• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bored at 61, what now?

• Thread starter Bo Riddler
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bo Riddler

I have 10 characters on Kirin Tor. I have plenty of choices, but my first character, Brumble the Dwarf is nearing 62nd, and I can't help but yawn when I play him.

Normally, I log on to him to send an alt armor kits or gold. Is it normal to have a character reach a high level like that and not enjoy playing him?

Reasons why he's boring? If I run solo, I drink more than I fight to keep the mana up. He is only a moderately good fighter. He needs better gear, but I can't justify it if I don't play him much. I have respecced him into each of the 3 trees, current Retribution which helped his combat ability some.

Thoughts?

Bo

G

My thoughts are about the same. My first character is a pally as well, and I managed to get her to 61 and rarely ever play her.

I find she just kills things SO slowly that it drives me nuts. Someone comes along and helps me by hitting a mob and taking half it's life while I sit there and bang away at it for hours on end barely making a dent! It's frustrating!

I respecced to Ret as well, and it DOES help a bit, I've also gotten her some better weapons, but still, even my shadow priest is more fun to play lately!

B

Bo Riddler

I have found, on the rare instance run that I get to take, when I take the Paladin, he works out well with a compliment of four other classes. Whether he needs to be a second healer, or just the Buffer. He works out great.

Just, ho hum.

I wish, I could add up the levels of my 6 or so off alts and total their experience into my new Shaman, then I could have a much higher level sammy, and I could skip the same ol quests from 20-58th.

Bo

I

Irima

I have a lvl 70 paladin on the rexxar server. I lvled from 60-70 as retribution as well and i found it fairly easy. I got to lvl 70 a week(in real time) after i installed burning crusade. My suggestion if your having problems is make sure you have lots of agility, plus to critical strike rating, any plus to dodge rating you can get. Also when you are looking for a weapon, make sure it is a two-handed. Ret Paladins do alot more damage swinging a two-hander around. Also when looking for a weapon you want to look for one with the highest over all damage, damage per second is not going to do you any good. Hopefully my tips will help you

B

Bo Riddler

Thank you for your insight, I just today shook the dust off of him for a while after working my Rogue the last few weeks.

Great advice!

Bo

E

Edaun

Sound advice indeed. The only thing I could add is looking for a nice *slow* 2H. The slower the better. I pulled most of my hair out grinding my Pally to 70 on a PvP server, mainly since most of my guild moved here from SWG...I am not big into PvP and being a Paladin is like walking around with a big bullseye on your chest...you're the first one the horde goes after; quite thrilling!

I was RET until 40, I respecced Holy and healed well in instances up until 60, where I went RET again. In Outlands, I *always* duo-ed quests with either another RET pally or a strong DPS class. I found we were far less likely to be ganked if they came up on a 'Lock and a Pally. In Outlands, soloing MOBs to level up is pointless, given the extreme amount of XP needed to level. It was more fun to have company, anyway.

I agree that going RET increases your survivability solo-grinding, but try splitting your talents between RET and Holy or RET and Prot, to grab more INT (holy tree) or Blessing of Kings (prot tree). Kings will dramatically increase your crit %, if you have bought gear with +AGI. Most of my Outlands RET period, I had no less than 18% crit at any given time...and I was using a slow 2H with Seal of Command cast.

In my end game, I respecced 40/0/21 and keep both healing gear and DPS gear on my toon always.

Good Luck!