box question

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
<font color="purple"> On UHall a few days ago (can't find the post to link to, sorry) a question came up about "strongboxes". When I hear that word, I think of the gold metal boxes that will also sometimes say "metal box". The answers to the poster question seemed to be directing him to the reward boxes (which, it seems, are also called strongboxes?) but I've only ever seen them as looking wooden and of different colors.

So, my question to the knowledgeable people here at the rares forums... are "strongboxes" and/or "metal boxes", meaning the gold colored metal-looking ones, still available in-game, and if so, where would a person find them, other than buying from another player?

thanks for any and all help </font>

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
theres a way to get them fairly easy with the use of some exploit involving house droping....

Gold Hued Metal and Strong Boxes are actually one in the same...i think its quite funny when i see a gold hued "Metal" box for 50k then i see a "Strong Box" for 250k.....

to change the name of the boxes simply turn them with a house deco tool

and BTW Metal/Strong boxes are worth around 250k

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
<font color="purple"> thanks for the quick answer..... leads to two more questions, tho

no way to get a box of this sort without an exploit?

and does the name change back when you change direction again? </font>

G

The way it works with the name of the box is this.

It says Metal box

1. You lock it down
2. You use an interior decorator to change the direction of the box
3. You release the box
4. When you release the box, the name becomes a Strongbox.
5. Lock the box back down and then change it to the direction you like.

As to how you get them, I believe if a house is dropped or decays to the point of collapse and there are items inside the moving crate which are within the gold boxes, that the boxes become permanent items when the house falls. This could be way off, but it seems to make sense to me.