• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring back regs!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all!

At least make them useful for something other than making potions. Make new spells that require them and ignore the lower reagent cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we have enough easy buttons too..but we don't seem to stop making the game easier instead of more skillful..just my 2¢

Self-res/100%lrc Vamp form..back killing the champ in a matter of 15-20 seconds. I mean. Jesus all I see is people begging for easier items but nothing about balancing the game out. And when the devs fail to by just adding a 1mil hp mob people cry that it takes too long to kill. It that it's hard to kill, just that they are bored mindlessly whacking a mob for 15 minutes for their 500m armor.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think we have enough easy buttons too..but we don't seem to stop making the game easier instead of more skillful..just my 2¢

Self-res/100%lrc Vamp form..back killing the champ in a matter of 15-20 seconds. I mean. Jesus all I see is people begging for easier items but nothing about balancing the game out. And when the devs fail to by just adding a 1mil hp mob people cry that it takes too long to kill. It that it's hard to kill, just that they are bored mindlessly whacking a mob for 15 minutes for their 500m armor.

There is balance.... and there is tedium... I'd rather have it more easy than tedious. Some folk like easy so much they cheat... which has forced most of us who don't cheat to have WAY more tedium in the game than is desired or deserved.

As I would like to have more uses for things in game I agree i wish there was a use for them..... but forcing me to go about carrying more regs and more things is NOT one of those uses I'd like. Perhaps if they added more things like the Firehorn that required the use of certain reagents (thus limiting them).... that might be good. But to just drag the game backwards is not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe changes the weight of them, right now, 10 regs weight 1 stone. A mage will need need a lot regs so it get heavy very easy.
With less weight, more may be willing to carry them.

I'm an archer with some magery, I do still carry regs as I don't want to use an imbuing slot for LRC.

What about making use of regs give you 10% magery bonus, so you would fizzle less vs using LRC

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could make a seriously epic suit negating LRC and carry regs. Oh, sh**...I just gave out my secret temp
No because the epic pieces Come stock with lrc!! I'm tried just to be different I still find myself with 110lrc!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cap LRC at 60%.
Well I think it should still be 100% lrc. But I think there should be benefits and consequences for using or not using them. Maybe extra spell damage if you're using reagents. I don't know it's a pretty useless topic, I was just annoyed looking at this guys suit today. It's like how gear driven is the game going to get. Without lrc how on earth would you be able to chain kill for hours and hours on end mindlessly with little to no effort...I get that.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all!

At least make them useful for something other than making potions. Make new spells that require them and ignore the lower reagent cost.

Yes, make it fair! Make them a requirement before you can wield a weapon!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, make it fair! Make them a requirement before you can wield a weapon!
Lol well..I'm just surprised we don't have any cries for Lower Bandage Cost armor.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I carry them on my sampire and a few other toons that I don't feel like carrying an entire LRC suit for when I just want to use one spell (i.e. Vamp Form, Wraith Form).

I wish regs would be a little lighter to give my pack a little bit of a break. If I ever am approaching weight limits on those toons with regs, they will be the first thing I drop to compensate for more capacity. I don't see how it could ever be viable to carry them on a heavy caster like a mystic mage or necro mage, etc.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I carry them on my sampire and a few other toons that I don't feel like carrying an entire LRC suit for when I just want to use one spell (i.e. Vamp Form, Wraith Form).

I wish regs would be a little lighter to give my pack a little bit of a break. If I ever am approaching weight limits on those toons with regs, they will be the first thing I drop to compensate for more capacity. I don't see how it could ever be viable to carry them on a heavy caster like a mystic mage or necro mage, etc.
I just carry two 25 lrc jewels to cast vamp/wraith. I do however carry pig iron for cw.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to do this but now I just carry a few items like pendant of magi, ring and brace with 20 LRC and +necro skill on both to bump me to 120 necro and 100 lrc to cast VE first time. Before this I used to use the arcane clothing but I remember once doing a harrower I died so much they ran out of charges lol.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I still carry them on my Sampire, but he dies so little, I fear the regs he has are all dried up and moldy . . .

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If they were to add a bag of mage reagents, a bag of necro reagents and a bag of mystic reagents weighting 5 stones each, where the reagents are nothing but numbers, this would be a cool idea.
The way it is now, they weight too much and require and absurd amount of micro management. I had always played warriors in the old Ultimas because I hated all the reagents micro management.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they were to add a bag of mage reagents, a bag of necro reagents and a bag of mystic reagents weighting 5 stones each, where the reagents are nothing but numbers, this would be a cool idea.
The way it is now, they weight too much and require and absurd amount of micro management. I had always played warriors in the old Ultimas because I hated all the reagents micro management.
Which is why makes were always the more powerful class. They took much more skill/setup to play..but that just an opinion of course

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Which is why makes were always the more powerful class. They took much more skill/setup to play..but that just an opinion of course

Mages were very powerful in the old ultimas indeed. I was mad I couldn't wield all that power because I didn't have the patience to deal with the micro managements.
But in UO, mages are sadly thoroughly underpowered in PvM. They need a major buff. I wouldn't oppose if using regs instead of LRC would give them a 50% SDI bonus or something like that.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ever?

For the people carrying regs for a sampire just bring 2 arcane boots you're welcome

No idea. I heard you did but never tried. That's why I asked lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you ever?

For the people carrying regs for a sampire just bring 2 arcane boots you're welcome

I like arcane stuff.... but the WORST thing Gargoyles can ONLY use the Robes. I think the Boots ought to be alterable into Gargish Boots or one ought to be able to make Gargish Arcane Talons using Arcane Gems.

And yeah... Arcane clothes is my poor mans LRC suit on Siege.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like arcane stuff.... but the WORST thing Gargoyles can ONLY use the Robes. I think the Boots ought to be alterable into Gargish Boots or one ought to be able to make Gargish Arcane Talons using Arcane Gems.

And yeah... Arcane clothes is my poor mans LRC suit on Siege.
i have like 20 or more lrc suits pre-made on Siege split evenly for Human or Elf, and Gargoyle. holler out in GC and i will gladly bring you a couple.

Ossy

Adventurer
I kind of agree with the OP.

Make a bag of holding that decrease weight so can hold more without weighing too much and make them useful again.

70% cap on LRC? Some spells that require regs and LRC doesnt' affect?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No thank you it is fine the way it is. If you do not want to use LRC then don't use it, simple fix.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thank you it is fine the way it is. If you do not want to use LRC then don't use it, simple fix.
Yea I'd hate dying and have to restock time after time too.. enjoy your usually trolly non-participating posts! Keep up the good work!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea I'd hate dying and have to restock time after time too.. enjoy your usually trolly non-participating posts! Keep up the good work!

You are something else when people do not agree with you. The last time I looked this was a free country and an open forum. You do not like my answer than to damn bad. Have a nice damn day.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are something else when people do not agree with you. The last time I looked this was a free country and an open forum. You do not like my answer than to damn bad. Have a nice damn day.
I didn't ask for your 2¢ or anyone else's really for that matter. It's not a poll I was just venting..but don't get so upset! I still like you :heart:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't ask for your 2¢ or anyone else's really for that matter. It's not a poll I was just venting..but don't get so upset! I still like you :heart:

I really don't give a crap what you think as long as you are posting about UO everybody has a right to give their opinion whether you like it or not. And believe me it takes a lot more to get me upset than an immature child and his little remarks. Save them for the playground at school.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, leave LRC as it is. If you want backward mode then just don't put LRC on your darn suit and carry regs then they will be as you put it 'useful' again. FOR YOU.

I seriously hate posts like this that want to take stuff backwards. If you don't like lrc or want it capped at 60 or 80 or whatever then just leave it off you own suit, dont force it on everyone else. And if any dev is silly enough to even go down this route then make it fair and make all classes require regs to perform any 'special' attack. We can then all lug around bags of crap to just play the game and will all have to go home whenever someone or something loots it off our bodies, just to make playing that much more special. Serioulsly, why would anyone want to make the game just that much more tedious. Its not like people are batting down the doors to play, lets just make it even less fun.

Don't like LRC, simple, don't bloody use it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, leave LRC as it is. If you want backward mode then just don't put LRC on your darn suit and carry regs then they will be as you put it 'useful' again. FOR YOU.

I seriously hate posts like this that want to take stuff backwards. If you don't like lrc or want it capped at 60 or 80 or whatever then just leave it off you own suit, dont force it on everyone else. And if any dev is silly enough to even go down this route then make it fair and make all classes require regs to perform any 'special' attack. We can then all lug around bags of crap to just play the game and will all have to go home whenever someone or something loots it off our bodies, just to make playing that much more special. Serioulsly, why would anyone want to make the game just that much more tedious. Its not like people are batting down the doors to play, lets just make it even less fun.

Don't like LRC, simple, don't bloody use it.
Could not have said it better except maybe to say it more like "If you don't like LRC and want to use up all your spare reagents then just don't bloody well use them and leave the rest of us alone!"

Anyway while I would like another use for reagents since I have Ooodles of them taking up space in my house and don't ever use them.... (which is sad but yeah, and just saying isn't it WONDERFUL that they stack!) I've always wondered..... WHY????? Why is it that things don't stack >60k????? I mean what is the reasoning behind things being limited to stacks of 60k..... never understood that. Honestly what would it hurt if my stack of Mandrake Root was 190k? totally find it strange. Anyway... I would rather there were some NEW use than to put us back to the old ways.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Could not have said it better except maybe to say it more like "If you don't like LRC and want to use up all your spare reagents then just don't bloody well use them and leave the rest of us alone!"

Anyway while I would like another use for reagents since I have Ooodles of them taking up space in my house and don't ever use them.... (which is sad but yeah, and just saying isn't it WONDERFUL that they stack!) I've always wondered..... WHY????? Why is it that things don't stack >60k????? I mean what is the reasoning behind things being limited to stacks of 60k..... never understood that. Honestly what would it hurt if my stack of Mandrake Root was 190k? totally find it strange. Anyway... I would rather there were some NEW use than to put us back to the old ways.
Because that info is stored into a unsigned 16 bit integer, which can store up to integer numbers up 65535.
Usually, in modern systems, it would be trivial to change the database and memory types, but we're talking about 19+ years old C++ code here. This is definitely something we don't want them to mess with, because who knows how many memory pointers might become unaligned due to this change.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because that info is stored into a unsigned 16 bit integer, which can store up to integer numbers up 65535.
Usually, in modern systems, it would be trivial to change the database and memory types, but we're talking about 19+ years old C++ code here. This is definitely something we don't want them to mess with, because who knows how many memory pointers might become unaligned due to this change.
Ok... I'll pretend that made sense.... but ok.... so Old code.... really old can't handle more than 60...... np. Sad but NP.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all!

You get spell damage increase with them, does that count?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait ok this is the second time I think you or someone has said this. Am I being trolled here lol..I would hate to waste testing time..

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I actually still use them on some characters, depending on what use the character is intended for, I find carrying a few (25 ea.) reagents and stacking other mods on a suit is preferable. Granted this isn't a full time caster either, but in principle I see no difference. The first 5 years of UO there ws no LRC, and everyone got by just fine it is the desire to carry every item for every situation all at once that is cluttering up packs, not regs.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait ok this is the second time I think you or someone has said this. Am I being trolled here lol..I would hate to waste testing time..

I'm pretty sure you get a damage bonus, but I don't remember the specifics. It was a while ago (years) I remember it happening.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone point to any information that says using regs gives you a damage bonus?

Also, not trying to be that guy, but there were a lot more people playing the game during the pre-LRC era. It was level of depth that made UO UO. Was it inconvenient when you died? Sure, but even these days usually we have to go restock anyways eventually. Just some food for thought.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone point to any information that says using regs gives you a damage bonus?

Also, not trying to be that guy, but there were a lot more people playing the game during the pre-LRC era. It was level of depth that made UO UO. Was it inconvenient when you died? Sure, but even these days usually we have to go restock anyways eventually. Just some food for thought.
Apparently the difference with potions and regs are a weight concern. So they can only lug 55,000 gold pieces. Instead of 45,0000!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Actually UO peaked between AoS and SE which means it hit it's high point after LRC was introduced :p

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of you people on here are simply amazing. You'll whine your ass off when its something important to you, and then belittle someone else for posting something YOU think is unnecessary. NO you DONT NEED THAT, that's stupid and pointless ...now where's my Mesanna drop ?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you people on here are simply amazing. You'll whine your ass off when its something important to you, and then belittle someone else for posting something YOU think is unnecessary. NO you DONT NEED THAT, that's stupid and pointless ...now where's my Mesanna drop ?
It's partially the reason I'm making a point to "within the rules" of course to troll their posts of please make my "enter random item" stackable or make my leet bathtub turnable posts. It isn't important to me at all so I don't comment bc I just don't care. I didn't write this because I'm anti LRC. **** lrc suits have macroed me about 20 mages. I was mainly venting that armor has become so seriously OP that it wouldn't hurt to add something that took a bit of oh I don't know. Preparation, strategizing, more instance based stuff for instance. A necromancy spell that doesn't work with lrc, and uses a reagent crafter by a Legendary NecroMancer, a Legendary Mage and Grandmaster alchemist that each reg adds Repond Slayer to any weapon for a 10 minute duration. Or a chivalry spell that adds Undead Slayer..I don't know it could actually be creative..

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You DO NOT get a spell damage bonus for using reagents!! Good god who makes this stuff up!! And no it never happened in the past either.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You DO NOT get a spell damage bonus for using reagents!! Good god who makes this stuff up!! And no it never happened in the past either.
So I'm not utterly insane..lol good to know

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually UO peaked between AoS and SE which means it hit it's high point after LRC was introduced :p
Yes, there was still momentum into the release of AoS.... then shortly after, the numbers began to fall.