• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Books on the Ground

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really hate all of the gold farmers advertising for free on the game and I've thought of a few ways to help to get rid of them (because they annoy the hell out of me).

1. Make the books they drop worth at least two points each for the Clean Up Britannia venture. I'm sure new and old players alike would rush to the streets to get rid of those books as they walk by and dump them in a trashcan if they could be rewarded for them. (not that great, but it's something)
  2. Set the timer for books on the ground to be 5 minutes. That means that if you drop a book on the ground you will have roughly five minutes until it disappears forever (not spellbooks, just the normal ones that you can write in). The exception to this is (of course) if a book is locked down in a house.
  3. Set it so that trial accounts cannot use public chat channels. If they want to spend some gold to get into the game to broadcast that they are selling gold, that's fine. It also leads to the next point.
  4. Make it so that it's easier for players to report goldfarmers/sellers to the devs, and make it so that anyone reported will be blocked from the game while they are under investigation (and add in a bit so that people who grief others with this system are the ones who are punished).
Really I just hate goldsellers. If people want to buy gold it's easy enough to do a google search. To be honest though, it's so easy to farm gold for yourself that I'm shocked that anyone uses these systems. I've only been back for a couple of months now and I have well over 50m gold that I've earned (and rising). Hell, my first few days I had someone just flat out give me 5m to help me get started. As I recall, I bought a very nice imbued suit with that for three of my characters, all of which can rack up around 2m/day as a casual gamer.

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree with why you're posting this. I disagree with number 2, number 3, and number 4.

I disagree with number 2 because Player Events use books.
I disagree with number 3 because it's already in the game. When I was "young" and on a trial. I could only be in Help. Are you really wanting new players to not be able to use help?
I disagree with number 4 because I think you would as well if I were to report you as a gold farmer/seller and your account was blocked until an investigation cleared it up.

Make the books more expensive would be my suggestion. Players wanting to use them can shell out 5k for them. It's not a lot to players doing player events or deco'ing a home, but it's enough to slow them down and it also provides a gold sink if they still want to do it. It might justify a clean up point increase as well.