• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bright white carpets?

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive cn these on venders, but cant figure out what dye makes the carpets so white

u'd think luna white tot dye would make them but they show up greyish, so does the plant white ones :(

what do they use to make them bright white? anyone know?

edit/.....

nm I found out u have to have the plain red carpets to do it

thanks thou

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelline,

Are these the new carpets from SA? What is the method you are describing using red carpets to get bright white?

The hat of magi white (bright white) cloth I am familiar with could only be obtained from the spider silk cloth - a cloth that was made via a bug/exploit in the quest system a few years back when ML was launched. The devs decreed that we could keep the cloth we made but they patched the bug, so it can't be made that way anymore. I have not been actively playing the last couple of years, so they might have introduced the HoM white with the new dye system, but I am not sure. Someone else can answer that, but the only way I know of from the past is the special silk cloth.

-Skylark

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skylark, what she's talking about is the way the different carpets use the dye colors..... I went nuts trying to get different carpet types to dye the same color, they simply don't.... I didn't try any whites, but using any shade of lavender/ purple/mauve on the different carpets produces completely different colors :wall:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not done this but its gona be a saturation thing the key will be to make sure you use the same type of carpet that the people who have the white ones used... i would guess red would be a good bet... its a rather low saturation but I don't know for sure haven't looked at carpets in a while.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah friend was playin with colors on carpets, not sure which one he had bought, but using luna white tot dye, it was coming out grey,

he asked thru the chat system & was told to use the plain red one, that gave him the luna white color..

sorry for not saying, its the new carpet that came out with the SA client

thankfully they stack so u use less dye charges

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've died carpet pieces with white natural die from white plants and it dies several different types bright white. And yes, they do stack.

It can be very expensive and takes a while to get all that dye... but gorgeous end result! I'll post pics later when I get home.

I did the Naturalist quest like 200 times (exaggeration... but you get the idea) to get all the white seeds to make dyes.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info! I'd definitely like to see pics of variations of the new rugs. Gozas were great additions but we were so limited in what we could do in terms of actual carpeting with them with the border on every square.

-Skylark

L

LordDextonious

Just too bad the carpets highlight when you walking through the house. I'd deck-out the castle, but can't stand the individual pieces highlighting.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry about not posting pics last night... got stuck here at work & by the time I got home I was exhausted. Logged in enuf to check my plants then went to bed.

I'll be posting pics tonight folks...