• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bring back glacial staves....

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the way way they were, i think it would be pretty cool if they had "in corp del" and "an ex del". we need another cold based spell besides mind blast, harm and wither. i don't think they would be able to one hit kill someone now. make them spell channelling too, they are kinda silly and pointless the way they are now (besides a spring cleaning ticket).

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, those shiny things always caught my eye. Was fun to disarm steal those, then run around while being chased with it in my hands.

/signed

...la

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

*signs in agreement!*

I've been asking for this for ages, well this and whats the point of them being mage weapons if their not sc.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see these return to their old functionality as well.

Since we are on the topic, there are a lot of old things I miss such as the old teleport and invisibility rings. While I still have a few, it is hard to justify using them. Another thing is firehorn damage. For a while years ago, they were actually useful, but I haven't used them in years because I can do more damage with most other area spells or abilities.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as they were balanced to be an appropriate power, sure. Something like being disruptable, taking time to cast, and dealing damage based on the highest magic-casting skill the player has.

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as they were balanced to be an appropriate power, sure. Something like being disruptable, taking time to cast, and dealing damage based on the highest magic-casting skill the player has.
ya thats what i was thinking,make them require magery/eval or even necro/ss, the one thing i really didnt like was it taking all of your mana.
it be nice if they kept spawning the way they are (random intensities) but also added spell channeling -f/c but with a chance of +1 f/c when they spawn.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we need another cold based spell besides mind blast, harm and wither
uh, have you ever used wither? lol it's like the best cold damage ever. no way we need more cold options ;P. besides, with slayer, energy is usually better for mages anyway.

how about they stop releasing them from serpents as it is now and they make a special one soon, as part of an event, sort of like a Staff of Frost (opposite of Staff of Pyros):

30 DI
SC-0
FC 1
Cold Damage 100
Fey Slayer

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They make fabulous high definition TV screens...

(pic from Castles & Courtyards, Yuri Black of Catskills tutorial)

-Skylark

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to see spell channeling on them... what's the point of being a mage weapon without it?

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uh, have you ever used wither? lol it's like the best cold damage ever. no way we need more cold options ;P. besides, with slayer, energy is usually better for mages anyway.

how about they stop releasing them from serpents as it is now and they make a special one soon, as part of an event, sort of like a Staff of Frost (opposite of Staff of Pyros):

30 DI
SC-0
FC 1
Cold Damage 100
Fey Slayer
wither is necro and area effect. i was thinking along the lines of magery and target based. yeah, ea can do what it always does best and add a new item, but i don't think they need to put in anymore new items. and technically i'm not asking for any new spells, i'm just asking to bring back glacial staves the way they were before.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the one hit kills it did.
That's because people did not have cold on there suits when the item based UO happened... they just did fire, and energy... lol... but yeah now with most people having balanced suits.. it would not do that anymore IMO.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heh. Ice Strikes. Say "In Corp Del", would drain all of your Mana and do 1 damage for every 2 Mana consumed, up to 50 damage (Since 100 INT/Mana was the cap back then). Which is why 2 Mages with Glacial Staffs would team up and simultaneously do Ice Strike, thus doing 100 Damage, insta kill. Although after that they had to run off and Med up their Mana again to do it again. Back then if a Mage mana dumped, he was vulnerable for quite a bit until he could Med it back up. That was the balance to Mages being able to pump out alot of damage quickly. That balance was removed when AoS introduced +Mana/LMC/MR equipment. Nowadays, "Mana Dump" is an archaic term, most Mages in Fel never run out of Mana.