• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring back Hellhound Packleaders!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still to this day have never seen ANY reason they were removed! Bring um back!

(for those who dont know, pack leaders were hell hounds that spawned in an array of reds and pinks, took up 2 slots had a quite a bit better stats than the regulars, and gave a higher pack instinct bonus to other lupines in the pack)

I miss them...

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still to this day have never seen ANY reason they were removed! Bring um back!

(for those who dont know, pack leaders were hell hounds that spawned in an array of reds and pinks, took up 2 slots had a quite a bit better stats than the regulars, and gave a higher pack instinct bonus to other lupines in the pack)

I miss them...
Uhm, I tamed one of these (I think) on Catskills.. In Blood dungeon. Perhaps it was a hellcat, don't remember TBH. However, it did have a bright pink hue and I immediately checked stratics after making a super-fast log-out to tame it so that I can find out what the hell it is.

Im not sure what it is not actually. Anyone on cats wanna take a look-see and help me out? :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell cats DO spawn in various colors still. I have a hellhound pack leader I tamed on LS like... 9 years ago still in the stables. He has no resists (and i mean none, all --) but he still has his boosted stats, and a lovely bright red berzerker color.

I'm keeping my siege pack at 3 members, just incase they put the back in one fine day.

I really want more than anything to know WHY they were taken out. Theres absolutly no reason for it.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell cats DO spawn in various colors still. I have a hellhound pack leader I tamed on LS like... 9 years ago still in the stables. He has no resists (and i mean none, all --) but he still has his boosted stats, and a lovely bright red berzerker color.

I'm keeping my siege pack at 3 members, just incase they put the back in one fine day.

I really want more than anything to know WHY they were taken out. Theres absolutly no reason for it.
So.. my pretty bright red hellcat is worthless? *sniffs*

Bah! Kitty gets the clever! *sharpens blade and chuckles menacingly*

Dinner time!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seen them many times in the Dojo, from bright red to a pink. Last ones I saw were about 2 weeks ago on napa. But I have seen them steadily over the past few months. I had completely forgotten about the pack leaders til a friend reminded me.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seen them many times in the Dojo, from bright red to a pink. Last ones I saw were about 2 weeks ago on napa. But I have seen them steadily over the past few months. I had completely forgotten about the pack leaders til a friend reminded me.
Cats or hounds??

S

Stupid Miner

I miss them...
Oh HECK YES!

Pack instincts need to be updated too, add some of the newer animals in that should have them. Such as Bake-Kitsunes and Cu Sidhes, etc. Perhaps update their AI so that if one gets attacked by a monster all attack the attacker.

Also, sometimes pack instinct damage seems to switch off after i've been fighting with them for a while... has anyone else noticed this or am I just hallucinating or something. (commanding "all kill" again seems to fix the problem)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly dont think bakes or need any help. And again, I just wanna know WHY pack leaders were removed. I mean the bonus they give ended up only 25% higher than a pack of normal hell hounds, but since they take up 2 slots you only have 4 dogs.

SO if you assume an average of lets say... 20 damage done 5 dogs +125% = 45 damage each = 225 if all hit.
20 damage by 4 dogs +150% =50 damage each = 200 if all hit.

Clearly there was no imbalance issue... so why did they go extinct? I'm guessing the code got chopped on accident or some other such snafu. So I say theres no call to not bring um back!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cats or hounds??
There have been both

A Cat I just spawned

Killed about a hundred more & got another, no dog this time as yet. But have seen them both together in the last cpl of months

There are no differences in Stats, I brought my tamer in after to check & see.
You would probably see more people with them if :
THE DEV'S WOULD INCREASE STABLE SLOTS AS THEY SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO SINCE WE HAVE MORE ANIMALS TO TAME NOW. Thats been 6+ Months ago. Yes there is a need, Ty
( There That:rant2:& plug is done for now :D )

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew that the cats were still around. Have you seen dogs like that lately??