• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bod Bugs Thread

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where do we report these problems? Not sure so I'll start a thread....

Bribing for Bowcraft Bods is not working correctly.

I have a Large 20 Bulk Order for Eleven Comp, Barbed Longbow, Slayer Longbow, Frozen Longbow, Longbow of might all normal quality.

I was able to bribe up from regular wood to Frostwood 20 NM but it won't let me bribe one more time to 20 EX. Says that the bod cannot be upgraded anymore. This should be allowed as the smalls can be EX.

I also have a Longbow of Might 20 NM Regular wood and it won't let me bribe it up any more (Should be able to go to Oak, Ash, Yew, Blood etc).

I had a Slayer Longbow Heartwood 15 NM that it did allow me to bribe up to Frostwood so once its special wood it seems you can bribe but doesn't allow regular wood to bribe up.

For Tinker bods : Have the large for Smith Tools, Fletching tools etc. Won't let me bribe it up to an EX large even though the smalls can be EX (I had a 20 SMith Tools 20 EX bod).

Last edited:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bribing for tinker, cooking & alch will take the money and not bump the BOD on occasion.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No guarantee they will see it here on Stratics.
Guarantee they will see submissions via their own email/contact form.
I'd submit them directly to Mesannas email.

No excuses then. There is generally no acknowledgement through the bugs email.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thank all for this info, just reporting to devs wont help us all from these mistakes. keep them coming so we know. I had 15 normal kegs that wouldn't fill. don't know if they meant potion kegs, says kegs.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tinker 20 normal large BOD for tools can't be bribed to exceptional.

Alchemy 10 nexus core SBOD worth 110 points is a joke - too much resources with nothing interesting in return. There is no rewards between 50 and 210 points. There is no LBOD to fit it. There is too low profit to bank it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
thank all for this info, just reporting to devs wont help us all from these mistakes. keep them coming so we know. I had 15 normal kegs that wouldn't fill. don't know if they meant potion kegs, says kegs.
It's potion Kegs...this was reported multiple times from the very beginning so hopefully it's on there Fix list :)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Carpentry music intruments LBOD is normal only, some SBODs can be exceptional (still missing some to test)

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's another one linked to the new rewards system - if for some reason you hand in a BOD with a character without that particular skill, and cancel the rewards gump, there's no way to get the rewards menu back open...

Means you can't then claim rewards from any other BOD either - had to get a GM fix it for me earlier. Makes me double check which colour it is while I'm handing them back in...!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Normal BODs small or large will accept exceptional items and exceptional SBODs
i thought so, but would not let my combine an exceptional/20/katana to fultill the requirement of a normal LBOD wanting normal/20/katana

slightly frustrated

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's another one linked to the new rewards system - if for some reason you hand in a BOD with a character without that particular skill, and cancel the rewards gump, there's no way to get the rewards menu back open...

Means you can't then claim rewards from any other BOD either - had to get a GM fix it for me earlier. Makes me double check which colour it is while I'm handing them back in...!
Why would you turn in a BOD to a NPC with a char that does not have that skill? A char with 0/zero skill would not be able to claim a BOD to replace the one turned in. It begs the question, did you do BODs before this PUB?

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why would you turn in a BOD to a NPC with a char that does not have that skill? A char with 0/zero skill would not be able to claim a BOD to replace the one turned in. It begs the question, did you do BODs before this PUB?
maybe they wanted the fame or city loyalty

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I filled a Large Human Style Bows Exceptional Frostwood, Then I turned it in I only got to choose 650 point. I should had been able to choose a Heartwood Runic Tool with the 1100 point, but now I only got a Ash Runic Tools :(

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has it been reported that you no longer get gold and fame for EVERY bod you turn in?? I am ONLY getting gold/fame when I CHOOSE a reward.... We should be getting the gold/fame when we turn in regardless of whether we are banking points or choosing a reward.... dont you think ?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has it been reported that you no longer get gold and fame for EVERY bod you turn in?? I am ONLY getting gold/fame when I CHOOSE a reward....
And you getting gold reward according to last BOD, looks like it not accumulated.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Picked up a junk Carpentry BOD that had been dropped on the floor with my second crafter while picking up Cooking BODs in Brit, bought items and filled it. Knew I couldn't claim another, but right-clicked reward menu by mistake when it popped up. Hence the issue of not being able to reclaim the reward. Call it a spur of the moment thing, and an effort to alert others to a bug.

