• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bracelets of Binding ?!?!?!?!

• Thread starter Edina Monsoon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Edina Monsoon

Bracelets of Binding - Have never used them, but since I figured they were related to Balls of Pet Summoning and Bags of Sending in the way that you have to recharge them with powder of translocation. Ok, so far no problem. I have charged up many balls of pet summoning and bags of sending and used them or sold them on my vendors. I knew that balls of pet summoning and bags of sending had 'maximum charges' and so to charge them I would just drag my entire stack of powder of translocation and drop it on top of the item to recharge it.

So I spend a good part of a day to get powder of translocation, come home and want to charge some bracelets of binding to sell on my vendors. Well, I dragged my whole pile of PoT on top of a bracelet of binding, and my whole entire stack is absorbed by it.

Needless to say, what the *explitive* am I going to do with a Bracelet of Binding with 393 charges?

Can we either get a maximum charges on the bracelet of binding, or a way to remove PoT from these items thus changing it back into PoT?

PLEASE! How frustrating.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Your not the first and won't be the last that happens to. Think about it this way...if you find someone you want to carry a linked bracelet with, you won't have to worry about running out of charges when you need them.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Bracelet of Binding has 2245 Charges... heh it could have been worse. I'm just holding out hopes that eventually there will be a very good use for em lol...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have a somewhat overcharged and under used bracelet.

They work by teleporting the activator of the bracelet to the wearer of the linked one. Except they don't work everywhere. I'm not sure I remember the restrictions accurately, but I don't think they work in Ilshenar or in dungeons. I seem to remember they only really worked in overland tram and fel??

Given that most people wear a bracelet for the properties on it, very few are willing to give up those properties to be able to have a friend magically teleport to them if they're in trouble.

D

Devil_Woman

Given that most people wear a bracelet for the properties on it, very few are willing to give up those properties to be able to have a friend magically teleport to them if they're in trouble.
Yeah, I really wish EA would give us a way to wear BoB or holiday timepieces on the other wrist. It would be nice to use some of the non-propertied jewelry, including wedding rings, on one arm while the other can use the propertied stuff.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I too have a somewhat overcharged and under used bracelet.

They work by teleporting the activator of the bracelet to the wearer of the linked one. Except they don't work everywhere. I'm not sure I remember the restrictions accurately, but I don't think they work in Ilshenar or in dungeons. I seem to remember they only really worked in overland tram and fel??

I can see where they could be useful for the purpose of and event or in PvP if you have a buddy system set up where 2 people basically cover each others tails. If you get separated it's quick and easy to get back together..Or if say one of you goes out ahead of the other and gets in trouble...the one running for his life swaps the bracelet for the binding one in his pack and his buddy can get to him from any moongate quickly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bracelets of binding work by teleporting one user to another you bind the bracelet with another and the one who double clicks is "wisked" away to the bearer of the other ..... Now one nifty use I have used them for is to teleport my friends inside the defense of my enemy .... but that is during an RP war...

You can not summon someone to you into anywhere you can't teleport.... That includes any area like a peerless, illshnar, any home, or a boat.... So you can't use it to teleport into a champ spawn or anything that cool... They are rather fun for RPers .... as you can bind them onto a Prisoner so that the Prisoner can not "escape" and things of this nature... I would suppose that you could use them to go where you normally couldn't say you could use one to teleport another person onto somewhere that if they weren't a mage they couldn't usually get..... though marking a rune for them would be just as easy... So really outside of RP because of the restrictions they really aren't that useful.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see it as being "much" of a problem that they take up the valuable jewel slot. I mean, if you're in that much strife that you can't quickly re-equip, you're probably gonna die whatever happens.

Do both people specifically need to be actually wearing the bracelets at the same time for them to function?

B

BartofCats

EA cant put a fix in for what happened. i think its neat that you can put as many charges as you want to them. You can also label them. Give em away as gifts, put them onto people and say here... Ill be back. For those lovers in the game... a bracelet with a special number....

basically if your unsure about the bracelet.. dont mess with it.

C

Connor_Graham

I could see a group of faction stealthers sneaking into the enemy base, then using the bracelets to summon a fully prepared assault force inside the defenses...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That would be right Connor but again you can't teleport into anywhere you can't normally teleport into with them..... And YES both folk who have them MUST be wearing them...... and one can be bound to only one other bracelet.

C

Connor_Graham

That would be right Connor but again you can't teleport into anywhere you can't normally teleport into with them..... And YES both folk who have them MUST be wearing them...... and one can be bound to only one other bracelet.
You can recall into Brit Castle in Fel can't ya?

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember right you also can't use them if one person is inside a house.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can recall into Brit Castle in Fel can't ya?
No, you can't. Once you enter the "faction zone" at the bridge you are in a no teleport area. However, like Ilsh, you can recall out. Which begs the question, could a faction thief go in wearing one and use it to tele out ... again, the answer is no, because if you are holding a sig, you can't teleport/recall at all.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE=
Needless to say, what the *explitive* am I going to do with a Bracelet of Binding with 393 charges?

LOL

thanks for the laugh.

good to see im not the only one who did that .

i guess you what i did . suck it up and move on . considder that a "lesson learned" and dont do it again.

=)

E

Edina Monsoon

Yes I will.

*makes sucking noise*

Just another one of those stupid things that happens, can't assume anything in this game, and since everytime you find something, nothing comes with instructions...

Just was really ticked off since its such a useless item to me anyway, and there goes a few hours of collecting PoT.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last time I tried to make an use of these usually useless items, was to make a travel to Casca more simple - so I got a pair of bracelets, but as you can assume, it did not work.
*Salute*
Olahorand