• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOS reverting....give me a hell ya!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the changes with trial accounts coming with Publish 58, are you planning to revert the Bag of Sending to its original state as well?

Yes, it will be reverted to its original functionality, and not take extra charges for higher weights. Bags of Sending will not be available to trial accounts, however.
-Draconi

This is the best thing I have heard in years!

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This turn of events forces me to ask a question that has been nagging at me for some time. Do people with more knowledge than me know if my proposed method of 'nerfing' BoS for scripters would work?

When purchasing concert tickets from those theives called TicketMaster, I have to enter a word that is jumbled on the screen. When I read that this was done to prevent automated programs used by those scum called scalpers it occured to me that the robed ones may implement a similar procedure. What if everytime someone used a BoS we were asked to say some 'magic word'. I am not versed in the magic arts of hacking or scripting and would really like to know if something like this could work.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your idea isn't new and it also isn't really bad. You always can find means to make life difficult for automated scripts. However, you always have to consider two things:
  • How difficult (and annoying) do you make life for regular players at the same time?
  • How long will it take until a script can circumvene this gadget?
To my opinion, the root of the problem lies in our static world and in repetitive tasks. Only static repetitive things can be scripted. Any gold collecting script would fail, if the type and location of monsters would vary dynamically. If ressources would be found not always in the same place, but in changing locations.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the best thing I have heard in years!
This is the 2nd best for me. Mine was when I was on the Maury Show and he said "You are... NOT the father of Billie Jean's baby." She says I am the one, But the kid is not my son.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell Ya!!

...Now go get me some new bags TW :D
Pick me up a few too TW. lol

**Wanders off singing.. "Billie Jean Is Not My Lover
She's Just A Girl Who Claims That I Am The One
But The Kid Is Not My Son
She Says I Am The One, But The Kid Is Not My Son.."**

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell Ya!!

...Now go get me some new bags TW :D

I just ported 6 over to origin....but I still have 12 or so and about 3k left in fungi
I will start looping that quest soon

But I use to buy them form Black's vendors when I was short...he had great prices
hehehe

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is outstanding! Now I'll be able to enjoy Swoops with my tamer again!

*Blows into her flute, brushing off her Discordance skill, as she motions for her Cu to join her*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just ported 6 over to origin....but I still have 12 or so and about 3k left in fungi
I will start looping that quest soon

But I use to buy them form Black's vendors when I was short...he had great prices
hehehe
Solen Goods: Powder and Bags - Reopening Soon!!!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I"m SO tickled they decided to do this! I can finally make back some insurance money!!!!! yay!

TW, go get me some sending bags too! LOL

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 16 so far.....but I don't think the change will go through for a few weeks so we all have plenty of time.

I will have enough for most of our active guild characters by the time the pub goes live!

I just love playing in that hive and the tok mines....they are soo much fun!

:)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot, I just found a bag of like 40 of them

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, that was mine. I misplaced it, I'm so glad you found it!
You can drop them off at my house any time that's convenient for you.

kthksbye

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And now Miasma becomes farm-central of the world. ^_^

S

SwordBlaze

Wow they changed it to take charges determined on weight? Good thing they are changing it back before I get back lol.

C

Corvak

They changed it because trials were getting lots of gold from them. At which point everyone stopped using them.

I think what's happened is they wanted to stop it, but didnt have dev-time allocated to reworking trials when it became an issue. Said dev time was allocated to Publish 58, apparently.

R

RichDC

Love it!

Should make them unable to send silver through though its fun killing the scripters...although maybe they shouldnt because more people will script it!