• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Book Recorder for Enhanced Client now available

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just finished porting the Book Recorder mod from the KR client over to the Enhanced Client (with a few tweaks).
It is available here:
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

You'll also need the CustomSettings mod for it to work.
The three major differences from the KR version...
1. Saving happens automatically whenever you open a book. This will make it so if you open, close, and re-open a book, you'll get two copies in the logs. If this is a problem for anybody, I'll work on adding a button.
2. Format of the saving is different. You'll want to open the log using Wordpad - if you open it in notepad, it will look all bunched together.
3. The name of the log will change every time you restart your client. It starts at book1.txt, and will keep adding 1 to the number until it rolls over, causes an error for being too large, or you manually reset it. This is to prevent data loss if you crash after recording some books and forget to move the log. If somebody starts having books not save anymore and has really high numbers for their logs, let me know and I'll give you a workaround (though I'll probably have a new version out with the workaround baked in before anybody even gets close to whatever the limit is).