• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOS Do You Use them?

• Thread starter Amathist of PoC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
A

Amathist of PoC

It has been awhile since the changes to the BOS where made, I was just curious if people have completely stopped using them, what the thoughts on this are now and basically the points of view on the bos changes a few months down the track.

C

Connor_Graham

I don't use them at all, and don't miss them a bit. I still loot everything I kill and take all of the gold. The only difference is now I'm not having to buy a BoS and powder from someone's overpriced vendor in Luna for them, so overall I end up with more gold in the long run. Also note that 99% of my hunting is done in Ilsh.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've stopped using them completely, as well as stopped doing the translocation powder quest.

The only change I've made is that I don't tend to do ant lions as much, and I make a few extra trips to dump loot at the house or bank, whichever is closer at the time.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm thinking BoS is Bag of Sending??

When I stopped playing years ago I loved sending stuff to the bank and yesterday I was reading they changed it so it uses charges based on weight of what you are sending, effectivly making it useless for miners to send stacks of ore or whatever...

I have some bags but don't know what I'll use them for now that I've come back to start playing again.

A

Amathist of PoC

ummm whats a BOS?
A BOS or a Bag of Sending was an item gained by doing a solen quest you could fill the bag with charges of translocation powder also gained from solen questing.

And this bag allowed you to transfer items and gold to your bank box using one charge of powder per send but you could send large amounts of gold and one item at a time.

It basically stopped you getting over loaded and allowd you to go out and hunt for gold and items without needing to return to the towns so often.

Someone else may be able to explain it better but that is the basics of a BOS.

C

Connor_Graham

I have some bags but don't know what I'll use them for now that I've come back to start playing again.
Turn them in for Spring Cleaning points. I had around 20 of the things when it was announced they could be turned in and dumped all of them for the points.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh i get it, bags of sending.... way too many abreviations in this game now adays.... id like to see them changed back as doing normal hunting in any of the arias where you cant return easily or get into easily make them not worth going to. i see many parts of fel dungeons, and ish locales very empty.. i myself have left several hundred k in dungeons becuase i just couldnt carry it

I

Ivan - MT

I use to use them all the time since it was a very useful item. Since they nerfed it to hell I tossed all I had in the garbage can and have not used one since the nerf was made.

A

Amathist of PoC

I am the same as alot of you I use to make sure every character had one and it was charged before going on a big hunt.......now I don't bother but I have also noticed my characters are alot broker then they where because I just cant be bothered going in and out in and out so once I fill up I recall out bank and usually move onto something else.

Do you think allowing us to Mark runes in Illishnar would help the BOS or should they just revert it back to what it was...perhaps making the quest a little harder?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No! Do NOT allow Marking in Ilshenar.

There are plenty of bank spots in Ilsh that make it OBSCENELY profitable even without a BOS. One of which is right near an EASILY one-hittable monster spawn with a bank no more than 4 screens' distance and a shrine/gate a small run beyond.

F

Flora Green

Not anymore. Connor, thanks for the reminder they can be turned in for points. :)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope - since the place I used them before was champ spawns, they are no longer worth my time. Now I dont even bother picking up the gold. It can sit and rot before I go thru the headach of taking it to the bank.

The exception to this is the Desert Champ area- so close to the bank I may as well :)

A

Amathist of PoC

No! Do NOT allow Marking in Ilshenar.

There are plenty of bank spots in Ilsh that make it OBSCENELY profitable even without a BOS. One of which is right near an EASILY one-hittable monster spawn with a bank no more than 4 screens' distance and a shrine/gate a small run beyond.

*chuckles* you know your right, I just never think of Ilishenar having banks honestly till I read your post and thought about it I do not think I ever consciously realized there were banks and mage shops and animal tamers I could use in Illish.........slow I know.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Non blessed 10th ani items dropped in fel, yep that's useful to me. They are just a much more limited purpose item now.

