• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bods for Gargoyle pickaxes

G

The chances seem close to even for any of the bods that reward you with a Gargoyle pickaxe. Has anyone found a bod that always gives you a gar pickaxe? We are trying to train up a guild dragon for hunts and our time is limited.

L

Lord Keldon

What shard are you on? I have 10 or so that are just rotting in my smithing chest. I am on Lake superior.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All the BODs that give garg picks are equally likely to give prospector tools...

Any Exceptional Iron small BOD is 45% Garg Pick, 45% Pros Tool, 10% Studded leather mining gloves.

Dull Copper 10 & 15 Exceptional smalls, and Bronze 20, Gold 10 & Gold 15 Normal smalls, have a 40% chance of Garg Pick, 40% Pros Tool, 20% Powder of Fortifying.

G

So close but so far away. I am on Cats but thank you for the offer.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

The chances seem close to even for any of the bods that reward you with a Gargoyle pickaxe. Has anyone found a bod that always gives you a gar pickaxe? We are trying to train up a guild dragon for hunts and our time is limited.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realise that they are called gargoyle's pickaxes because they drop from gargoyle's as well right? You can get them from farming gargoyles still I believe.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, but the drop from gargoyles can be spotty....

We used to hunt stone gargoyles as an activity to get picks and to train the newer characters in our alliance. The chance of getting a gargoyle pickaxe off a gargoyle of any type is substantially less than the chance from a BOD. Typically, we'd get one about every 8-10 stone gargoyles, but sometimes we'd go 20 or 30 without one. Other times we'd get 3 in a row.

God, I hate the broken UO random number generator.....

G

Yes I knew about farming the gargoyles for pickaxes. We prefer to do the bods as a guild effort..

I

imported_Thom

You could also try looking at the NPC vendors in the smith shop and tinker in Luna (I forget which buys them). Some people sell the picks to them when they get them as a reward.

G

I didn't think anyone would sell them back to the npc vendor. I'll start checking.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I sell my excess GPA &amp; sturdy picks back to the smith in Luna, to save the time it would take to normally drop them on the ground. I have UOAssist Organizer agent set to move all the PT's, gloves, Shovels and Picks (both directions gets the Sturdies and the GPA - I then retrieve any GPAs and 200-use shovels I want to keep) to my hot sell bag and sell them to the smith or tinker, as needed. Often, this frees up enough space to turn in another 20 BODs for rewards after the first run, then the return drops a little every time.

I

imported_Thom

Duncan, I just found a bunch of picks in one of my characters bank boxes on Cats that i'm not going to use. Your welcome to them if you want them.

G

Thanks to Thom and Alarion for the pickaxes they gave me. We now have enough to train up the 2 new dragons we have.