• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD turn-in chances

• Thread starter imported_Mark Trail
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Mark Trail

As I read the patch notes, there is NO change of exceptional chances for either smith or tailor bod's. The only change for getting new BOD's is a better chance at colored for smiths. Looks like my tailors stay down at 100 and I work the smiths harder.

G

I dont know...I just got my first smith bod at 120 smithing.

Its a 15 normal iron weapon.

Joy. From what I understand i should have like a 90% chance to getting a colored if its working... Bad luck?

I'll let you know in 6 hours....

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick check before I run off to work...

First BOD: 20x Verite Ring Large
Second BOD: 10n Iron Maul small

I'm going to turn in a bunch after work today. I'm curious to see if I get 90% colored BODs instead of the normal 25%.

I

imported_Plum Cake

u can't get 90% of colored bod coz not all the iron bod can be colored (like weapons) so u can go up to 40 % 50% of colored bod in the total i think

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

u can't get 90% of colored bod coz not all the iron bod can be colored (like weapons) so u can go up to 40 % 50% of colored bod in the total i think

[/ QUOTE ]That sounds right from what I've seen from reports in U.hall.

50% of all BODs are weapons
5% of all BODs will be iron armor
45% will be colored armor, which means something like this (most likely):
22.5% DC (1 out of 4ish)
11.3% Shadow (1 out of 8)
5.7% Copper (1 out of 16)
2.8% Bronze (1 out of 32)
1.4% Gold (1 out of 63)
.7% Agapite (1 out of 125)
.4% Verite (1 out of 250)
.2% Valorite (1 out of 500)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's My results from 100 BODs with a legendary smith...

Iron BODs:
53 Smalls, 2 larges
Only THREE of the smalls were armor (1 ring, 1 plate, one non-combinable). THIS is the area where the new bonuses show their effect. The larges were 1 swords (ex 15), 1 ring (normal 10)

Colored BODs (given in Normal/Exceptional):

Dull Copper: 11 BODs total
Ring: 1/0
Chain: 2/0 and 1 large (normal 20)
Plate: 1/2 and 1 large (ex 10)
Non-combinable: 1/2

Shadow Iron: 10 BODs total
Ring: 2/1
Chain: 0/0, but got 1 large (Normal 15)
Plate: 1/0
Non-combinable: 4/1 (HALF the BODs)

Copper: 7 BODs total
Chain: 0/1 and 2 larges (Normal 10 &amp; ex 15)
Plate: NONE
Non-combinable: 0/3

Bronze: 5 (here's where the problem with non-combinables start to show)
Ring: NONE
Chain: NONE
Non-combinable: 3/2.
Yep, 5 BODs, all of them famers

Gold: 1 (I think this is either a fluke or a bug, given the high three metal types)
Chain: None
Plate: None
Non-combinable: None

Agapite: 6 total
Ring: None
Chain: 1/0
Plate: 1/1
Non-combinable: 1/2

Verite: 3 total
Ring: None
Chain: 0/1
Plate: None
Non-combinable: 1/1

Valorite: 2
Ring: NONE
Chain: NONE
Non-combinable: 2/0

Breakdown of colored types as a whole
Total: 45
Large (any type): 5
Ringmail Smalls: 6 (5/1)
Chain Smalls: 5 (3/2)
Plate Smalls: 6 (3/3)
NON-COMBINABLES: 23 (12/11)

It would appear that the primary effect of the +20%/+40% chance is to nearly eliminate Iron from the Armor side of the equation. HOWEVER, it would have been better to have applied the bonus to the armor/weapon split, or to move the non-combinables over to the "weapon" side of the decision tree.

This is because ELEVEN OF TWENTY-FOUR Small metal Armor BOD types (45.83%) are non-combinables.

In fact, with the new bonuses, my idea to move the non-combinables over to the weapon side, would allieviate most of the remaining issues we have (too many non-combinables remain)

G

I have been waiting months (since first announced here on stratics) for this patch.

And you mean to tell me i'm going to get a very minimal increase in chance to get a good BOD.

Who "plans" this crap and tests it.

Guess scripters still rule.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not all bad...

It reduces the previous 75% Iron to 55% Iron.

But, without changes to how the Eleven non-combinable BODs are chosen, the increase in combinable colored BODs is not quite felt (granted, it WILL give you more chances for PoF, but that's the only major plus).

Before Today

50% Iron Weapons
25% Iron Armor (all)
11.46% Colored non-combinables
13.54% Colored Combinables

After today (for a legendary smith)
50% Iron Weapons
5% Iron armor (all)
20.625% Colored non-combinables
24.375% Colored combinables

That's a major improvement, but what we all really wanted to see was the 40% improvement lower the chance of weapons, and/or lower the chance of non-combinables.

Devs, the variables in the BOD decision tree need to be altered so that the Iron vs. color check occurs BEFORE weapons vs. armor, and make color block movement into the Weapons branch - OR, move shields, Female Plate and the 4 non-combinable helms into the weapons branch, so that color has meaning there, while making the armor branch all combinables (similar to how tailoring is now). Even introducing 2 new LBODs for Shields and (non-plate) helms, paying out like plate &amp; ring bods, respectively, would help fix the problem (and leave only the female plate without an LBOD).

G

I think the changes are perfect. Considerably less iron in my opinion. 90% colored would be fairly ridiculous. High end hammers would become too common in that case.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I truthfully would have preferred not having the bonus if they'd just gotten rid of the non-combinables, or moved them over to the weapon side, to reduce the number of weapons bods.

Even 90% armor BODs, with still 50%/50% Iron/colored would be better.

Z

zarobhr

here is my results for today, turned in 1380 smith bods
Large
iron 10 Normal 0 exp
Dull 13 normal 9 exp
Shadow 16 normal 7 exp
copper 6 norm 5 except
bronze 6 and 0
gold 5 and 3
agapite 2 and 4
verite 0 and 2
valorite 1 and 0

Smalls first number normal second is exceptiona

iron 369 and 351 (of which 341 and 325 were weapon)
dull 96 and 78
shadow 71 and 77
copper 40 and 33
bronze 24 and 25
gold 15 and 23
agapite 16 and 24
verite 11 and 3
valorite 3 and 4

i am very happy now about small color to large color ratio

J

Jhym

My first legendary bod-pull was a valorite non-exceptional plate. So I'd say it's pretty good. of course the next 3 or 4 were weapons.

S

slasherofveils

IMO they should have changed the bonuses for 110 to lower chance of weapon/increase chance of armor, and 120 to be the increased color chance, or lump weapon BODs with iron BODS far as decision making goes.

And the fact that almost half the possible colored smalls are uncombinable is kinda lamo.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the perfect change would have been:

1. Make the colored/iron split occur before weapons/armor

2. Move the Shields, female plate and the non-plate helms to the weapon side, and make all non-iron results on that side be those.

That would make the break, even under 110 (or before the bonuses)
25% weapons &amp; iron non-combinables
25% colored noncombinables
25% Iron combinable armor
25% colored non-combinable.

That would then be 15/35/15/35 at 110-119, and 5/45/5/45 at Legendary. Among other things, doing so would reduce the existing amounts of iron bods being sold by scripters to legit smiths trying to cycle for good BODs, as well as the scripters that cycle for themselves.