They and the powder still sell.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I still use them for various items. I for one am glad they made the change...

K

K'torr

Actually, just last night, I took all my BOSs, about 6, and my Pet Balls, about 9, and witnessed first hand how good they look stored in my House's Trash Barrel.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, just last night, I took all my BOSs, about 6, and my Pet Balls, about 9, and witnessed first hand how good they look stored in my House's Trash Barrel.
I have over 100 of each... I'm glad to know they will make me some clout in spring cleaning... and no, I don't use them anymore... used to for cleaning up the gold at champ spawns, but now a horde minion does the trick.

Dumbest change ever... should of been altered so they couldn't send gold back at all... but other items work the way they used to... that's what I really was hoping for. Of course that didn't happen.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well ...... I had one or two on every character pretty much.... and I must say since the change..... I don't carry a single one anymore... they have become totally useless. Don't loot much gold anymore either why bother? I spend more time recalling back and forth to a bank than I actually do hunting since the change...... Tossed most mine in a chest... haven't touched them since... but thanks Connor for reminding me I can toss them out for points..

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bags of sending are worthless. They weren't all that great before but now they are just another junk item no one wants at all.

Would it not have been better to simply change the way GOLD is sent through the bag? Why make everything sent consume so many charges. I would have been in favor of stopping gold from being sent and allowing everything else to be sent as it could before.

T

T_Amon_from_work

BOS? Oh yeah, them things. They went the way of the T-Rex. When I get loaded up, I dispose of whatever and pack it in for the night.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never used Bags of Sending to begin with. I was fairly pissed when they were introduced, because it ruined my near-monopoly on the Harrower gold spray. I used to be the only person willing to run down to the bottom of dungeons over and over to get at it. Then they introduced the Bags of Sending and it was all hoovered up less than 10 seconds after the Harrower fell.

T

Thrand Graywolf

Don't use em anymore, they are worthless as is.

The only change is that now, when I do go out hunting specifically for gold I don't stop when my bag runs out of charges...so I tend to make more gold.

And as a group we've had to abandon places you can't jump to a bank and get back to the party...the no-recall locations like Terathan Keep and the Ilshenar dungeons. Which is beyond irritating, since those were some of my favorite group hunting spots. But running in and out of the dungeon every few minutes is simply not practical.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to use them. Crammed 25k in my pack, one single charge and away it all went. Lovely. I'd done the quest for powder a few times (as opposed to several or above), and ended up with so much of the stuff I doubted I'd ever use it all.

Now I just frequent areas with easy bank access. Well, as it turns out I'd already been doing that, I'd just been using the bags anyway...

Still, it would be nice to be able to venture down into the Fel dungeons without the knowledge I'd be overloaded within a quarter hour.

Non-tamers/summoners can always ride a pack bug around. Those can carry 80k on their own, but granted you can only ride them at walking speed once they've been loaded to a certain point.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take one when I am in a nonrecall dungeon for drops or cursed stuff. I find it easier to loose the bos in fel also than the pos or arty.

Most of mine went for the turn in since I can no longer use them most of the time. I keep the powder on hand though for my pet summoning balls.

A

Amathist of PoC

Do you think they will ever change the BOS back or re assess them and perhaps make them more usable?

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. The old bags of sending were a horrible idea and broke the game by giving everyone effectively infinite inventory space.

A

Amathist of PoC

BoS were always around during my time of play so I can not comment on what it was like before and or if they broke the game.. I know in some cases they made it easier for scripters but I just feel they should have worked harder on making it harder for them not making it harder for everyone else to gather up some spending money. I guess over time it might drive some of those HUGE luna prices down.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss mine.

I still have a great time with or without them. I use one here and there to send arties back.

R

Richtor Darkbane

They are fairly useless after the changes, I understand they changed them because of gold farmers, and like everything else the honest player is the one who suffers in the end.

