• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

breaks agro

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im training two pets one against the other on the same account.

I give an all follow me command followed by an all stay command and than an all kill.

I attend and vet damage accordingly. however after a brief period of time the pets become
disinterested and start to wander away. I than have to rinse and repeat the above feeding
as needed.

is there a sequence I can use to keep them consistently engaged or is this just the way of the
world in sosaria?

thanks.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Tram I found pets stopped damaging each other after a short while, but I don't remember them walking away. However, if you're training them in a busy area, a bard may have area peaced them...

I usually train in Fel because they don't stop damaging each other and it's quieter, but you can also just tell the pets to fight again if they stop.

One tiny word of caution, if you're inside the guardzone in Tram, tell pets to guard you before you tell them to kill. Otherwise you and one of the pets can sometimes get guardwhacked. I don't know if it still happens, it's a while since I last made that mistake heh. But I habitually tell pets to guard before kill when I spar them just out of paranoia ;)

Wenchy

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Tram I found pets stopped damaging each other after a short while, but I don't remember them walking away. However, if you're training them in a busy area, a bard may have area peaced them...

I usually train in Fel because they don't stop damaging each other and it's quieter, but you can also just tell the pets to fight again if they stop.

One tiny word of caution, if you're inside the guardzone in Tram, tell pets to guard you before you tell them to kill. Otherwise you and one of the pets can sometimes get guardwhacked. I don't know if it still happens, it's a while since I last made that mistake heh. But I habitually tell pets to guard before kill when I spar them just out of paranoia ;)

Wenchy
I *think* it only applies if you're guilded. I'm not entirely sure on that, but all kill sets them aggro anyway. If you're not, you don't need to have them guard. I frequently trained mage skills on my pets by the Moonglow stables. Never had to have them guard if they remained blue to one another (and it's so much easier when they are - healing two pets that damage each other while training for 2 minutes is not fun.)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* it only applies if you're guilded. I'm not entirely sure on that, but all kill sets them aggro anyway. If you're not, you don't need to have them guard. I frequently trained mage skills on my pets by the Moonglow stables. Never had to have them guard if they remained blue to one another (and it's so much easier when they are - healing two pets that damage each other while training for 2 minutes is not fun.)
Yeah, I'm not sure about that one because I've always been guilded with my tamers. I know I got whacked just telling a pet to kill another in guardzone, so I always made sure they were green to me with a guard command before I targeted one to play it safe.Or say kill twice till both bars are green.

Wenchy

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im in tram outside a guard zone. they walked away in fel as well. in the end its not a big deal. im attending this cause there really good pets and I don't dare go unattended and lose one.

thanks just the same.