• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bogus Wow Email..

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is a uo board but wasnt sure where else to post this, yes its about wow & I know a few play it read here still

funny thing is, I dont have a wow acct. Son does, but its attacthed to his email, not mine. Nor is he thinking of selling it. I mean come on, do they really take ppl for a fool? I give all the info they want & oh yah dont change pw til we r done investigating? pft wiping it clean u mean.

[email protected]hursday, April 2, 2009 11:21 AM

Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer -Or- WoW CD key

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

KK I got this posted on a diff board, it is a scam, heres the link to the blizzard site talkin about it & others

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383&sid=1&pageNo=2#34

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is a uo board but wasnt sure where else to post this, yes its about wow & I know a few play it read here still

funny thing is, I dont have a wow acct. Son does, but its attacthed to his email, not mine. Nor is he thinking of selling it. I mean come on, do they really take ppl for a fool? I give all the info they want & oh yah dont change pw til we r done investigating? pft wiping it clean u mean.

[email protected]hursday, April 2, 2009 11:21 AM

Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

KK I got this posted on a diff board, it is a scam, heres the link to the blizzard site talkin about it & others

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383&sid=1&pageNo=2#34
From: "wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com" <wowaccountadmin@blizzgrd.com>

That tells it all really to me.

J

Jhym

Really?
* Account password

^^ That told me right away. No legit organization EVER asks for your password or question/answer. EVER.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really?
* Account password

^^ That told me right away. No legit organization EVER asks for your password or question/answer. EVER.
Just what I was thinking, lol.

Should respond to the email with bogus information :D

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder why they dint ask for your bank #'s too. Man that stuff irks me!:fight:

H

HillBilly

Too bad there isnt some kinda action that can be taken for emails like this. China blocks its users from Youtube but phishing seems to be OK :cursing:

Domain Name: BLIZZGRD.COM
Registrar: HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Whois Server: grs.hichina.com
Referral URL: http://www.net.cn
Name Server: DNS29.HICHINA.COM
Name Server: DNS30.HICHINA.COM
Updated Date: 26-mar-2009
Creation Date: 26-mar-2009
Expiration Date: 26-mar-2010

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew it was bogas, wanted to pass it along, but u know, i didnt even knowtice the blizzgrd was misspelled lol. I didnt look at it closely enough. Plus as i said, I dotn have a wow acct, so why on earth would I reply? lol

but yah

acct pw & secure ? I KNEW ea would never ask that, so was aslo thinking wow ppl wouldnt either

I'd just hate for some kid to be like huh? & respond & loss everything

& yah the donotreply but hey send it back to us via email was funny too

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once I saw different email domain names on email address that that was the big 1st flag. Then yes, acct PW & CD key along with secret Quest & Ans. was the next flag. Gotta love clowns like this, like ya said, too bad major fraud / Company impersonation charges couldn't be brought up against people like this.

R

Remyi

When you're looking at the domain name in the actual e-mail, it's really hard to distinguish differences. I got an e-mail just like that one, several months ago, and I could not find an error for the life of me. I knew it was fake, on the sole fact that I had never attempted to sell or trade my account, though. So I forwarded it to Blizzard's hacked accounts address.

R

Remyi

Subject: World of Warcraft - Account Verification
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:22:27 +0200
To:

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
<removed for safety>
Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

That's the exact e-mail I got. The url I removed was a link to a "woweurope" website, which was the only flag other than knowing I didn't ever attempt to sell or trade it. I obviously don't live in Europe, so why would I visit a website for the European version of WoW?