• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOS Rant

G

Okay, So UO said (I'm not quoting) that by changing BOS it would lessen the amount of gold floating around UO and would lower prices. Or something to that effect. The only bank balances it has lowered is the lil guy that actually makes their money from hunting/farming spawn. This change is total crap. Do they really think that people that own half of luna and have 100's maybe 1000's of million dollar checks are effected by Bags Of Sending?
I think this was one of the WORST decisions ever!!!

G

I thought we'd seen the last of rants on this subject?
You are a little... After the moment...

Anyway.
The problem is that you're looking at things from too narrow a perspective.

By limiting the amount of gold that can come into the the game, by crippling gold farmers, they bring the inflow and outflow closer.
Go to your bathroom, and put the plug in the sink, or something, and turn the tap on.
Now, the water is the gold. Flowing into the game in whatever quantity you've opened the faucet to.
But, the plug's in, so it's not flowing out.
Pretty soon, you'll have an overflowing sink.

That is what the devs were dealing with.
In the past, they've tried gold sinks. Some have endured, and been marginally effective. Others haven't, such as trophy deeds.
So, while they figure out alternatives, they've closed the faucet a bit.

I know... I know...
Legit players are hurt, too/more!
It's true.
The devs are out to get you.
All of you!
Hamstringing the mass gold-farming operations was just a collateral effect.