P

peanutbutter

anybody who would make use of a bos is a gold farmer. in fact, we are all gold farmers... just, some are better at it.

think about that.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not use them any longer since they nerfed em.

But then I seldom used those very often before unless farming gold or hides on some guild hunt ...or just myself trying to gather hides or other resources. But although they were handier to send more stones worth of one item before such as heavy bulk hides to my bank..now the BOS are pretty useless for my chrs. to even bother with using or fooling with.

It would have been nicer if they just nerfed scripters, instead of nerfing useful in game skills or things for bandage fixes for scripters scripting.
:sad4:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are fairly useless after the changes, I understand they changed them because of gold farmers, and like everything else the honest player is the one who suffers in the end.

QFT *tosses in blackrock elementals that punished the innocent*

A

Amathist of PoC

anybody who would make use of a bos is a gold farmer. in fact, we are all gold farmers... just, some are better at it.

think about that.
we all may farm gold from time to time but we are not all "gold farmers" who are those who script and use bots and bos to gain an unfair economical advantage.

R

Richtor Darkbane

think about that.
I'm sorry I should have said "gold scripters" instead of gold farmers, because I was referring to those who would use illegal scripts and BoS (on a massive scale) to mass gather gold for the purpose of exploit or profit. I was not referring to the casual player who used the BoS to send gold to their bank box while hunting in dungeons.

Z

Zodiac19

Not any more. I realy only used them once in a while before. My main thing was farming and selling the powders which I was making a killing on.

Y

Yalp

never use em myself now either...

seems to me.. the nerf was EA's lazy way out of dealing with scripters... instead of doing their jobs on reported scripters, they ignored them and nerfed something that hurt them.. yes.. but hurt every player in the game too.

another fine example of great customer service.

T

Thangorodrim

It has been awhile since the changes to the BOS where made, I was just curious if people have completely stopped using them, what the thoughts on this are now and basically the points of view on the bos changes a few months down the track.
I never used one and never will.

As implemented, they were a moronic concept delivered by a team that had a propensity for introducing candy without thought for the consequences.

Good riddance.

No modifications to Ilshenar are indicated over the BoS.

C

Connor_Graham

Not anymore. Connor, thanks for the reminder they can be turned in for points. :)
You're welcome. Always glad to help out. :scholar:

:D

Btw....Pet Balls can also be turned in for points, just in case anyone didn't know that.

R

RenaLynne

No, I dont use them anymore. I used to use them when out hunting and during the Magincia rubble event. Now all the bags I had in bank boxes, home, and in packs I turned in for points. There were worth more using em for that.

I

Infiniti

I have stopped using them completely. I'm still angry about the nerf.
Same here. I understand their reasoning but I don't agree with the way it was handled. Afterall, the scripters are still out there and from what I've been reading on these boards nothing is stopping them.:coco:

K

Kith Kanan

I used to use em , now I just leave gold on the floor to be picked up by who ever can be bothered to haul it along.. I sure as hell cant...

wish gold was auto looted into ya bank

N

Ni-

I didn't use them all that much when they were 'useful'. I would carry one on most of my chars incase i got greedy and over weighted by a curse. Then I would send gold to allow movement. Other than that I wouldn't bother. I haven't power gamed very often. Gold isn't what defines me or makes me happy.

Simple answer... No I don't use them.

:)

L

Lord Drakelord

We quit using them altogether, we also quit travely to places to farm our gold that require longs walks back to when we have to recall to the bank to drop gold off. Most of our gold farming is now early in the day, at lower levels of the Trammel Anti virtue dungeons. We still use the pet balls and the translocation powder, so a market for them is there still, but the BOS has seen its days now, and unless they made a change on the BOS to where it used less charges for more weight we will continue to farm our gold without it.

I can carry out 15k on my tamer and the wife's tamer can carry out 20k [she carries less bandaids then I do] ;) When we join the guild for events not in Trammel, we don't bother looting the gold, and will normally leave it on the bodies.