also red factions players spell won't hurt non factions players unless they already are flaged to the caster or the caster do target them or are in war with them.

Perhaps they could add guard zones to certain hot spots in the towns like banks and area's less likely to see faction fighting. Faction fights in Britain can span from the castle to the sigil post and the Britain moongate. This wouldn't exactly "save" the siege players ability to buy resources and work in every location of a city but it could give you a possible escape route and a semi safe banking trip.
I really want Faction moved away from the centre of the towns. Move it to places without shops and release brit castle and move the stronghold to somewhere else. On Siege we only have one brit castle and it belong to all, not only faction!

What other solutions can you think of to allow faction fighting and guard zones in faction ran towns?
Why do faction have to fight in the towns? get them out of the towns and there won't be a problem with guards and let them fight on all facets on all shards.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice ideas... I know most of it can be implemented with current in game system...

If my system to prevent bugs would be implemented as well (a simple side script, deceptively simple)...

then you'd gain a player on siege !

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has greatly effected our crafter population. It pretty much driven everyone of them away because they can not go into these towns without the guards. They are not safe. This is not a shard like every other production shard we do not have a trammel here. The guard are what protects these people in the npc towns. They need to be brought back Immeditally. It's ruined a lot of players motivation to craft on our server.
I am a crafter, and I voted NO. Right now I want those cities to be vacant.
After all, more risk means more fighting in those cities...let the PvPing
community prevail over those cities.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix