• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring back looting of bones in Trammel-rules facets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been entirely long since we were able to help recover the soon-to-be-lost assets of our fallen compatriots.

If some poor schlub happens to die in a dungeon near me and doesn't make it back in time, surely the ether wouldn't mind me helping out and reclaiming his goods before they vanish into nothingness.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I need help working out a corpse looter template.

Melisande

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been entirely long since we were able to help recover the soon-to-be-lost assets of our fallen compatriots.

If some poor schlub happens to die in a dungeon near me and doesn't make it back in time, surely the ether wouldn't mind me helping out and reclaiming his goods before they vanish into nothingness.

I agree!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is entirely against the spirit of my suggestion, Syrus. To intentionally go out just to profit off the loss of others is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself!

I simply wish for a way to help those around me recover their goods should the worst case happen!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
*hangs head in shame* :sad4:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
ummm... yeah... right.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two things would go hand-in-hand.

Also, if I remember rightly, there were people that treated corpses like IDOCs, waiting for them to turn to bones in order to loot. In many cases, also attempting to prevent the player returning to their corpse.

N

Nevyn

Also, if I remember rightly, there were people that treated corpses like IDOCs, waiting for them to turn to bones in order to loot. In many cases, also attempting to prevent the player returning to their corpse.
Ghosts can't move boxes! Or can they, now?...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The two things would go hand-in-hand.

I made quite the profit selling Silver Vanqs looted this way back years ago.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember ever being in a position where, as a ghost, I've had to oppose a box.
They might be able to move through them, but I'm sure they can't interact with objects as a ghost.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is entirely against the spirit of my suggestion, Syrus. To intentionally go out just to profit off the loss of others is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself!

I simply wish for a way to help those around me recover their goods should the worst case happen!
While you would be willing to do this there are others that would be willing to not rez the player and loot his bones. It was a crap shoot down in the dungeons which you would run into. Insurence has helped with this a lot and now the only thing the player loses is the loot he/she has collected. I still guard bodies and rez any player in trouble and help get back thier stuff. I have also seen peps "LOL" and do nothing, those are the ones that will not rez and loot the bones. I would rather see my loot go poof than let those players have it.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I agree.
BUT

*Lures spawn to corpsed body and ivisis. Hides then stealths. Uses turkey feathers*

*waits as rezzed guy keeps getting killed*

I pwned you. I go your stuff. Recall away.

Can do much about that.

Dont like that scenario.

HUGE EM event going on with lag. People die. No one rezz's cause they want to loot bones.

Dont like that scenario.

I aint helping him... I want his bones.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i used to pretend i couldn't rez and hide next to their corpse :) got a silver power kryss that way !

N

Nevyn

You'll never know unless you come back!
Eh, I might consider it if they retroactively credited increased stat caps or whatever bonus it is they give long time open accounts now. As a min/maxer I could settle for nothing less, since it's no fun starting behind. But then UO would cut into raiding time >.>

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Want to loot other in Trammel, use the Party System. That's one of the reasons it's there.

Looting bones in Tram was a mistake in the first place that was remedied a long time ago.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Want to loot other in Trammel, use the Party System. That's one of the reasons it's there.

Looting bones in Tram was a mistake in the first place that was remedied a long time ago.

Yeah but for the short time it was there, it was soo soo good.

On to a serious note...

Doing this would be completely pointless, the most you'd except to loot off your Trammel brethren is a few bandies, what every loot they've picked up and not sent to the bank box via a BoS, maybe some Pots and the BoS itself. Everything other than the BoS you could acquire yourself in less time than waiting on the corpse to decay to the "Bones" state, and with preperation you could get the BoS in about the same time frame.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The comments in this thread (and every time it's brought up) prove why it was taken out. It was abused as a way to steal from other players without the chance of recourse (unlike Fel in which the looter could be theoretically attacked and killed for doing so), thus it was taken out.

Just another aspect of why a lot of people have never liked UO's version of PvP nor accepted the "challenge" argument in regards to it... too many people making a mockery of the argument by abusing loopholes and other such situations to negate the concept of risk or challenge at the expense of other players.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I gonna end this ridiculous troll thread here. If you can not get back to yer body in time you deserve to lose yer bandages.

Status
Not open for further replies.