And yes, have done BODs since they came out.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
has it been reported that you no longer get gold and fame for EVERY bod you turn in?? I am ONLY getting gold/fame when I CHOOSE a reward.... We should be getting the gold/fame when we turn in regardless of whether we are banking points or choosing a reward.... dont you think ?
This is still working the way it always has. I thought the same thing..but before when you turned in a BOD, you automatically got the reward so you got the fame and gold..NOW if you chose to bank points, you're NOT getting a reward so you won't get the fame and gold.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is still working the way it always has. I thought the same thing..but before when you turned in a BOD, you automatically got the reward so you got the fame and gold..NOW if you chose to bank points, you're NOT getting a reward so you won't get the fame and gold.
But when you do pick a reward the Fame and Gold that you get is based on a single BOD that would have given you that reward not a total of all the BODs that you turned in to get that many banked points.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you just essentially repeated what I said.... and again, my question is... is this INTENDED to be this way? We are turning in completed BODS and I think we SHOULD get fame/gold for EACH one, even when we are banking the points. Heck, especially when we are banking points because we are NOT getting an instant reward. Losing out on a LOT of accumulated gold by not getting paid for each and every BOD that is being turned in. The life of a crafter is hard and expensive... and now one of my ways of earning gold on this char has just been crushed.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But when you do pick a reward the Fame and Gold that you get is based on a single BOD that would have given you that reward not a total of all the BODs that you turned in to get that many banked points.
Because you're only picking one reward...you still have the banked points..so you're not losing fame and gold, you'll get it when you use the points. Either you get say..12 gold and 24 fame from a small normal BOD....so you fill and bank those until you get 200 points (Yeah that's a lot of BODS) And then get ONE high-end reward and get 1200 gold and 2400 fame...(Not real figures just an example) so you're still getting the fame and gold just not instantly, it's like you're banking the fame and gold too lol, if that makes sense?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So, you just essentially repeated what I said.... and again, my question is... is this INTENDED to be this way? We are turning in completed BODS and I think we SHOULD get fame/gold for EACH one, even when we are banking the points. Heck, especially when we are banking points because we are NOT getting an instant reward. Losing out on a LOT of accumulated gold by not getting paid for each and every BOD that is being turned in. The life of a crafter is hard and expensive... and now one of my ways of earning gold on this char has just been crushed.
Yes this is intended, sorry had to go back and find the post Kyronix made about it

UO Wiki Bulk Orders Section Updated!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because you're only picking one reward...you still have the banked points..so you're not losing fame and gold, you'll get it when you use the points. Either you get say..12 gold and 24 fame from a small normal BOD....so you fill and bank those until you get 200 points (Yeah that's a lot of BODS) And then get ONE high-end reward and get 1200 gold and 2400 fame...(Not real figures just an example) so you're still getting the fame and gold just not instantly, it's like you're banking the fame and gold too lol, if that makes sense?
You are missing the whole point. I turn in 20X iron bods and get Gold and Fame every time. If I banked all those BODs to pick the very same reward then I would only get the FAME and GOLD from one of those BODs not the total Fame and Gold that they would have given if I didn't bank them.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You are missing the whole point. I turn in 20X iron bods and get Gold and Fame every time. If I banked all those BODs to pick the very same reward then I would only get the FAME and GOLD from one of those BODs not the total Fame and Gold that they would have given if I didn't bank them.
Okay so you're making me use my brain and I don't like it :/

From a 20-count exp Iron BOD, the previous rewards were either...+3 Mining Gloves OR a gargoyles pickaxe or prospectors tool.

NOW if you have a 20-Count exp Iron BOD, it's worth 5 banked points OR 250 now points...which would get you the same rewards IF you want to lose points by turning it in..OR saving the 5 points to get a better reward worth higher fame and gold.

So you might be losing a TINY TINY amount of Fame and Gold...if you're trying to live off of turning BODs in for gold then you need to re-think your strategy. I think the fame and gold is an added bonus on top of the reward you get so to me anyway, losing that little bit isn't a big deal. It might be for some, I'm not denying that...but overall I think it's better.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa This is an example only and I would NEVER do this.
20X Dull Copper SBOD is 450 points or 9 banked points and gives PoF, Fame and Gold
If I turn in 50 of these I get 50 PoFs, 50 X Fame points and 50 X Gold, not sure what the gold is for them
Now lets do something really stupid and BANK all 50 of those BODs for, you guessed it, 450 points
Now lets claim 1 jar of PoF and you will receive Gold and Fame for just one 20X Dull Copper SBOD, not the total of the 50 you turned in.
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE. What @vasagi and I would like is if UO could somehow keep a running tally of total gold and fame from all the BODs and give them to you when you collect bank points. I do not use Bank Points for anything above a 20N of anything just to keep all the clutter from the lower end rewards so I can get more BODs.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly right, using your example Frodo, we can never recoup the "banked fame/gold" because we can only get ONE POF.. not 49 more! So, granted some think the small amount of fame/gold that you get from small bods that do not give good rewards anyways is minuscule, it all adds up to thousands of gold, when you do bods in the thousands like I do.
I wish there was a way that at least the gold could be given for every bod turned in.. regardless of whether you picked a reward or you banked points. They could just make it that when banked points are eventually used... no gold is given because you got it when you turned in the bod. Does that make sense? Regardless of whether you are banking or picking immediate reward.. you have filled and turned in a bod... you should get your fame/gold for each one at that time!